SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-17-2004, 04:29 PM
Sage User

Can anyone tell me if there is any way in existence to get a Remote Wonder II to work with a digital cable box?
Old 10-19-2004, 02:31 PM

Remote Wonder II not working with the plugin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocky
To compliment this plugin, here is a little program I put together some time ago for the Remote Wonder. It allows the user to launch any program from the Remote Wonder TV button. Very small program and requires very little setup. It has been tested with the Remote Wonder 1.4 drivers.
Enjoy.....
Hocky
Hi! I installed your excellent TV button reprogramming plugin but when I start MediaPortal with the TV button (I use RW2), MP crashes with this message:
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process ID: 0xb10 (2832), Thread ID: 0xa58 (2648)

Do you have an idea?
Unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I don't have a debugger...

/Niclas
Old 10-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Sage User

ATI TV Button Utl problem

I really don't have a clue. There have been no reported problems with it. I don't have a RW2 or mediportal, so I can't really can't test them. I think I would look else where though. The only thing I do is launch a program and then exit. Nothing major.....
Hocky
Old 10-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Sage User

I am using the ATI pluging for SageTV. Just installed the lastest beta version of SageTV, but can't get the remote working except the standard buttons for left, right, up and down. Does anybody now how to get this plugin working with the latest (2.1) version of sagetv?
Old 10-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oajungen
I am using the ATI pluging for SageTV. Just installed the lastest beta version of SageTV, but can't get the remote working except the standard buttons for left, right, up and down. Does anybody now how to get this plugin working with the latest (2.1) version of sagetv?
Hopefully, this is only a temporary bug with v2.1. In the mean time to get it to work correctly look at this post
Old 10-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Sage User

Help?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy2k
I kinda went for the cheap solution to the problem.

I made a increment variable (global), set it to 1 when a button is pressed, and then I waited two incrments, (inc%3!=0), after that I stoped incrementing and went straight into the repeat code. I know it's cheap, but it does get the job done and doesn't require much more processing power.

I also messed around with the code and sent sage it's native commands (defined here: http://www.sage.tv/2_papers/SageTVWindowsMessages.txt).

Anyway, if anyone has any better suggestions, please let me know (or if you see an obvious problem with this solution).

Jake

BTW
The older drivers aren't very friendly with the RW2
Does anyone know where I can get the binary for this code change? I'm not really a programmer, but I am also plauged by this RW2 problem.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

SageTV 2.1.10 has a different window class name again (sage.SpecialWindow), but this time the change will be permenant.

I have updated the default settings in the plugin, and built a new version -- version 2.1.0.1...

For existing versions, you only really need to edit your SageTV.ini in the TI plugin directory and modify the line to read:
SageTvWinClass=sage.SpecialWindow

Last edited by nielm; 11-13-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Sage Expert

Any chance you can offer up the source code?

I would like to mod the code for RW2 users that experience the super-fast repeat key problem. Using any of the buttons that the code supports repeat functionality results in unusable keys for RW2 users.

Thanks for any help.

-Brian
Old 11-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
SageTV 2.1.10 has a different window class name again (sage.SimpleWindow), but this time the change will be permenant.

I have updated the default settings in the plugin, and built a new version -- version 2.1.0.1...

For existing versions, you only really need to edit your SageTV.ini in the TI plugin directory and modify the line to read:
SageTvWinClass=sage.SpecialWindow
Hmm, ya got it speeled 2 different ways here...

Anyway, on my client I didn't change it and the remote seems to work just fine with it as sage.t

Wonder if anything really changed at all, or if it just wasn't changed for the client software?
Old 11-12-2004, 12:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the new update for 2.1 nielm
Old 11-13-2004, 02:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Hmm, ya got it speeled 2 different ways here...
d'oh! its Special not Simple...

Quote:
Anyway, on my client I didn't change it and the remote seems to work just fine with it as sage.t

Wonder if anything really changed at all, or if it just wasn't changed for the client software?
perhaps the client is not correctly upgraded (my client and server are both using sage.SpecialWindow)
Old 11-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Oh yeah... I can confirm that the window class definitely changed for the client in 2.1 final.

If yours is working with Sage.t, thewn something is definitely wrong on your install.

Mine specifically would NOT work with Sage.t or Sage.s in 2.1 final (which is to be expected).

Jason Bottjen
Old 11-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

I double checked my client and found that it was (for whatever unknown reason) showing that it was v2.1.19RC6. I have no idea why/how that happened. Will uninstall and do a clean install of the correct v2.1.10. Glad we found this because I hadn't even noticed it. Still, no idea how it got back to the RC6 version though. Oh well.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Sage Expert

ANy news on gettiing source code? I'd like to fix the button problem with RW2...

-Beef
Old 11-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Sage Expert

BUMP

-Beef
Old 11-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

Might want to send NIELM a PM. I know he used to include the source code with the plugin. He obviously does not any more.

I'm sure he would send it to you though if you asked nicely.

Jason
Old 11-16-2004, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake550
ANy news on gettiing source code? I'd like to fix the button problem with RW2...
Source code is in CVS in the sourceforge project (click on a download link in the first post, to get to the SF project, then click CVS)

Last edited by nielm; 11-17-2004 at 03:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Sage Icon

So it is...

Jason
Old 11-17-2004, 08:43 AM
Sage Expert

Man, do I feel stupid.... I should have looked there. I'm used to it being packaged along in the .zip file. D`oh!

Anyhow, would anyone else be interested in a version for the RW2? I'll have to ask NeilM for permission to send anything around....

-Beef
Old 11-18-2004, 02:19 AM

Yes! I would love an update for the RW2, as I have one laying around that I would use if it worked correctly. If you can get permission, that would be great. [=^)