SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hi Tim,

The current version of the screen saver just displays movies in alphabetical order. Of course when I saw your post I thought it sounded like a good idea. So I went ahead and coded up a randomize option for the screen saver. I also added a bit of code to prevent the same movie from being displayed twice in a row (as can happen when they are selected randomly). I sent the changes to Morgan so that he can fold them into his import. It sounded like he is pretty busy right now, so it might take a while to show up here. I just wanted to let you know that this is in the works.

Aloha,
Mike
How's that for service!

Thanks, of course. I hope others find the change useful since you went to the trouble of implementing it.

Tim
Old 06-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Sage Expert

1. Is there a way to expand the range of the search for theaters, or the # of theaters that are returned? I'm in LA where there are tons of movie theaters, but many of them are very small and I'm unlikely to ever go to them. But then there are nice big theaters only 5 or 6 miles away that don't show up on the list, I assume because the program only returns a set number or something?

2. Using this with SageMC, all of the theaters I have checked show up in alphabetical order instead of in the order I've arranged them. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quick question

My friend uses BeyondTV and when he plays a movie off his harddrive through it, a new upcoming movie trailer is downloaded (I don't know from where) and plays prior to the video he's selected. He said he can set it to play a few trailers if he wants. Does this feature exist in SageMC at this point? I'd rather have something like this than a listing of theatres and movies and then checking to see if trailers exist for them.

Thanks!
--Heidi
Old 07-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Sage User

hi guys...can anyone help.

fresh install of sagetv and sagemc16&9. trying to load movietime and the instructions aren't very clear.

I can't find the config.xml files. the zip files does not contain the config.xml or location.xml.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenlas View Post
hi guys...can anyone help.

fresh install of sagetv and sagemc16&9. trying to load movietime and the instructions aren't very clear.

I can't find the config.xml files. the zip files does not contain the config.xml or location.xml.
I just updated the download to include those files as part of the latest MTSA zip. Go ahead and give it another try.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
1. Is there a way to expand the range of the search for theaters, or the # of theaters that are returned? I'm in LA where there are tons of movie theaters, but many of them are very small and I'm unlikely to ever go to them. But then there are nice big theaters only 5 or 6 miles away that don't show up on the list, I assume because the program only returns a set number or something?

2. Using this with SageMC, all of the theaters I have checked show up in alphabetical order instead of in the order I've arranged them. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!
Both of those items are handled from the Java access libraries provided by aperry. You can bring that up in his thread for the default STV. If he does provide an update that addresses those I can merge them into the SageMC import.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hi Tim,

The current version of the screen saver just displays movies in alphabetical order. Of course when I saw your post I thought it sounded like a good idea. So I went ahead and coded up a randomize option for the screen saver. I also added a bit of code to prevent the same movie from being displayed twice in a row (as can happen when they are selected randomly). I sent the changes to Morgan so that he can fold them into his import. It sounded like he is pretty busy right now, so it might take a while to show up here. I just wanted to let you know that this is in the works.

Aloha,
Mike
Update. Thank you to Mike for the changes. I had merged the changes into the import but had some problems after the import ran. Anyway, it was side tracked for a while but I am getting back to it and should have a new import available soon.

Morgan
Old 07-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Sage User

thank you for the quick fix...

one more question..

what is quiet.exe for?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenlas View Post
thank you for the quick fix...

one more question..

what is quiet.exe for?
quiet.exe runs mtsa silently without a command window popping up...
Old 07-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Sage Icon

Trouble getting this working....

I've read through the whole thread, but none of the remedies seem to work... though it is getting late...

The issue is that I when I select Movie Times from main menu, I still only see Configure and Back

I have installed according to the instructions in the PDF file. I think.

I am installing entirely on a client machine.

The configuration option worked fine in sage.

The theaters are showing up fine.

Running the MTSA seems to have completed fine and all of the poster and trailer files are where I expect them to be c:\MovieTimes\ and these locations seem to match the config files...

