SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

Request: Recording quality import GUI

With all the threads and questions about custom recording qualities, I would think that either someone would create an import to add custom qualities or Sage would incorporate it into the Sage core...
Old 09-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

I would really like something here too. Only option is to use 5.9GB/hr which is still under a lot of HD shows...I would much rather have 9GB/hr setting, and under-estimate available recording time, than the over estimate it and run out of space!
Old 09-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

The 5.9GB/hr is the Max that most of the supported tuners can record at.
12Mbit/s Max Mpeg-2. That is why that call it Max. I think all the Hauppauge Hardware encoders max out at 12Mbit/s and the Plextor ones max out at 6Mbit/s for 3GB/hr.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
I would really like something here too. Only option is to use 5.9GB/hr which is still under a lot of HD shows...I would much rather have 9GB/hr setting, and under-estimate available recording time, than the over estimate it and run out of space!
It is easy to add custom rates to Sage. All you have to do is add 1 line to the properties file.

mmc/python2_encoding/Name\ Quality=videobitrate\=9500000|width\=720|height\=480| audiobitrate\=384

Change the videobitrate to whatever you want it to be. Also change "Name" to whatever you want it to be called in Sage.

It didn't work properly for dvd_maniac, but he is having some strange issues with his setup.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
With all the threads and questions about custom recording qualities, I would think that either someone would create an import to add custom qualities or Sage would incorporate it into the Sage core...
I think this was asked about a long time ago and since Sage must be restarted before any changes would take affect it was said that it was just as easy to manually add them. I agree though it would be nice, but not high on my list of requests.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Sage Icon

I kinda found out what my problem was with adding the custom recording and why it didn't seem to take. Certain favorites would not take any recording quality and always recorded at 4Mbit/s(Didn't even show a quality in debug log). Once I deleted the favorite and re-added them the custom quality took fine.
I just thought it would be nice to have an easier way of adding them. The only gripe people seem to have about Sage compared to MCE or BTV is the slightly higher learning curve. Don't get me wrong, I love the customization level sage has and think it is miles above the competition but I would think that Sage would want to keep pace with them on !!!everything!!!. Not really, I guess I just got a sour taste with my last experience adding a custom quality.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

That was one odd problem you had.

I agree it would be better if Sage was easier to setup and customize. I've just recently got around to adding the dynamic menus, rss feeds, etc... It wasn't hard, but I'd have tried it much sooner if it hadn't seemed so difficult.