SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Sage User

Album cover art not showing up

Greetings!

I am currently running V 2.2.8 (I know, I'm way behind, but it's stable and I like it that way...).

But...I recently had to reinstall W2K, and hence had to install all my old apps. I backed up my SageTV directory and have Sage running just like it used to. However, 90% of my cover art thumbnails do not show up in the Music Jukebox. A handful do show up, but there's no rhyme/reason to it. All my cover art showed up before the OS reinstallation, which tells me that the files were correctly tagged.

All my music is on a separate HD partition, arranged by artist/album/mp3s. I have tried removing the import directory with in Sage, then exiting and restarting, then adding it back, then refreshing, without success. There are no folder.jpgs in any of the album directories.

Any ideas how to get them back?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Don't know how to get them back...but how about using something like 'mymovies' / Album art fixer or similar software (used in conjunction with win MCE). I think it will redo your files for you....

I am fairly new to this side of Sage (always used it mostly as a PVR)....hope this is helpful to you.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:12 AM
Sage User

This is really annoying.

I've checked several albums from various folders using The Godfather and MP3 Tag Tools, and the mp3s have tags with the proper information, including the cover art. I have followed the steps outlined in various posts here to refresh the music library:

Remove the import directory from the detailed setup menu,
Refresh the media library,
Exit Sage,
Restart Sage,
Add the directory back using the detailed setup menu,
Refresh the media library,
Still no cover art!

What's strange is that when I restart Sage after removing the music directory, all my albums still show up in the music library, just without the cover art (with a few exceptions). I would expect that there would be nothing showing up in the music library since the path to the music directory has been deleted. How would Sage be able to maintain the old music library without a path???

I've read in other threads about remapping the drive to an empty folder and repeating the above steps, but I don't really understand how to remap the music directory to an empty folder.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Administrator

For an older version of SageTV, you may need to set this property get it to release the imported media for a full refresh:

make_all_mediafiles_local=true

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Sage User

Thank you, Opus. It's currently set to false. I'll try it out this afternoon and see if that works.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Sage User

Opus, that did the trick! That also cleared out the old photo libraries. Thank you for your help!