SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Sage Expert

New Link...

I have hosted the installer on FileFront...

It's free, no limits, etc...

http://files.filefront.com/SageMC+In.../fileinfo.html

I have also updated my signature to reflect the changes so the post on top is accurate again...

Just so folks know, the WIKI does not support files over 10 megs as well...

-Jason
Old 09-29-2006, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Jason,

I know I'm probably already giving you fits with the graphics sets, and it will probably only get worse. So, I have a hair brained idea to run by you. I have no idea if it is even feasible, but here goes.

Would it make sense to separate the installation of SageMC from the installation of the graphics and addons? I was thinking it might be good if the installer just got SageMC up and running with the base package and the latest development build. Then perhaps there could be a separate update wizard (maybe installed with the SageMC packages) to walk the user through selection of graphic sets, etc. It would then install the selected addons for the user. This way, if a user wanted to easily change or update graphics sets or other included addons, they could run the update wizard and not have to go through a complete re-installation of the full SageMC package. It might also be easier for you to maintain. It's just a thought, but I figured I'd put it out there.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hi Jason,

I know I'm probably already giving you fits with the graphics sets, and it will probably only get worse. So, I have a hair brained idea to run by you. I have no idea if it is even feasible, but here goes.

Would it make sense to separate the installation of SageMC from the installation of the graphics and addons? I was thinking it might be good if the installer just got SageMC up and running with the base package and the latest development build. Then perhaps there could be a separate update wizard (maybe installed with the SageMC packages) to walk the user through selection of graphic sets, etc. It would then install the selected addons for the user. This way, if a user wanted to easily change or update graphics sets or other included addons, they could run the update wizard and not have to go through a complete re-installation of the full SageMC package. It might also be easier for you to maintain. It's just a thought, but I figured I'd put it out there.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike-

That's pretty much the way it is set up right now... Try it out and see what you think... It loads the SageMC Base, Dirk's update, Dirk's IR excluder (and any other addons...) and then it does seperate installers for the grpahics addons... With INNO, you can do batch comiles for the installers.

I figured that would make it much easier for the install and still give me the flexability to add and change things later on.

Go ahead... download it and try it out... Let me know your thoughts...

:-)

-Jason
Old 09-29-2006, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh.....sorry. Guess I should do a little fact checking before I go spouting off. I'll check it out. Thanks.

(Now where to find a big rock to hide under....)
Old 09-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
(Now where to find a big rock to hide under....)

A big palm tree won't do?

Just kidding... I'll try and see when I can get to the rest of your graphics packs! Hopefully soon!

Vacation is ending and I still have to muck around with the Wireless MVP...

-Jason
Old 09-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Sage Expert

I just checked and it seems that I can understand why I could not host the file here...

Quote:
952.37 MB of Bandwidth Used for Downloads

...as of this post...

-Jason
Old 10-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Sage Icon

You know, if you are going to go about doing up an installer with all the graphics packs, you're gonna need to make up sample images of all the options, so we can see what they look like .

Because, for the noobs that can't figure out the different options on their own aren't going to have any idea about all the different options.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Sage Icon

This is pretty cool.

How do we corrolate (sp?) between the installer, and what versions of the various components it contains?

I think in the first post, it might be good to have version numbers on the installer, and release notes about what versions of the different packages are included. That way, we know if everything is up to date just by looking at the release notes, versus downloading it, and installing it to find out.

Just an idea.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
This is pretty cool.

How do we corrolate (sp?) between the installer, and what versions of the various components it contains?

I think in the first post, it might be good to have version numbers on the installer, and release notes about what versions of the different packages are included. That way, we know if everything is up to date just by looking at the release notes, versus downloading it, and installing it to find out.

Just an idea.
I agree... the next version should contain versions on the actual installer screen...

-Jason
Old 12-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

How current is this installer? The last post in this thread is older than the most recent version of SageMC.. Just curious? Did the dynamic import ever get working, so that the installer pulls down the most recent versions of the various customizations?
Old 12-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
How current is this installer? The last post in this thread is older than the most recent version of SageMC.. Just curious? Did the dynamic import ever get working, so that the installer pulls down the most recent versions of the various customizations?
It's fairly 'old'...

I have not been very active as of late... Working retail takes it toll...

January 2nd is just around the corner though...

:-)

-Jason