SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Updating mlbdude Original SageMC to Sage V6

I've been using Sage ever since V2 Beta in late 2004. My super-duper PII 450 has been chugging away 24/7 for almost 3 years now! I use to be very active on this board until 2 kids popped out of my wife and my spare-time just vanished!

I have been using mlbdude's SageMC since he created it and have never updated to the flachbar? version. I am only using a couple of weather plugins (WRS) and a newsreader from nielm as add-ins.

Can I upgrade (happily giving Sage $30) to Sage V6 and upgrade to the latest SageMC? Is there anything I should do? Any upgrade paths I should follow (upgrade Sage to V6 first then SageMC? etc)?

Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 10-05-2006, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

First copy your existing Sage installation somewhere else for safe keeping.
Then try updating the existing installation with Sage 6. Then test the bejeezers out of it. If everything is good then since you already have the original SageMC just get the latest flachbar.

If you have issues.
Then uninstall everything. Blow away the directory and do a clean install of Sage 6 and get your tuners and everything working and tested. Once you're OK and tested shut Sage down completely and copy in your wiz.bin from the directory you copied out. Now you should have all of your history, favorties, etc. Since it is a clean install you will need to install the original SageMC and then flachbar. (Or check out the installer Jason built-maybe that's all you need for a clean install.)

Hopefully this makes some sense.
My own 2 cents. No warranty expressed or implied.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Sage Fanatic

There is likely to be an issue when using the mlbdude version of SageMC with Save v6 at least due to a requirement of v6 on how to handle screen refresh operations under certain conditions. Flachbar has already made accomodations for this in his latest release, and so far there is no apparent hitches when running under v6.

Where mlbdude left off was great , but Flachbar has dedicated himself to doing some incredible improvements, and enhancements that make it incredible! You can have it setup to operate pretty much as you have the mlbdude version now, but it is pretty easy to turn on or configure other features as well.

If you have the last mlbdude STV installed you should easily be able to just follow Flachbars installation instructions to upgrade it. After then running the new v6 installation you can then go back and select the SageMC xml file that was used before the v6 upgrade. I would make a full copy or zip of your entire Program Files\SageTv directory path before upgrading (just in case).

Morgan