SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-20-2006, 07:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

Any way to force a tuner to record a certain show

I need to test my PCI fusion card. So I need it not to record any show on channel 7. I thought of just going into the setup of the tuner in sage and remove that channel from it's list.

Would that do it? By doing that, the tuner shouldn't know about that channel...right?

Thanks

3/HD-100's, 1/HD-200
Old 09-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdefino
I need to test my PCI fusion card. So I need it not to record any show on channel 7. I thought of just going into the setup of the tuner in sage and remove that channel from it's list.

Would that do it? By doing that, the tuner shouldn't know about that channel...right?

Thanks
That should work. I have three tuners, and program guides for the channels that I want each tuner to see. It's been working for me.

Phil
Old 09-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Can't do it. Since the Tuners use the same lineup. Any changes to a certain tuner will chnage on the other tuners that is using the same line up.

Bummer

So how can I tell 1 of my 3 HD tuners not the record off of channel 7 without affecting the other tuners?

thanks

3/HD-100's, 1/HD-200
Old 09-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

You can setup different lineups for each of your tuners. For the one tunner just pick a random city, deselct all the channels, and then tell it to scan for new channels. I had to do that to get my Hauppauge and Fusion cards to work together. i.e. the fusion card would try to tune to a SD channel and vice a versa.

Flips
Old 09-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Cool, didn't know I could do that.

Thanks

3/HD-100's, 1/HD-200