SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Sage User

Version 6 No Signal

Just upgraded from 5.04 (had wireless MVP problems; hoping version 6 will solve). Before I can try the MVP, I need to fix the server.....here is what I am seeing.

Upgraded to version 6 (uninstalled all Java first so Sage could load its preferred version...MVP fix???). Started Sage and let it do its thing. Once it was done with it's internal conversions, I went to watch live TV (that worked). I then typed in a new channel. The existing channel froze, and a display box came up and said "No Signal".

Went to the epg guide screen, and then I saw the new channel (display in a preview box). I then tried to go to full screen, and again the display box saying "No Signal" comes up.

Bear in mind that the previous version of Sage worked OK when watching TV on this computer (so I think the card and signal are OK). Ideas??

Local Sage Machine: NVIDIA nForce 680I LT SLI Motherboard, Intel® Core™2 Quad processor with 8MB cache, 2 GB of PC5400 DDR2, 7.1 channel Integrated audio, gigabit LAN, GeForce 8500GT 512MB PCI-Express video. HDHR and PCI NVidea dual tuner.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

What is the tuner?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Sage User

Tuner is a Haupauge PVR 500 (dual tuner). Purchased from Sage as a bundle.

Running WinXP Pro, all updates
Running Sage installed Java

Local Sage Machine: NVIDIA nForce 680I LT SLI Motherboard, Intel® Core™2 Quad processor with 8MB cache, 2 GB of PC5400 DDR2, 7.1 channel Integrated audio, gigabit LAN, GeForce 8500GT 512MB PCI-Express video. HDHR and PCI NVidea dual tuner.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Sage Icon

Have you rebooted since the install? Might be worth a try...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 10-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Sage User

Rebooted...no luck.

It seems that if I stop the playback (goto the main menu), and then go back and watch live TV, live TV works. but again, whenever I key in a new channel, the "No Signal" box comes up and the TV view locks up, but it does let me "stop playback" and get to the main menu. There, I select watch TV, and THEN, I can watch the new channel I selected.

I tried toggling my tuners (PVR-500) from cable to air and vice versa. No luck. What am I missing?

As a side note, my wireless MVP still hangs at "Loading Application".

I really want to return ALL this stuff, it just doesn't work all that well.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds like a decoder issue. I suggest list more info about your hardware and specific software settings such as decoders and renderer settings (overlay or VMR9). Its best to list them in your forum signature area like alot of people do here.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Sage User

Updated my signature line a bit.....thanks for the suggestion, I will take ANY help I can get.

Under SetUp:Video/Audio I am running the following:
Video Render: Default
MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter: Default
all the rest.... set to default.

I have tried Video Overlay and DirectX9, and all behave the same as default setting (and as described above - no video or audio). The EPG DOES displays the new channel information properly.

Using Haupauge WinTV PVR PCI (23XXX) Tuner 1 & 2. Driver is version:2.0.43.24103, dated 4/13/2006. What is everyone else using for a driver for these cards??

Old 10-03-2006, 08:35 PM
SageTVaholic

The default renderer is VMR7.

Default tells us nothing about what decoder you're using because the default will be the last decoder you installed on your system. You should select the decoder by name in Sage so you can be certain what it is using.

Overlay with the Sage decoder is usually the easiest combination to get working.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Sage

Using the Configuration Wizard section for Video Playback is a good way to get configuration settings that should work. If you're still having problems, post your log file. The beta version automatically generates log files (sagetv_0.txt, etc.).
Old 10-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Sage User

When configuring the Video playback, the Basic, Medium, Standard, and Advanced setting all play video (they pass). Seems promising. Attached is the .txt file.

Sorry that the .txt file is so large. First I deleted it, then started sagetv, then ran through the video configuration wizard (from Basic up to Advanced), then exited and uploaded.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (310.1 KB, 150 views)

Last edited by smarty; 10-03-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:00 AM
Sage Icon

Did you retune the channels under v6? Might be worth a shot.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:33 AM

Problems with 6

I have an issue where as since installing my cpu has maxed out on a process calle sagetvtranscoder.exe so not sure what that is, it is practically impossible to navigate through sage because it is consuming so much cpu, it reports no signal when live tv is eventually selected so I'm not sure whats going on there, I have posted a bug report

I have a hauppauge nova t pci which worked fine (apart from being a bit jerky if recording and watching at the same time but I guess that is a seperate issue) with version 5 (and I have reinstalled version 5 and everything is ok again,) I reinstalled version 6 and had the same problem again so I have once again returned to the working version 5, I was so excited about testing the beta as well, ohhh what a disapointment
Old 10-04-2006, 05:57 AM
Sage Expert

I think the transcoder is used to generate thumbnails and the like, so it may be chugging along in the background going through your videos.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:00 AM
Sage Icon

Don't be too disappointed, that's what a beta is about, working out the bugs.

Did you set a transcode going before it all went haywire (e.g. a Convert To PSP etc.). If so, it still shouldn't eat CPU, it should run at lower than Normal priority. If you look in sage.properties, you should be able to see in transcoder/jobs if it thinks there is a job outstanding.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:04 AM

I'll reinstall when I get back home and then have a look and then report back, Sage5 was installed as standard and I didnt know I had the option to convert things into different files, might look into that, but I can honestly say that it is a default setup so nothing should be enabled that shouldn't be I don't think, I'll let you know later but in the meantime, thanks for the pointer
Old 10-04-2006, 06:09 AM
Sage Icon

If you didn't convert anything then maybe it's like Mark says, and it's indexing, generating thumbnails, etc. Set it up and give it some time to get over the hump before trying to use it or quitting...
Old 10-04-2006, 06:13 AM

I agree and although I didnt know what sagetvtranscoder.exe did, I left it running at the max for 8 hours while I slept but it was still maxing this morning, Do you think I should leave it on longer?
Old 10-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Sage Icon

I would think 8 hours is enough.

Best wait for Sage to respond to the bug report!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty
Just upgraded from 5.04 (had wireless MVP problems; hoping version 6 will solve). Before I can try the MVP, I need to fix the server.....here is what I am seeing.

Upgraded to version 6 (uninstalled all Java first so Sage could load its preferred version...MVP fix???). Started Sage and let it do its thing. Once it was done with it's internal conversions, I went to watch live TV (that worked). I then typed in a new channel. The existing channel froze, and a display box came up and said "No Signal".

Went to the epg guide screen, and then I saw the new channel (display in a preview box). I then tried to go to full screen, and again the display box saying "No Signal" comes up.

Bear in mind that the previous version of Sage worked OK when watching TV on this computer (so I think the card and signal are OK). Ideas??
smarty, bare with me... when in liveTV and video is working are you tuning a channel 13 or lower? and when you get "No Signal" is the channel 14 or higher? from the looks of the log you're tuning channel 14 (if i read it correctly) you problem isn't with sage but your PVR500 setup, when you setup the sources did you specify Cable/Satellite tuning or Broadcast tuning? Broadcast tuning tops at channel 13.

if I'm off just ignore this message.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Sage User

Bug report submitted. Thanks for trying matrix35, I appreciate it.

I went back through the source wizard and removed and then re-set up both tuners. I made sure that I selected TUNE Cable. I think I may have posted an earlier .txt file where I was trying all the other settings just for the off chance thay might work. Anyway, I have attach the proper .txt file now.

Edited for spelling.....
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (171.6 KB, 164 views)