SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

PlaceShifter will exit if you click on active PS Window (using SageMC)

Help:
I have installed PS on 2 seperate machines Win2000 and WinXP and have the same problem.
If you click on the active PS window PS will exit back to the PS Server Manager. Has anyone else seen this issue, is this a BUG in PS.
Thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I know that PS will spontaneously exit if you try to open an options screen. I'm not sure if this has ever been resolved. Are you right clicking to cause this to happen?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I know that PS will spontaneously exit if you try to open an options screen. I'm not sure if this has ever been resolved. Are you right clicking to cause this to happen?

Aloha,
Mike
Mike,
It will exit with a Left or Right click Full Screen or windowed.
Thanks
Old 09-08-2006, 04:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I know that PS will spontaneously exit if you try to open an options screen. I'm not sure if this has ever been resolved.
This issue is gone ...

Dirk
Old 09-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

PlaceShifter will exit if you click on active PS Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
This issue is gone ...

Dirk
Dirk,
Do you mean, Gone in you latest release of SageMC?

Jeff
Old 09-08-2006, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostinpvr
Dirk,
Do you mean, Gone in you latest release of SageMC?

Jeff
Yeah,

I checked it with my latest 6.10 release, and it does not happen for me any more ...

Dirk
Old 09-08-2006, 07:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yeah,

I checked it with my latest 6.10 release, and it does not happen for me any more ...

Dirk
Cool I will install it later today.
BTW I think SageMC is the best, Very Clean and Professional.

Jeff
Old 09-08-2006, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Cool I will install it later today.
BTW I think SageMC is the best, Very Clean and Professional.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff

Dirk
Old 09-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Dirk,
Still does it. I installed 6.10a and then I tried 6.11 and the same problem. Still closes.
Thanks, Jeff
Old 09-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Is this happening in the unmodified default STV (SageTV3.xml) or only in the custom STV?

If it happens in the default setup, it should be reported to SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Is this happening in the unmodified default STV (SageTV3.xml) or only in the custom STV?

If it happens in the default setup, it should be reported to SageTV.

- Andy
Andy,
I changed the STV from SageMC on the client back to the default STV, with the default STV the problem seems to go away.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I changed the STV from SageMC on the client back to the default STV, with the default STV the problem seems to go away.
A general rule to follow is to test a problem using a default setup. If it fails in that situation, then something like this needs to be reported to SageTV so it can be fixed.

When using an STV customization & the problem doesn't happen with the default STV, please check with the customization's developer. If the developer can find the cause in the STV and fix it: great. If the cause is found, but there doesn't seem to be an STV coding error, check with SageTV. They may want a sample STV with the problem easily reproduced so it can be determined if it is a problem in the core. Come to think of it, if the problem is fixed in the STV, but the code _should_ have worked, SageTV would probably want to know about that too.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
A general rule to follow is to test a problem using a default setup. If it fails in that situation, then something like this needs to be reported to SageTV so it can be fixed.

When using an STV customization & the problem doesn't happen with the default STV, please check with the customization's developer. If the developer can find the cause in the STV and fix it: great. If the cause is found, but there doesn't seem to be an STV coding error, check with SageTV. They may want a sample STV with the problem easily reproduced so it can be determined if it is a problem in the core. Come to think of it, if the problem is fixed in the STV, but the code _should_ have worked, SageTV would probably want to know about that too.

- Andy

Quote:
Quote:
I know that PS will spontaneously exit if you try to open an options screen. I'm not sure if this has ever been resolved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flachbar
This issue is gone ...

Dirk
Thanks Andy
I discussed this issue with Flachbar earlier, He mentioned it was fixed? Guess not I will let him know and see if it is really the Custom STV.
Thanks, Jeff
Old 09-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Hi there lostinpvr,

The problem you are referring to used to exist a couple versions back (of SageMC), I saw it as well, and know exactly what you are referring to. I bet even if you hit the ESC/Options key the window goes away as well, correct? Flachbar corrected that a while back, and when he did and I updated, I haven't seen the problem since. Maybe starting over with a fresh Install of SageMC with the latest Development release (6.11a) would be a quick way of finding out. You could always back up your SageTV3 dir, and replace it back if you wanted to. It probably wouldn't take more than 5 mins to try this out. I don't know if the JARS are part of that whole fix either, but there have been some updates to them as well, so make sure you get the latest ones and replace those in your JARS folder as well. You will need them anyway for all the new SageMC IMDB stuff to work properly.
Thanks JDS23 I will try that I didn't notice if hitting ESC made it happen or not.
I will try the reinstall approch and see if that helps. Would you recommend a complete sage reinstall or just the SageMC portion?
Another question when I upgrade the SageMC version all that should be needed is to unzip the contents of the file to the target directory and reload Sage, Correct? You shouldn't need to reimport it into sage?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Hi there, you shouldn't need to re-install sage to get this going. You could definitely just unzip the 5.10 version to the original paths, and then unzip the 6.11a and 'Import" it into 5.10. You have to Install 5.10 first, then 'Import" 6.11a into that, and do all that with sage shutdown of course. That will get you the latest version. Then if you had any of the updated icons/guide-bars and such from meinmaui, you would have to reload those as they will most likely get overwritten when unzipping 5.10 again.

Just to be safe (although I can't see anything you could really mess up), copy your "SageTV3" dir to somewhere safe where you can grab anything from it that you might have forgotten about. That should do the trick, it will be completely reversible if you want to restore your "SageTV3" dir back as you are right now. Hope that does it for ya!
Thanks I'll give it a shot,
Jeff
Old 09-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just installed SageMC today and wanted to try it out on placeshifter. I have the problem where it closes on right click.

I must have messed up the install I guess, because everyone indicates this has been fixed.

Maybe someone could point out where I went wrong.

I unzipped SageMC_169_5_10.zip to c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv
I unzipped flachbar-sagemc16x9-stv-latest-build-v612a.zip to c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv
I unzipped meinmaui-glassy-show-icons-v13.zip to c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv

I was able to set the STV in my placeshifter to SageMC_169.xml, but then <esc> or right-click the PS window closes.