SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Arrow STV Import: SageMC MovieTimes Movie Listings v0.64b 5/30/08

This STV import takes the incredible MovieTimes STV Import created by aperry and provides a STV import that is customized for the SageMC based STV. The download zip here contains aperry's download with all of the support files but with an update MTSA movie info download program and the original MovieTimes.stvi replaced by MovieTimes_SageMC.xml. This xml file is now re-importable. You can load the newer version of the import file even if you have an older version installed.

Discussion and help with the basic configuration and setup can be found in aperry's import thread here

The full download, instructions and screenshots can be found here.

History

v0.55 - 6/18/2006
first version
(modification of the aperry 0.55 stvi)

v0.55b - 6/21/2006
  • Upated the spacing and shadow in ratiings section of movie details page to prevent overlapping into lower display area.
v0.55b mod - 9/24/2006 (updated by Flachbar)
  • Modify navigation on movie list to take you to Movie Details screen instead of Theater Selection Menu.
v0.55b mod 2 - 9/28/2006 (updated by Flachbar)
  • Modify navigation on Movie Details screen to pop up movie selection box when selecting movie times.
v0.57 - 10/2/2006
  • Repackage import into re-importable xml file.
  • Clean-up theme links and correct other Movie Times themes to make them more SageMC compliant. (this also fixes TV preview window display when active).
  • Fix showtimes not displaying when movie is selected from list for a specific theater.
v0.60 - 11/3/2006
  • Include updated MTSA listing and trailer download program that has improved trailer downloading (4.2.2 10/22/06).
  • Fix movie details disappearing after viewing trailers.
  • Use Sage built in player for trailers when running under Sage 6.0+. External selection will only be used for Sage V5.
  • Can now play trailers on the MVP with using the Sage player in 6.0.
  • Add option to play trailer from Movie list page by pressing Info button.
  • Only show border around movie details/schedule if area has focus.
  • Remove use of some custom themes.
v0.60a - 11/5/2006
  • Add option to disable use of internal Sage media player when running in Sage V6. The internal player has troubles playing the Quicktime trailer files on some PC configurations.
v0.60b - 11/7/2006
  • Fixed incompatability with SageTV 5.x by removing one incompatible xml line added by the SageTV 6.0 Studio.
v0.61b - 1/6/2007
  • Included MeInMaui's slick new screensaver feature. Thanks Mike!
  • Fix problem where using remote back button on Movie Details screen would take to list of movies for a specific theater and not all theaters.
  • Prevent garbage when selecting Options/Escape key on configuration screen.
  • Update listeners on screensaver screen to react to mouse click or any keyboard/remote input (0.61a).
  • Fixed problem when re-importing screensaver code (0.61b).
v0.62 - 1/25/2007
  • Take care of issues causing slow import of file.
  • Merged in MeInMaui's reorganized screensaver. Should now be able to reliably cancel screensaver operation.
v0.62a - 4/3/2007
  • Include new MTSA data grabber (MTSA525b) from the KeyMaster that handles the change in movie data website. Now movie descriptions are available again.
v0.63 - 4/19/2007
  • Merge in MeInMaui's R-Rating filter for screensaver.
  • Add filter to inhibit selection of R Rated movies from movie list.
  • Display title of currently highlighted movie at top of movie list page. If movie selection is inhibited by R filter, an asterisk will be displays at end of title.
  • Remove version number from import file name.
v0.64 - 10/8/2007 v0.64a - 4/10/2008
  • Update import file with version Dirk created to be compatible with new SageMC 6.3.4 theme updates.
  • 0.64a Update import file to be compatible with SageMC 6.3.7+ theme updates.
  • 0.64a Remove df_sageutils.jar file to prevent conflict with version now included with SageMC STV files.
v0.64b - 5/30/2008
  • Update MTSA to 4.3.2 which includes updates by Keymaster to handle changes to the trailer sites and improved gathering of movie data.

If you experience trouble playing the trailers with SageTV 6, then change the setting under Movie Theater Times->Configure->Trailer Config->Enable internal Sage player

If updating an existing installation and already have the latest MTSA program from the key master, just unzip the attached import file and load the import.

Adding Movie Times to Main Menu
Option 1

To add it to the SageMC MyMenu page without using studio, here are some easy instructions I modified from flachbar on adding it to My Menu.
  • enable My Menu in the main menu options menu (ESC on keyboard)
  • go to My Menu
  • you'll get an error screen, but just ignore it
  • bring up the options menu
  • Add new menu item
  • Internal screen
  • scroll down to "Movie Times Main"' and select it
  • enter a name for the menu
  • bring up options menu again, select 'save menu def file'
  • bring up options menu again, select 're-read menu def file'
  • now you should have a menu item which will open up the Movie Times screen

The other option is to go into
Settings->Detailed Setup->Advanced->Sage 16X9 Options->Menus
and specify "Movie Times Main" for one of the Custom Menu Screens. You must enable the Dynamic Menus at the top of that page

This 2nd option is not available under the original mlbdude SageMC STV.

Movie Times Screensaver
MeInMau developed this screensaver that displays movie posters and details one after another when enabled. The layout alternates when displaying each movie. THIS FEATURE IS ONLY AVAILABLE WHEN USED WITH SAGEMC v6.3.1 or later!

