SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you add the menu item Movietimes to your menu? In SageMC right-click or alt-O on the menu screen where you want to add it. Choose Main Menu Options. Go to New and slide over to New Internal Screen. Scroll down to Movietime Main and select it. Type in what you want to call it. (MovieTimes) Now click OK. Go to File and slide over to Save Menu file. It is now on a menu and you can choose it. You can left-click or Alt-O on that menu and move it up or down in the menu order. Don't forget to save it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Did you add the menu item Movietimes to your menu? In SageMC right-click or alt-O on the menu screen where you want to add it. Choose Main Menu Options. Go to New and slide over to New Internal Screen. Scroll down to Movietime Main and select it. Type in what you want to call it. (MovieTimes) Now click OK. Go to File and slide over to Save Menu file. It is now on a menu and you can choose it. You can left-click or Alt-O on that menu and move it up or down in the menu order. Don't forget to save it.

Gerry
Ok, I think the problem was that I added the menu file before configuring everyhting. I just added it again and now it works, but I can't play trailers, I don't think it is downloading them actually, think it is just downloading the jpg files.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Keep getting an error in the log, it doesn't find and download trailers, anyone else experiencing this? "........... Found existing media: Marley and Me.jpg
[MediaLibrary] Search complete.

[AppleTrailers] Searching for trailers ...
"Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi"
[Not Found]
[AppleTrailers] Completed.

[MovieListTrailers] Searching for trailers ...
"Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi"
[Not Found]
[MovieListTrailers] Completed.

[MediaLibrary] Searching for non-referenced media in "E:\movieTimes files\trailers\"

[MediaLibrary] Searching for non-referenced media in "E:\movieTimes files\trailers\"

[MediaLibrary] Exporting Media Library XML to "E:\movieTimes files\moviedata.xml"
[MediaLibrary] Exporting Media Library XML Schema to "E:\movieTimes files\moviedata.xsd"

Completed."
Old 12-15-2008, 05:58 PM
SageTVaholic

There may be issues. It only downloads about 6 movies for me. The week before I had over a dozen.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Mine seems to be downloading everything. I just deleted all trailors and will see if it gets everything. What quality are you using? If using an HD qulity try changing to "High" and see if that changes anything.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

I actually had it set at HD1080. I had it set to high the other day. I'm going to delete everything (posters & trailers) to see what I get.

Gerry
Old 12-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'll say it again-You NEED to run it as a user WITH a password and admin privileges.
As you can see it won't run as a user without a password. Create another user, add it to the Administrator group and give it a password. (Some people will also run the service as Administrator if it has a password.)

Gerry
(...running vista...) I can double click the exe file and it will run fine. I try running it through the task manager (and yes, I am an admin with a password), nothing happens except the task scheduler says it successfully ran.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 12-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I actually had it set at HD1080. I had it set to high the other day. I'm going to delete everything (posters & trailers) to see what I get. Gerry
How did you make out? Everything is running fine but I have no trailers downloaded, just.jpgs.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999 View Post
(...running vista...) I can double click the exe file and it will run fine. I try running it through the task manager (and yes, I am an admin with a password), nothing happens except the task scheduler says it successfully ran.
Look back in this thread one page.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=251
Old 12-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am getting what appears to be lag when watching the trailers. My profile is set to 1080, but I am using a powerline ethernet network with supposedly many times over capability. How would I know what is causing the lag - the ability of the computer to spit out the file fast enough, the network connection, or the HD200 to play it back???

Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
I didn't see that post, I'll try that out tonight. Thanks.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGk View Post
How did you make out? Everything is running fine but I have no trailers downloaded, just.jpgs.
So I deleted all the posters and the trailers and reset the config for High. (Not HD1080 or HD720) I got 18 trailers downloaded. So it's working for me.

Gerry

Last edited by gplasky; 12-19-2008 at 05:00 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
So I deleted all the posters and the trailers and reset the config for High. (Not HD1080 or HD720) I got 18 trailers downloaded. So it's working for me.

Gerry
Can you post your config file so I can copy some settings from it?
Old 12-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

It looks like I get everything for HD480 but it has trouble getting some movies when HD720 or HD1080 are selected. I believe it should check for the next lower quality when it fails. I check with the keymaster to see if there is something amiss now.

