SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Sage User

AVI files no longer playing

I just upgraded to 6.0b11 on my windows box in order to start beta testing the Mac client. Unfortunately now none of my "imported" AVI files will play. They worked correctly before, but now I get sound but only a blank (black) screen.

The confusing part is that the UI functions correctly (ie. the volume and progress bar elements appear and disappear normally), but no video. OTHER files types seem to work properly (WMV, the native MP2), and AVIs DO play properly in VLC.

What happened between 5.x and 6? Any ideas?
Old 10-05-2006, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkoperwhats
I just upgraded to 6.0b11 on my windows box in order to start beta testing the Mac client. Unfortunately now none of my "imported" AVI files will play. They worked correctly before, but now I get sound but only a blank (black) screen.

The confusing part is that the UI functions correctly (ie. the volume and progress bar elements appear and disappear normally), but no video. OTHER files types seem to work properly (WMV, the native MP2), and AVIs DO play properly in VLC.

What happened between 5.x and 6? Any ideas?
When I had this issue, it turned out that the decoder Sage was using seemed to have caused the problem. I uninstalled Divx and installed an XVid decoder. Then my files played. You might try reinstalling your decoder.

This was on the server and a windows client.

HIH

B
Old 10-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Sage

Try enabling color keying in Detailed Setup->Advanced if you haven't already. Also try using the VMR9 renderer.

Settings this property will also fix the problem (but then requires you to have the proper decoders installed):
mplayer/use_for_all_mpeg4_playback=false
Old 10-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Sage User

Either the color keying or the VRM9 decoder seems to have fixed the problem (both were disabled, now both are enabled). Thanks.

QuickTime movies still won't play, but I haven't tried working on that problem just yet.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Sage User

FWIW: I had the same problem in v6.0.13 and fixed it the same way:
- Uninstalled my XVID decoder (old version from 2002...)
- Downloaded new XVID (v1.1)
- Shutdown Sage
- Installed new XVID
- Startup Sage
- Thar she blows!

BTW, I'm using Overlay, w/Color Keying enabled (fixes Google videos) and the following MPlayer settings in Sage.Properties:

extra_mplayer_args=-afm hwac3
mplayer/audio_renderer=win32
mplayer/color_key=65552
mplayer/enable_video_postprocessing=false
mplayer/use_for_all_mpeg4_playback=false
mplayer_debug=false

Works like 10 of 'em, with no jittery video (like w/v4 on my system - a little Via M10000)

-RenHoek