SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-05-2004, 07:38 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks nielm, I am pretty sure I have them mapped to the custom key, but since it is not configured to do anything with them yet---it does nothing. So, I guess I just need to figure out how to map the custom key to get me to the full guide (but, since MlbDude already has the guide button mapped to go to the mini guide I am not sure if this is even possible). I'll keep plugging away and maybe work this out. Adding multiple commands from one button--are you referring to say-one key press does X, and then the second key press does Y--That would be GREAT!!.
THanks again
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-05-2004, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by JUC
Adding multiple commands from one button--are you referring to say-one key press does X, and then the second key press does Y
More like one key press does X and Y (eg, STOP=STOP+HOME)
Old 06-06-2004, 08:25 AM
Sage User

Sometimes.....

kny3twalker
I am going to get on a soap box and start preaching. Why is it that people think that it is easy to sit down and write a program? Why is it that people think that their time is so much more valuable than someone else's? That is exactly what you just said! Take some time and learn from what I have told you and you will be much further a head of the game.

End of soap box rant.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Sage User

Re: SageTV plugin for ATI Remote Wonder

Quote:
Originally posted by nielm
I have written a quick plugin for the ATI remote wonder (because I don't have the time to learn all the details of Girder...). It's pretty simple but is still customisable though the ini file... It uses the same interface as Girder (SendMessage) to control Sage.
nielm,

This is great! I used to use Girder with SageTV 1.4 but I found it to be a little unreliable on my system (sometimes I'd have to restart Girder and the ATI RW software when the remote stopped working) -- but your ATI RW plugin works great, all the time!

One question though: Your plugin, version 2.002, seems to require that SageTV is "in focus" in order to work. (If another app is in focus, or the screensaver is active, then pressing remote buttons does not control SageTV.)

Is it possible for me to modify your "ini" file so that your plugin will send messages to SageTV even if it is not in focus?

This would allow me to control SageTV from the sofa while someone else is using my computer for something else.

Or would configuring it in this way be a bad idea?

Thanks,

Matt
Old 06-24-2004, 08:40 AM
Sage Icon

Is there any way to get the ATI remotes channel up/dn button to do just that---either go up one channel or down one channel without it entereing the actual digits. example- if I am on channel 160- and press channel up it manually enters 161 instead of just going up one channel. I am using the actisys200L. The only reason I am asking is because i am hoping it would alleviate some of the delay in changing channels. I am gettin like a 5-7 second delay (at best) right now.
thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 06-24-2004, 08:57 AM

I would guess that that is Sage and not the ATI plug-in doing that. What happens when you do a channel up command from the keyboard?
Old 06-24-2004, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

The Ati remote just sends a 'Channel Up' command to Sage...
It is Sage itself that is sending 1-6-1- to the actisys200L.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

makes sense, would you know a way to change this in sage, or should I repost in the software section?
thanks
JUC

Old 06-24-2004, 11:46 AM
SageTVaholic

No, sorry.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Sage User

Hey,

Not wanting to bug anyone here, since i didn't notice any posts with this problem, but I have a remote wonder II and everytime I press the channel or volume button it usully skips two channles instead of one, same with volume, except with volume. These are the only two keys giving me trouble. If you do it quickly enough they work fine, but on average they skip more channels then needed.

Thanks
PCG
Old 07-13-2004, 04:36 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't have a RWII to test with... so the following is guesswork..

ch up/down, vol up/down, FF/REW and Pause are the only keys where I handle 'key - repeat' events... It may be that the RWII sends key-repeats much faster than the RW1

Do you also see that FF/REW skips for more than 10 seconds?

Is there anywhere in the RWII software whereby you can reduce the repeat time?
Old 07-14-2004, 07:41 AM
Sage User

Sorry, but I won't be able to verify the FF/REW keys till later morrow, as the computer is not in my possesion (setting it up for someone).

I have looked everywhere in the RWII for something to slow down repeat rate, but couldn't find anything.

Sorry, but that's all the info I have right now.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:01 AM
Sage User

Hey,

I just tried the buttons out and well, they do skip more then 20 seconds, unless I release the button really, really quickly. Same goes for the channel and volume button, they skip two steps, unless I just touch them for a millisecond or so.

If you could maybe let me know how to change the repeat rate, I would appriciate it. THanks
Old 07-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

I had a similar problem with the older RW 1 (not the newer 2) and it was a bad driver/software install for the remote.

Give this a try... unplug the remoter receiver, un-install the remote software, then reboot.

Intall the remote software, reboot, then plug in the remote receiver (may need another reboot there).

Anyway, after going a couple rounds with it, I did manage to get it to work better on my machine. Maybe it will straighten yours out also.

Of course you'll have to add back in whatever extra stuff needed to control other apps like SageTV aftwards again.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Sage User

Nope, that didn't help,

Thanks anyway.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Sage User

Hey,

I you could let me know what you comiled the code in, I would appreciate it. (hopefully it was something free). I wish I was still in school, that way I could get a copy of visual studio installed(had to reformat and I don't have a copy).

Thanks
pcg
Old 07-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

I want to go back to the old girder Remote Wonder plugin that Ksnoopy wrote to get good mouse movement. I can't find it on the girder site...could someone post the latest version here? thanks.
-ck
Old 07-16-2004, 01:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by pcguy2k
Hey,
I you could let me know what you comiled the code in, I would appreciate it.
Visual Studio (sorry) -- I didn't have anything else available... But it will probably compile in most C compilers, you just need to know the right libraries/options to link to create a dll
Old 07-16-2004, 02:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by pcguy2k
I just tried the buttons out and well, they do skip more then 20 seconds, unless I release the button really, really quickly. Same goes for the channel and volume button, they skip two steps, unless I just touch them for a millisecond or so.
Other people have also seen this probem -- see two posts on Rage3d forms. One suggests downgrading to the 2.1 software version...

The other option is to report it to ATI 'support' -- show that the arrow keys repeat too fast in something like notepad so they cannot blame my plugin!
Old 07-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Sage User

I kinda went for the cheap solution to the problem.

I made a increment variable (global), set it to 1 when a button is pressed, and then I waited two incrments, (inc%3!=0), after that I stoped incrementing and went straight into the repeat code. I know it's cheap, but it does get the job done and doesn't require much more processing power.

I also messed around with the code and sent sage it's native commands (defined here: http://www.sage.tv/2_papers/SageTVWindowsMessages.txt).

Anyway, if anyone has any better suggestions, please let me know (or if you see an obvious problem with this solution).

Jake

BTW
The older drivers aren't very friendly with the RW2

Last edited by pcguy2k; 07-19-2004 at 11:57 PM.