Here is my config file that works fine:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<ConfigurationSettings>
	<LocationFile>\\htpc-srv\MovieTimes$\locations.xml</LocationFile>
	<!-- Enter the file location where you want to store the location information. -->
	<LogFile>\\htpc-srv\MovieTimes$\Media\log.txt</LogFile>
	<!-- Enter the file location where you want to store the log file. -->
	<TempFolder>\\htpc-srv\MovieTimes$\Media\Temp\</TempFolder>
	<!-- Enter the folder location where you want to store temporary files. -->
	<NumberOfDays>7</NumberOfDays>
	<!-- Enter how many days into the future you would like movie listings for. Note that some countries do not support this setting. -->
	<DownloadExtraDetails>True</DownloadExtraDetails>
	<!-- Choose whether or not you would like to download extra movie information from IMDB.com. -->
	<!-- Values: True False -->
	<PosterFolder>\\htpc-srv\MovieTimes$\Media\Temp</PosterFolder>
	<!-- Enter the folder location where you want to store movie posters. -->
	<PosterQuality>High</PosterQuality>
	<!-- Choose whether or not to download higher quality (but larger in size) movie posters, lower quality posters, or none at all. -->
	<!-- Values: High Low None -->
	<TrailerFolder>\\htpc-srv\MovieTimes$\Media\Trailers\</TrailerFolder>
	<!-- Enter the folder location where you want to store movie trailers. -->
	<TrailerQuality>HD480</TrailerQuality>
	<!-- Choose whether or not to download higher quality (but larger in size) movie trailers, lower quality trailers, streaming (links only), or none at all. -->
	<!-- Values: HD1080 HD720 HD480 High StreamHigh Medium StreamMedium Low StreamLow None -->
	<RemoveOldMedia>True</RemoveOldMedia>
	<!-- Choose whether or not you want to automatically delete old (non-referenced) posters and trailers. -->
	<XmlDataFile>\\htpc-srv\MovieTimes$\Media\moviedata.xml</XmlDataFile>
	<XmlSchemaDataFile>\\htpc-srv\MovieTimes$\Media\moviedata.xsd</XmlSchemaDataFile>
	<!-- Enter the file locations where you want to store the XML movie data and the associated XML Schema file. -->
</ConfigurationSettings>
Old 12-20-2008, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Mine also

This is currently working in High mode.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
<ConfigurationSettings>
	<LocationFile>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\locations.xml</LocationFile>
	<!-- Enter the file location where you want to store the location information. -->
	<LogFile>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\log.txt</LogFile>
	<TempFolder>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\Temp\</TempFolder>
	<!-- Enter how many days into the future you would like movie listings for. Note that some countries do not support this setting. -->
	<!-- Choose whether or not you would like to download extra movie information from IMDB.com. -->
	<PosterFolder>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\Poster\</PosterFolder>
	<!-- Choose whether or not to download higher quality (but larger in size) movie posters, lower quality posters, or none at all. -->
	<TrailerFolder>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\Trailers\</TrailerFolder>
	<TrailerQuality>High</TrailerQuality>
	<!-- Choose whether or not to download higher quality (but larger in size) movie trailers, lower quality trailers, streaming (links only), or none at all. -->
	<!-- Values: HD1080 HD720 HD480 High StreamHigh Medium StreamMedium Low StreamLow None -->
	<!-- Choose whether or not you want to automatically delete old (non-referenced) posters and trailers. -->
	<XmlDataFile>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\moviedata.xml</XmlDataFile>
	<XmlSchemaDataFile>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\moviedata.xsd</XmlSchemaDataFile>
	<!-- Enter the file locations where you want to store the XML movie data and the associated XML Schema file. -->
Gerry
Old 12-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
This is currently working in High mode.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
<ConfigurationSettings>
	<LocationFile>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\locations.xml</LocationFile>
	<LogFile>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\log.txt</LogFile>
	<TempFolder>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\Temp\</TempFolder>
	<PosterFolder>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\Poster\</PosterFolder>
	<TrailerFolder>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\Trailers\</TrailerFolder>
	<TrailerQuality>High</TrailerQuality>
	<XmlDataFile>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\moviedata.xml</XmlDataFile>
	<XmlSchemaDataFile>\\MAIN\MovieTimes\Media\moviedata.xsd</XmlSchemaDataFile>
Gerry
Turns out that mine was set to high after all. I don't know why it isn't downloading trailers for me?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I cannot play any trailers through Sage. I'm using SageMC (latest) and have the latest movie times. The files are all downloaded (.MOV files) and I can see them and play them through windows. When I double click them in windows, windows doesn't know what to use to play. If I choose PowerDVD, they play just fine.

Sage gives the choice to play the trailer for the movie, but when I click "play trailer" all I get is the circle of death. The machine hangs. If I ctrl-alt-delete, I see that one of the cores (processor) is pegged at 100% (shows a 50% total load). The machine will sit there until I stop the sage process from running.

Any ideas? Movie times works a few months ago. I've not tried it until recently, and now have this problem.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Has anybody had trouble getting the plugin to find their zipcode? When I put mine in it won't find anything. I must be doing something wrong.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

I still can't play MOV files.....it just hangs Sage....anyone with an idea?
Old 02-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can anyone run their "mtsa config.xml" or their scheduled task to see if this runs? I'm not able to get even the stand along version working right now, and I can't help but wonder if it's not a firewall issue on my side....

[MediaLibrary] Searching for non-referenced media in "C:\MTSA\Media\Posters\"
Media library empty! Search aborted.

[MediaLibrary] Searching for non-referenced media in "C:\MTSA\Media\Trailers\"
Media library empty! Search aborted.