SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by walts81
So every time the service restarts, it's going to take forever? That doesn't make any sense. I can understand it needing to take a while the first time. But it has already started successfully once. So it shouldn't be necessary to take that long on subsequent restarts.

- Josh
No, you are right. Its not right. All I'm saying that the system does not freeze so it will eventually come to live. And i've understood that there's a fix on its way. Last time a new beta came out almost every week. So again lets be patient.

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 10-05-2006, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad
No, you are right. Its not right. All I'm saying that the system does not freeze so it will eventually come to live. And i've understood that there's a fix on its way. Last time a new beta came out almost every week. So again lets be patient.

rtengvad
Depending on the problem, my problem does freeze Sage up when trying to start the service.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
As was mentioned above, the first time you run v6, it might take longer than usual. This is happening because it is updating its database for some of the new features. That may be what you are experiencing.

- Andy
Does the service not take the seeker/music_library_import_filename_extensions from SageTV.properties into account?

I changed it to ignore the .flac, but it did not solve the problem, so I moved all the flac files (including the ones that were not causing any problems).
Old 10-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Simliar Problem

I notice I cannot run Service anymore. If I run it, there is no background to menus, they over write eachother (no refresh) no pictures in my Photos, no recordings in my Recording directory. I cannot use the Sage server front end since the screens just keep over lapping.

When I disable Service all is fine. Photos are back, screens re-write, recordings are showing.

HELP!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Administrator

In SageClient.properties, delete the ui/background_image property & make sure the STV property is set to use SageTV3.XML.

It sounds like perhaps you've enabled the hidden extras & the background image in the properties file doesn't exist.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I did fix it. The 2 suggestions did not work, but you were right, I had hidden on. Turned it off and all is well. I guess it is a no no to use the hidden secrets with 6.0
Old 10-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Administrator

The hidden features work quite well -- I've added new ones and I use them all the time.

Did you close SageTV before editing the client properties file? I'm guessing not, since I'm now fairly convinced that would have fixed your background issue.

If you don't want to close SageTV, then you can go to Detailed Setup -> Customize, then scroll all the way down to "Set Background Image". You could probably do that w/o a background w/o too much trouble, then choose your backgorund image from the dialog.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

A follow up. It seems, on my computers anyway, that whenever I puchin the code, the default background is none. I then must "scrape" thru a bunch of overlays to get to setup and choose background.jpg. This happens in my clients and PS.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:16 AM
Sage Icon

My problem with the Sage Service pegging out the processor on startup when processing specific .flac files has been fixed in beta 6.0.12

Thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
I think this problem is back. Ever since I installed Beta 6.0.15 my SageTV Service is experiencing the same symptoms noted here. I just installed 6.0.16 RC1 last night and the problem still exists. I have not however had the patience to wait forever to have the service startup if it ever would.

I plan on going home at lunch and firing it up and hopefully when I get home from work it will have started up and then I will shut it down and investigate the start log.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
Ok here 's my update. At Lunch I went home and powered my PC up and let the Sagetv Service startup automatically at boot up. My PC pretty much stopped responding immediately. Finally after 30 minutes the SageTV Service started and everything appeared to be fine. What I don't understand is if I disable and stop the Sage Service and then reboot my PC and then manually enable and start the service everything works sfine. It's appears to be a timing issue at startup. In the attached document you'll see that at exactly 12:31:15.922 my PC stops responding and finally at 13:02:36.328 approx. 30 minutes later everthing starts again and Sage Service initialization completes and my PC frees itself up.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue running either 6.0.15 or 6.0.16 RC1?
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (272.9 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by iceman; 12-07-2006 at 09:46 PM.