SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I too switched over to girder to have ultimate control. One thing that I am having a dificult time recreating from when I was using the RW software has to do with FF/RW. Before if I held down FF it would continue to FF until I let go (I actually believe that it was repeatedly skipping forward). Now it will only skip forward once and I need to keep pressing to skip though. Anyone know a way to recreate this? Thanks
Old 04-14-2004, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

You need 2 events assigned to the FF/REW (and if you want, PAUSE so you can do frame advamce).
The first event is the DN_ button-down event, the second is the RT_ button-repeat evemt, which is sent when you keep the button pressed. There is also an UP_ event for button release, but this is less useful.

You can learn a RT_ repeat event by:
pressing the button.
Pressing 'Learn'
waiting for an RT_ event to be captured
releasing the buttom.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you! Lets hope that works for me!
Old 04-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

That did it, thanks again.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:38 AM
SageTVaholic

ATI Remote wonder plugin V2.0.0.1 for SageTV and SageClient version 2.0.17.

Changes:
  • Includes new SageCommands (added to custom commands)
  • Updated plugin to handle SageTV and multiple SageClients simultaneously based on the current foreground app.
  • Added auto-repeat to PAUSE key (frame advance)
  • Changed Menu key to Info (was Options) command

Last edited by nielm; 11-03-2004 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 02:32 AM
SageTVaholic

ATI Remote wonder plugin V2.0.0.2 for SageTV and SageClient version 2.0.17RC3

Changes:
Included Close File/Stop Playback command (mapped to Stop key)

Last edited by nielm; 11-03-2004 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey I am looking for a little help with Girder and my ATI Remote Wonder

I have downloaded Girder, Stranger89's GML, the plugin listed in this topic for configuring the X10/ Remote Wonder remotes (any command for any button)

I got Girder loaded up added the GML

started making girder learn commands

and many already do not work???

should I post on girder forums?

I do still have my silver remote pluged in though, but have the right device chosen(ATI remote)

I want to make the power button sleep and wake SageTv like I do with the hauppauge remote and cannot do that

I mapped pause to pause and that does not work

I installed the lastest remote control driver for the remote wonders from ati's site

should I have used the x 10 driver if so can some give a link

just some help would be most appreciated
Old 05-10-2004, 02:09 AM
SageTVaholic

nevermind I got it mostly
and think I am going with SageTV plugin anyways

I got girder running but it could not tell the difference between volume up and down and channel up and down
Old 05-14-2004, 03:53 PM

Thanks for the plugin. Without it, I might not be giving Sage a chance (Im sure Im not alone).

Question: Is there a button while watching something on Live TV to take u back to the TV Guide ..or Main Menu?
Old 05-15-2004, 03:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by PainGain
Question: Is there a button while watching something on Live TV to take u back to the TV Guide ..or Main Menu?
You can assign commands such as these to the custom buttons (A-F) in the ATI RW application if you select 'Specific to the currently active Feature', and 'When: ATI RW plugin for SageTV is in focus'

The listboxes then have various sage commands for going to specifi screens, aspect ratios etc.
There is also 'do nothing -- which actually means 'do the command that is defined for When Windows is active'

There is a command 'Sage\Previous screen' which will always take you back to the last screen(s) that you entered. The ViewTV command actually toggles between the TV mode and whatever screen you were last on (such as TV guide).
Attached Images
File Type: gif rw.gif (87.3 KB, 616 views)

Last edited by nielm; 05-15-2004 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Does anyone know of a better RF remote ?

The AIW provides 100% of the functionality that I want its great .. but a complete and utter moron did the key layout. The buttons are horrible, the transport layout is horrible, the location of the VERY frequently used navigation keys is horrible, no back glow. UGH !
Old 06-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks so much for this Plugin, nielm!

I was a bit lost originally, then found the 1.4 version plugin and had all sorts of problems with it, but I'm pretty happy with the latest version! Everything seems to work fairly well... Too bad you can't set the TV, DVD, and Guide buttons up to work as their advertised functions...