Oh well, I'm going to be now... I'll try redoing it all tomorrow.

Last edited by briands; 07-20-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
I've read through the whole thread, but none of the remedies seem to work... though it is getting late...

The issue is that I when I select Movie Times from main menu, I still only see Configure and Back

I have installed according to the instructions in the PDF file. I think.

I am installing entirely on a client machine.

The configuration option worked fine in sage.

The theaters are showing up fine.

Running the MTSA seems to have completed fine and all of the poster and trailer files are where I expect them to be c:\MovieTimes\ and these locations seem to match the config files...

Oh well, I'm going to be now... I'll try redoing it all tomorrow.
Are you sharing out the Movietimes folder from the Sage server? If you are in your sage client properties you need to configure the path to the configuration file as a UNC path such as aperry/MtsaConfigFile=\\\\sageserver\\Movietimes\\config.xml
You would need to do this for each client.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Are you sharing out the Movietimes folder from the Sage server? If you are in your sage client properties you need to configure the path to the configuration file as a UNC path such as aperry/MtsaConfigFile=\\\\sageserver\\Movietimes\\config.xml
You would need to do this for each client.

Gerry
I have everything set up on the client, not the server. I'll try moving it over.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have everything set up on the client, not the server. I'll try moving it over.
That's the point. When it looks for a config file and you browse for it you are browsing on the server. You should be able to just define a local path in the properties file and be good with that. So you don't HAVE to move it to the server. But if you want to add another client to have access to it it is easier to duplicate it if you already have it set on the server. Or setup with a shared directory somewhere. To me it made sense to set it up on the server and point my 5 clients there. The server is always on & up.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

Got it going... by setting it up on the server and pointing the client there.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Sage Icon

Feature request...

I don't go to the movies much and instead wait until they come on DVD, is there a way to automatically move (rather than delete) the trailers and poster after they are no longer active as a reminder of things to buy or rent?

Just a thought.

I guess it may work to add the trailers folder as an imported video folder, but then there would be no poster art to go with it... can the poster and trailer folder be the same?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't go to the movies much and instead wait until they come on DVD, is there a way to automatically move (rather than delete) the trailers and poster after they are no longer active as a reminder of things to buy or rent?

Just a thought.

I guess it may work to add the trailers folder as an imported video folder, but then there would be no poster art to go with it... can the poster and trailer folder be the same?
You could use something like Syncback to back up the trailers folder and the cover art to a different location (even to the same folder). It can be scheduled however you like. When a new trailer shows up, it would just be duplicated in the new location. Set up the backup location as a video library import folder and I would guess you should be good to go.

Hmmm....Maybe then an STVi import could be written to play a randomly selected trailer or two before a movie (maybe even of the same genre to keep it relevant). That could be interesting.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
I'm having a difficult time with importing this feature in the newest Sage RC running SageMC. My menus are stacked one on another, making it impossible to navigate or setup - any idea why?

Thanks,
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Haven't been able to figure this on out yet - I can operate some of the plugin fine, but on the Configuration screen, all of the left-hand menus are on top of each other, and using the up and down arrows doesn't change the selection. Any ideas?
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT View Post
Haven't been able to figure this on out yet - I can operate some of the plugin fine, but on the Configuration screen, all of the left-hand menus are on top of each other, and using the up and down arrows doesn't change the selection. Any ideas?
Go into the options specific to SageMC and make sure you define a background image jpg. Browse to the one you're using in the Images folder which is usually background.jpg. That should fix your issue.

Gerry
Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Sage User

Config menu doesn't display properly

I still have problems with the config menus stacking up on each other in the corner which makes it impossible to configure. I saw the post about specifically setting your background, but that didn't seem to help. I have java 1.6 installed. I have tried starting from scratch and it still didn't work. I am not sure what I am missing. Any ideas? I am running on a 64bit Vista box and this install is on the Sage server.