SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-17-2003, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Lightbulb SageTV plugin for ATI Remote Wonder

I have written a quick plugin for the ATI remote wonder (because I don't have the time to learn all the details of Girder...). It's pretty simple but is still customisable though the ini file... It uses the same interface as Girder (SendMessage) to control Sage.

You can customise the actions assigned to the A-F buttons using the ATI software in the normal way... If you want to customise the actions assigned to the other buttons, edit the contents of the sagetv.ini file in the ATI plugins directory. The contents should be self-explanitory...

Any support / feature requests, post them here, and I will try and do something.. The source is included, but if you could mail/PM any mods back to me, I will integrate them into an official version...

For a way to get the TV button to run Sage, see this post below

For more complex things, Girder is probably better, but the learning curve is pretty steep to start with...

Current versions:
1.0.0.1 for SageTV/SageClient v1.4,
2.0.0.2 for SageTv/SageClient v2.0.18+
2.1.0.1 for SageTV/SageClient v2.1.10+

Changes:

Ver 2.1.0.1 : 28 Oct 2004
Updated to use the Window class name of SageTV 2.1

Ver 2.0.0.2 : 3 May 2004
Included Close File/Stop Playback command (mapped to Stop key)
Project now hosted on Sourceforge

Ver 2.0.0.1 : 26 Apr 2004
Updated release to include new SageCommands (added to custom commands)
Updated plugin to handle SageClient and SageTV simultaneously
Added auto-repeat to PAUSE key (frame advance)
Changed Menu key to Info (was Options) command

Ver 1.0.0.1 : 14 Oct 2003.
My First Release

Ver 1.0: Ati official plugin

Last edited by nielm; 11-03-2004 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.0.0.1 for SageTV 1.4. See Readme for installation instructions

Last edited by nielm; 11-03-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Sage

Cool. Thanks for building this.

Anybody else try it yet?
Old 12-05-2003, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Do you know if it will work with SageClient?
Old 12-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

It worked on my client!

Jason
Old 12-05-2003, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks JasonJoel -- that saves me testing it!
Old 12-06-2003, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

It also works great on my client! Thanks for putting this together!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:26 PM

I haven't tried this plugin yet (thanks, though..), but can it be used to map the "TV" button on the Remote Wonder to SageTV? I haven't found anything yet that will allow me to bind that button to a "launch SageTV" action.
Currently, I am using Girder with my Remote Wonder.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:11 PM
SageTVaholic

No, the TV button is not mappable via ATI's interface... I also had a look to see if I could hack it via the registry, but nothing obvious there either.. Media library button is also hard-coded..

I use one of the A-F buttons, and leave it unmapped in all other plugins, but mapped to 'Run Program/SageTV.exe' when Windows is active... That works for me...
Old 01-12-2004, 06:12 PM

I managed to get it working by not running the ATI application, and using the X10 plugin for Girder instead. Works very well.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:21 AM
SageTVaholic

I wanted to keep the functionality of my existing ATI plugins, with differrent keys meaning different things to different apps, mouse movement feature, etc.
Girder, I am sure can do all that - if you have the time to learn how to use it and then set it up which I didn't, and still don't!
Old 03-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Sage User

ATI Utility

To compliment this plugin, here is a little program I put together some time ago for the Remote Wonder. It allows the user to launch any program from the Remote Wonder TV button. Very small program and requires very little setup. It has been tested with the Remote Wonder 1.4 drivers.
Enjoy.....
Hocky
Attached Files
File Type: zip atimmc.zip (4.2 KB, 3066 views)
Old 03-17-2004, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Nice one Hocky... You might want to send it to the guys at http://remotew.free.fr -- if you haven't already -- they have a collection of RW plugins...

I eventually went to a 100% Girder setup to get access to all keys on my RW (and also so that I could use the 'video' keys on my TV remote with a serial port IR receiver!), but it took me months to get the same level of functionality as I had with the original ATI RW software and plugins...
Old 03-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Sage Expert

Hocky,

can your program interface withgirder? What I would love to do is be able to push the TV button and have it turn the TV on and off through girder and my USB-UIRT.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

If you're using Girder why would you need this plugin? Use the X-10/ATI plugin for Girder (not the ATI Remote Wonder plugin) and you have access to every button on your remote. From that point it should be very easy to turn your TV on from Girder.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Sage User

ATIMMC

What gplasky said. My program is for use with the ati drivers only.
Hocky
Old 03-24-2004, 07:39 PM
Sage Expert

The TV, DVD, WEB etc buttons are not configurable. Only A,B,C,D,E,F are configurable. That and the number buttons and the vcr functions at the bottom.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:41 PM
Sage User

Two different plugins

AJ;
I believe there a couple different Girder plugins for the Remote Wonder. One works in conjunction with the ATI software and the other one does not. The later, I believe gives the user complete control over the RW, but you do not retain the mouse movement. There have been work-arounds for this of various types. The work arounds (IMHO) do not provide the same smooth response as the ATI software. You win some and you loose some.
I like the original ATI software myself and that is why I did some reverse engineering. My fix took about 5 minutes to discover what the TV button was doing and about 15 or 20 minutes in VB to write the program.
Here is what I did, if anyone cares. I installed the RW software and fired up one of my favorite utilities. FILEMON from sysinternals.com. I started the ATI driver and fired up filemon. Then I punched the TV button and let filemon do it's magic! In no time at all I could see what the TV button was doing. Once I knew that, the rest was easy! You can use my program for other things too. You just need to be a little creative is all. Take a look at some of the other utilities out there at sysinternals. Some very interesting FREE stuff!
If anyone else has anything that is stumping you RE the RW, give me a yell and I will try and help.
Hocky
Old 03-25-2004, 01:03 AM
SageTVaholic

There is one GML for Girder for the ATI RW X10 plugin that gives far better mouse movement than with the ATI software (IMHO) it uses accelleration and decelleration when you hold the buttons down and change direction so you can 'drive the mouse round corners' -- it is in the forums, not on the downlaod pages...
See here for the mouse GML andhere for other tools from the same author, and here for a SMS-style alphanumeric keypad input...
Old 03-25-2004, 05:09 AM
SageTVaholic

AJ:

Use this plugin

X10/ATI pugin for Girder

This is NOT the same as the ATI Remote Wonder plugin on the Girder page that you are probably using. This plugin will let you use every single button on your ATI Remote.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.