SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Sage User

Thanks Thomas, upgrade would be great as its a really helpful site!

Neil
Old 07-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Well, I started the upgrade yesterday and it is sort of a good news / bad news situation. It is now running the latest version of trac (the good news). Unfortunately, since it was so far out of date I had to upgrade almost all of the software dependencies as well, which ended up taking some doing. It seems like it didn't like Python 2.5 (even though that is now the production release) so I had to downgrade to 2.4 today.

The bad news is that in the middle of upgrading both berkeley db and subversion, the subversion repository upgrade didn't go so well so I've temporarily replaced it with an empty repository. I'll be working on restoring the previous contents as soon as I can.

Additionally, there were about half a million spam tickets so I had to just dump all tickets. I don't think that there were really any real ones in there but if there were, they had to go with the junk.

I'm sure that there are still plenty of problems (I know I'm still getting some warnings in the logs that I need to look at). Let me know if you discover anything else broken.

t
Old 09-04-2007, 03:16 AM
SageTVaholic

As sage-community is very dead at the moment, I have put my stuff on Sourceforge's web server.

I am slowly updating all my links, but for the moment, if you are having problems with a URL of the form:
Code:
www.sage-community.org/~nielm/xxx
replace it with a URL of the form:
Code:
sageplugins.sf.net/xxx
Old 09-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Is the entire content of the SageTV Community site backed up anywhere?

And, if it is, is anyone else interested in hosting it?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:36 AM
SageTVaholic

For users who had accounts there holding images/webspace (me, stanger, a few others) the accounts are still accessible by sshing to vps.atollsw.com (username / port as before), which is how I pulled my data off...

The trac site was auto-backedup (IIRC) to Sage's servers somewhere, but ErsatzToms emails are bouncing (some due to the DNS issues, others due to over-zealous spam filtering)

I have moved all of my wiki stuff to a combination of an alternative (free) trac hosting site for the wiki(*), and to the sourceforge site for the webspace.

http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sageplugins

Anyone who wants to be added to either project can PM me...

(*) yes, I know sf has a wiki now, but it is painfully slow, uses a different wiki markup format to trac, and cannot do bulk-imports from a file.

Regarding alternative hosting, it is something I have thought about (even if it is just a redirect to SF), but the domain name is paid up until next Aug, and the admin contact is Tom, whose emails are bouncing, so no transfers are currently possible.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Niel, would you please rescue the Weather Report Suite page?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:12 AM
SageTVaholic

done

For retrieving pages, you can still reach the old site if you add:
Code:
207.58.130.166  www.sage-community.org
to your /etc/hosts, or C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file...

Also, this google search: site:www.sage-community.org inurl:format=txt can help pull pages out of Google's cache.

Last edited by nielm; 09-06-2007 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:30 AM
SageTVaholic

attached is a wiki-text backup of all wiki pages from the old sage-community site, if anyone wants to use them to recreate their pages on the new one.

(note that some pages may need to be edited as images now need to use the the format:
Code:
[[Image(http://server/path/image.jpg)]]
Attached Files
File Type: zip sage-community-wiki.zip (151.7 KB, 174 views)
Old 09-06-2007, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, Niel!

I see you already ported the WRS page. I used your tip on the hosts file to copy the MyHDNetworkEncoder page (even though I see little reason to use that encoder given the QAM choices people have nowadays).