I may just get a Firefly and be done with it! Now that looks like one awesome remote!

Paul
Old 06-01-2004, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

you can set the remote to do TV and do sageTV
if you install a DVD program like TheaterTek you can use the DVD button
etc.....
Old 06-02-2004, 06:06 AM
Sage Icon

Hi, I am using MlbDude's 1.4 skin that includes a mini browser. I mapped the Guide button to 'D' on the remote. Basically, when you are watching liveTV and hit the guide button the mini browser comes up. THat is great, BUT i would love to be able to set another button to bring me to the full guide.

MlbDude said "There are Custom1- Custom5 command available that you can bind to (remote, key, whatever). Set that up just like you would any other remote binding. They should be in the list of available commands to bind to".

How exactly do I do this?
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-02-2004, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

To be able to send the custom commands to Sage, you will first have to add them to the plugin ini file... Add the following to the [SageTVFunctions] block:
Code:
Custom1=Custom|Custom1,1258,1,78
Custom2=Custom|Custom2,1258,1,79
Custom3=Custom|Custom3,1258,1,80
Custom4=Custom|Custom4,1258,1,81
Custom5=Custom|Custom5,1258,1,82
Restart the ATI application, and now you can assign these keys to the custom buttons...

If you want to replace the definition of the Menu remote key (bottom left of number pad) with either the Guide function or a custom function, then you need to change the code sent by the menu key, later in the ini file.

These custom commands will then be sent to Sage. What actions they will have depends on what mlbdude's skin does with them
Old 06-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Sage Icon

nielm, thanks for the reply
I am kind of following along. Before I can use any custom commands i need to add the codes to the ATI plugin file. Then I should be able to select them from the ATI application, BUT, if I want to completely remad an existing button (say Menu), I would need to go to the menu code and replace it with one of the custom commands? Let me know if I am missing something and I will try it out later tonight
thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 06-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Sage User

TV Button

PTaylor:
If you want to set up the TV button, read my earlier post. I have provided a program that will allow you to launch Sage (or any other app) with the TV button. If you want to do any of the other stuff, I have provided a tutorial on finding what the ATI app is looking for when you press one of the buttons.
Good luck
Hocky
Old 06-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Sage Icon

hello again, I am still having trouble using the Custom commands. I copied the code into the ATI plug in file and I am able to select the Custom commands in the remote wonder software, but since I don't have anything mapped to them nothing happens. I am not really sure what to do in the plugin file to get them to work. As it is now, the TVGuide function brings up MlbDude's mini guide and I want to either map another programmable button (a-f) to the Full guide, OR remap another button on the remote to go to the full guide. However, since MlbDude has it set up so the Guide function brings up the miniguide I am not really sure how to make the full guide independant. Am I confusing you...I am confusing myself. Can someone work up the correct codes to add to the plugin file. I wish I could do it myself but the remote mapping/binding?? has really gotten the better of me.
THanks
JUC

Old 06-04-2004, 10:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Hocky

why not just post a version that includes being able to map the DVD, WEB etc as well as the TV
someone could spend quite a while at this and you can do it in just a fewminutes rather than a tutorial

you would defintely have more people happy with their ATI remotes

just a though

hope it is not an inconvience

Thanks
Old 06-05-2004, 12:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by JUC
I copied the code into the ATI plug in file and I am able to select the Custom commands in the remote wonder software, but since I don't have anything mapped to them nothing happens. I am not really sure what to do in the plugin file to get them to work.
if you have them mapped to a custom key, then they are being sent... If Sage is not configured to do anything with these commands, then it will ignore them.

I have never used mlbdude's skin, so I don't know if it does anything with these custom buttons... I know that the Original STV does nothing with them!

To verify that they do nothing, you could also try mapping a key to the custom command in Sage (Setup/detailed setup/commands/link keystroke), then press that key to see what happens... Or just ask in Mlbdude's skin thread.

For the moment, the only alternative is two keys... one that goes to the home screen and another that sends 'guide'...

I am considering adding 'macros' to the plugin so that you can send multiple commands from one button (watch this space!)