To use:
  • Enable Screen Saver On Sleep from Detailed Setup->General screen.
  • Select Move Times Screensaver for Screensaver Style from SageMC Options->Main screen.
  • Customize Movie Times screensaver details as desired under SageMC Options->Extras screen.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip MovieTimes-import_064a.zip (44.6 KB, 1159 views)
File Type: zip mtsa_4.3.2.zip (63.5 KB, 963 views)

Last edited by Morgan111; 05-30-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:21 AM
Sage Icon

Now we just need it re-written so that trailers play with SageTVPlayer.exe inside v6!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Yes, it should be able to play natively now. I've been a little nervous to upgrade my PCs to the new Sage but will probably try it in the next day or so and then look into playing it through Sage. We should be able to check the Sage version and automatically play it internally. Will let you know!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:02 AM
Sage Icon

Excellent news! Last night I forced the player to be SageTVPlayer.exe, and then tried to launch a trailer. I got sound but no video, and its probably because I run with FSE turned on. But it might also have something to do with the fact that I did this from my client machine, and the player was selected from the server machine (still have that whole client/server issue with this plugin), which I am hoping that the built in player will correct. If I understand how its working, the client machine should be able to handle the playback on its own and just grab the target trailer from the server.

Last edited by Kirby; 10-04-2006 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Excellent news! Last night I forced the player to be SageTVPlayer.exe, and then tried to launch a trailer. I got sound but no audio, and its probably because I run with FSE turned on. But it might also have something to do with the fact that I did this from my client machine, and the player was selected from the server machine (still have that whole client/server issue with this plugin), which I am hoping that the built in player will correct. If I understand how its working, the client machine should be able to handle the playback on its own and just grab the target trailer from the server.
I don't see what your problem is...
Old 10-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Sage Icon

Heh, video...no video.

And in my defense, that post was made with only 1/2 cup of coffee in me, so you're lucky its even in english!

Last edited by Kirby; 10-04-2006 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Here's an idea, is there a way to utilize the Google Video Movie Trailers with this? I know on my setup, there are about 18 movies showing in the area, but only 5 had trailers. I dont know why that is, but most that dont have trailers through MTSA.EXE do seem to have them on Google Video. Wonder if there is a way to integrate that to make up for the missing trailers?
Old 11-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

New Update!

v0.60 - 11/3/2006
  • Include updated MTSA listing and trailer download program that has improved trailer downloading (4.2.2 10/22/06).
  • Fix movie details disappearing after viewing trailers.
  • Use Sage built in player for trailers when running under Sage 6.0+. External selection will only be used for Sage V5.
  • Can now play trailers on the MVP with using the Sage player in 6.0.
  • Add option to play trailer from Movie list page by pressing Info button.
  • Only show border around movie details/schedule if area has focus.
  • Remove use of some custom themes.

I like using the internal Sage player. It will automatically be used if you are running Sage 6. Otherwise it uses the external player as configured.

Last edited by Morgan111; 11-05-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

I tried this out tonight and it worked beatifully. Thanks for making the SageMC version of this. The trailers playing will be a huge WAF boost (and I need it, after missing a bunch of recordings because MCE decided to re-enable its receiver and scheduler services and thus lockup half of my tuners).

Very nicely done!
Old 11-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Sage User

Thanx,

works nicely ...especially on my MVP
Old 11-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hey! I didn't even think about that little side bonus!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, once again, another thread I find a month later...

I'm interested in using the internal SageTV player. How does one go about doing that, if it's always been setup with Mplayer? Do I just select SageTVPlayer as the new player?

Okay, figured out how to do that. What options would one with a 1080p TV want to include? Currently, I've just got "-fs", but I thought I remember someone setting a monitor aspect ratio like 16x9...

Last edited by geogecko; 11-05-2006 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Geo, with this new import, it will automatically use the built in player if you are running Sage 6. The configuration for the player executable and player options are ignored. It will play the trailers like any imported video.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Geo, with this new import, it will automatically use the built in player if you are running Sage 6. The configuration for the player executable and player options are ignored. It will play the trailers like any imported video.
Ok, I see. I got a playback error when I tried to play a trailer...could be that I just need to restart SageTV, but I had a recording going last night. Usually, that seems to fix most playback errors I've had...

Once I see this work, I'll probably uninstall Mplayer...just one less thing I have to keep up with.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Sage Fanatic

Ya know, I have a problem playing trailers on another client. I see the time bar and it acts like it is playing the trailer, but there is no picture or sound during playback. I see the same thing if I copy any of the trailers to the local drive and try to play them with the My Videos->Play Other File command. On another PC it had no problem.

Don't know why the internal player has a problem playing the quicktime files on one but not the other. I'll have to figure out what is setup differently or compare the logs..
Old 11-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Sage Icon

My problem doesn't even act like it's playing. Just stops all together.

On another note, we don't have to have the trailer directory specified as an import directory, do we?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

SageMC MovieTimes Movie Listings v0.60a

v0.60a - 11/5/2006
  • Add option to disable use of internal Sage media player when running in Sage V6. The internal player has troubles playing the Quicktime trailer files on some PC configurations.

If you experience trouble playing the trailers with SageTV 6, then change the setting under Movie Theater Times->Configure->Trailer Config->Enable internal Sage player.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
My problem doesn't even act like it's playing. Just stops all together.

On another note, we don't have to have the trailer directory specified as an import directory, do we?
You can run the updated import at the top of the thread and change the configuration to keep using the external player for now...
Old 11-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Sage Icon

Is this working well for people on a client install? I know when I first tried it a while back I had a hell of a time setting it up and making things work (and never did fully).
Old 11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Is this working well for people on a client install? I know when I first tried it a while back I had a hell of a time setting it up and making things work (and never did fully).
I remember having troubles setting up the configuration back early days of the original import. The client installation problems I believe are covered somewhat in aperry's MovieTimes thread. I have two clients working well with it.