SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
So , for example ... additional Internal Screens can not be added to any of these lists?? (See Attachment) ... Say Weather, IMDB, RSS, Etc.?? Just like View Guide, Music Jukebox, Etc. were programmed in to the plug-in A-F options??

I am probably not asking the question right (sorry, too many late nights & early mornings I guess what I was not really asking for is there a way to do it in the plug-in's current state, but more asking if someone could update the plug-in to add more Internal Screen options to the list that are now available in Sage 4??
I think you are missing how the jumps to those screens are handled... in the files you downloaded, check out the SageTV.ini file -- you will be able to see that it is using event codes for the SageTV commands to go to certain screens and perform other functions. It is not jumping to some menu name in the STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

OK ... My bad ... I got it ...

I saw the SageTV menu names in the plugin and thought that the plugin itself was hard coded to make calls to Internal Screen Names as it appears Dynamic Menus were set up to do ...

I see what you are saying ... though the included menus in the plugin are options, the only ones that can be called in the list are those that have SageTV event code commands.

Too bad ... it would be great to be able to call and internal screen simply by programming a button.

Thanks for the clarification Opus and Nielm!! T.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:24 PM

ATI RemoteWonder + - Help!!!

Right about now I'm feeling dumber than ditchwater. I have an ATI RemoteWonder Plus and am trying to get it to work with my new Plextor TV100 + SageLite system and am having absolutely no luck. Can anyone help get me on the road to success? I'm mired down on the shoulder of that road, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

It looks like 4.1.10 has done something to break the ATI RW plugin

All of my assignable keys are now ignored, and anything that is sage specific seems to be ignored.

Help.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Sage

Send in a bug report on this. More than likely the support we added for the MCE remote broke this. (not that we knew about it)
Old 03-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Send in a bug report on this. More than likely the support we added for the MCE remote broke this. (not that we knew about it)

Thanks. Bug report submitted.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

The following workaround might work (for 4.1.10)
Edit the SageTV.ini file in the ATI RW plugins directory.
Change
SageTvWinClass=sage.SpecialWindow
to
SageTvWinClass=sage.ak
and then restart the ATI RW app...
.. and if you make this fix for 4.1.10, you might have to undo it for 4.1.11

Last edited by nielm; 03-18-2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
SageTvWinClass=sage.ak

That worked!

Thanks
Old 03-31-2006, 02:21 AM
SageTVaholic

This problem is now fixed in SageTV 4.1.11 (Core updates, item 4)
Old 07-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocky
AJ;
I believe there a couple different Girder plugins for the Remote Wonder. One works in conjunction with the ATI software and the other one does not. The later, I believe gives the user complete control over the RW, but you do not retain the mouse movement. There have been work-arounds for this of various types. The work arounds (IMHO) do not provide the same smooth response as the ATI software. You win some and you loose some.
I like the original ATI software myself and that is why I did some reverse engineering. My fix took about 5 minutes to discover what the TV button was doing and about 15 or 20 minutes in VB to write the program.
Here is what I did, if anyone cares. I installed the RW software and fired up one of my favorite utilities. FILEMON from sysinternals.com. I started the ATI driver and fired up filemon. Then I punched the TV button and let filemon do it's magic! In no time at all I could see what the TV button was doing. Once I knew that, the rest was easy! You can use my program for other things too. You just need to be a little creative is all. Take a look at some of the other utilities out there at sysinternals. Some very interesting FREE stuff!
If anyone else has anything that is stumping you RE the RW, give me a yell and I will try and help.
Hocky
that's great

but how do you know what command line parameters or registry keys are used to lauch ATIMMC.exe ?

because FM, TV. TV2, DVD and ATI buttons all launch ATIMMC.exe. Making a visual basic app to lauch the apps i want would be easy. But how do i know how ATI drivers say to ATIMMC.exe which pannel must be launched ?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:04 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaP
that's great

but how do you know what command line parameters or registry keys are used to lauch ATIMMC.exe ?

because FM, TV. TV2, DVD and ATI buttons all launch ATIMMC.exe. Making a visual basic app to lauch the apps i want would be easy. But how do i know how ATI drivers say to ATIMMC.exe which pannel must be launched ?
Sorry for the late reply on this, but I haven't been around much as of late and I just got to a point where I needed to start upgrading my sage system. It was working great, so why fix it?

I don't have any experience with the latest software for the Remote Wonder, so I really can't say. There are a variety of ways to go about hacking through ATI's ATIMMC.exe. I am in the process of updating software and stuff. If I get a chance I will take a look and see what I can see. If ATI is doing anything like the did before, they may be launching the same .exe, but using a different directory structure for each button. The best way to trace this is to use filemon as indicated in one of my earlier posts. In my opinion, filemon and regmon are two of the most usable utilies for figuring out what a program is doing to your system. I hope this helps.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Just an FYI. This plugin will not work if you run sage with Java 1.6 Beta -- Java no longer sets the class name for a window, so it is impossible to tell if it is Sage that is in focus, or if it is any other Java application...

To work around this, change the Window class name in the ini file from:
SageTvWinClass=sage.SpecialWindow
to
SageTvWinClass=SunAwtFrame
Old 03-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Sage User

Is there a way to tell the plugin to work if SageTV isn't in focus? I'm trying to be able to browse the web while watching a show, but unless I click onto SageTV then hit buttons on the remote, it doesn't work at all. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2007, 05:13 PM
SageTVaholic

The code is designed to send commands to Sage only when the Sage window is in focus.

To do something else, you would either have to alter the code, or use an alternative RC app, like Girder.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Sage User

Ati remote won't load?

Hi, I downloaded the ati remote software from their site, but when I installed it, I got an error message that said "error 1904.Module C:\program files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\x10net.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. I've attached the file with the error. I erased and tried again and get the same result. I am using sagetv with a pvr-150 hauppauge card. The wire broke on the hauppauge receiver, so I can't use the hauppage remote. I would love to get this ati wonder remote working. It is the original remote wonder and has the usb receiver.
Thanks
-Tom
Old 03-15-2007, 05:51 AM
Sage User

I had the same problem while trying to instal my remote. It turned out to be a registry permission problem. This link gives details for a fix.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Sage User

Well this blows. I had everything working great thanks to this great plugin under windows Vista. Then windows blew up and I had to reload. Everything was fine, until i tried updating SageTV. Had problems with the new version of sageTV 6.1 and went back to sagetv 6.0.19. Now I am unable to get the plugin controling Sagetv properly at all. None of the sage specific commands work at all.

I have tried the above steps to fix the problem and I dont even have an "sagetv.ini" file all i have is a "sagetv.c" file.

Please help.

EDIT: DOH!!! NVM, as soon as i posted this realized I was using and OLD version of the plugin. Downloaded the last version of the plugin and everything is good again.

Thanks for the great plugin nielm!!!

Last edited by nlancaster; 05-12-2007 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:51 AM
Sage User

How to skip to next song?

Hi

This may be a stupid question, but anyway:

How do I skip to next song in a playlist using the Remote Wonder?

/Ansy
Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

channel up in full screen video/visualisation mode
Old 02-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

6.3.8 broke ATI Remote Wonder support for me

Was running 6.3.5 which worked fine with the last available plugin. When I tried the 6.3.8 beta, remote support broke.

But I figured out the fix to make the ATI RW program recognize SageTV.

Here in the plugin SageTV.ini,

[Config]
;; Class name of sagetv application: used to determine if the app is in focus,
;; and is the target of the sendmessage functions
SageTvAppClass=SageApp
SageClientAppClass=SageClientApp

Change SageClientAppClass=SageClientApp
to SageClientAppClass=sunawtframe