SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:08 AM
Sage Expert

Indoor Amplified Antenna?

Does anyone know a good indoor amplified antenna? I just moved and I use to be able to pull all the HDTV channels with near perfect signal strength in my old house with a non-amped antenna, but the new place puts me about 30 miles between all the towers. A couple channels come in fine but about half don't so well. I was thinking of picking up the Lacrosse amplified outdoor antenna and just use it inside but then I would have a semi big antenna on the floor.

So does anyone have a suggestion on being able to pull singals from 30 miles away? I would say I want to try to go fruther then just 30, really like 40-50 mile range so I get a good signal.

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon
So does anyone have a suggestion on being able to pull singals from 30 miles away?
Get a good outdoor antenna
Old 10-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Sage Expert

Ya but for about 6 months I am in a apartment so I want to avoid having something on the deck or having an outdoor one inside.

I hate apartments.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Have you tried http://www.antennaweb.org ?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

the zenith silver senson is one which many seem to rave over.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Terk has made an antenna very close to the silver sensor. They also made an amplified version that picks up VHF and UHF (the silver sensor only picks up UHF).

I am too 30 miles away and found the silver sensor to work pretty good (88 to 100% signal). It was touch and go sometimes but was amazed I was able to get anything at all.

I just ordered the terk because the Silver Sensor does not work well when split to two cards. I will let you know how it goes if you have not found a solution by then.

The model you are looking for is the Terk HDTVa and can be found at amazon.com. It will run you $40 and $20 or so for the unamplified version
Old 10-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Sage Icon

I"ve used this Terk antenna before for that type of range. It worked well. It was used inside, on top of the TV.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

I went down to Walmart and got a Phillips amplified VHF/UHF (It's square, don't know the model # - on the road ATM) that works fine. I'm not as far away as you, but it has adjustable amplification up to 50db. If it doesn't work...take it back

P