SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

So far so good! Thanks Bob for the quick response, I got lost trying to find the file type stuff in Studio.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
New version 0.4.2 uploaded. This should allow any video file that can be displayed in these menus to also show the comskip bar correctly as well. If you have problems let me know as I don't have any .ts files to test with. I removed the check for extension type and changed the way it generates the file name for the comskip files. This was done so that the media file extension no longer matters.

BobP.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Bob,

1 Question I notice that when you sort the Recordings say by Original airdate it also sorts the Archives the same way. In the original Malore menus I believe you can sort the Archive and regular recordings inedependently of one another.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
Bob,

1 Question I notice that when you sort the Recordings say by Original airdate it also sorts the Archives the same way. In the original Malore menus I believe you can sort the Archive and regular recordings inedependently of one another.
In theory there should be no difference because I only made visual changes to make it match SageMC better. However I used the Malore Menus from Version 5.0.4 for this so that may be the difference. I'll try to look at it this weekend.

BobP.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Bob,

I don't see an option to sort independently. I do see an option to turn off the display of archived recordings but that option exists in my plugin. I did discover a problem with the options menu however. Some of the items work fine and display the text when highlighted and some don't when used with SageMC 6.3.2c so I will work on fixing this. However unless you can show me where the default STV is able to sort independently I'm not going to be able to fix it I'm afraid - sorry.

BobP.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Bob,

Attached are some snapshots. Using the default STV. I am able to sort the recordings by original airdate and the Archives by Show ID. I usually Archive my spouses's movies... So I can keep them away from my series. I like to sort my Series by original airdate. and She likes sorting by show id so that her movies are in alpabetical order. It freaks her out when I sort by original air date then she goes to archives and they are not sorted by showid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg recordings.JPG (91.1 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg archives.JPG (95.6 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 03-11-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll see what I'm doing differently and put it in with the button updates I had planned - Thanks.

BobP.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Administrator

In the default STV, the malore menus are using the menuname and basemenu variables to modify the property names used for each type of multimenu, so that is how it can store different settings for the various menus.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
In the default STV, the malore menus are using the menuname and basemenu variables to modify the property names used for each type of multimenu, so that is how it can store different settings for the various menus.

- Andy
Thank you. I found where it was being set in the Default STV in the BeforeMenuLoad hook and that appears to have fixed it. My guess is that code was not present in 5.0.4 - where I originally stole the code from for this. Am in the process of uploading now.

BobP.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Bob,

Attached are some snapshots. Using the default STV. I am able to sort the recordings by original airdate and the Archives by Show ID. I usually Archive my spouses's movies... So I can keep them away from my series. I like to sort my Series by original airdate. and She likes sorting by show id so that her movies are in alpabetical order. It freaks her out when I sort by original air date then she goes to archives and they are not sorted by showid.
I have just uploaded the fix for this and the problems I saw with the options menu buttons not displaying text when they were highlighted in SageMC 6.3.2c. If you have further problems with this let me know. Thanks go to Opus4 for pointing out the code that was missing.

BobP.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Thank you. I found where it was being set in the Default STV in the BeforeMenuLoad hook and that appears to have fixed it. My guess is that code was not present in 5.0.4 - where I originally stole the code from for this.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that BeforeMenuLoad hook code was added post-v5.0, when I was adding support for the partial recordings view & so on. Prior to that, it was just initialized in the attribute as that long If statement w/o a distinction between recordings & archived recordings.

There have been other changes/fixes since then, so when you have time, you might want to do a comparison of the the malore menus in the version where you grabbed the code & the latest version.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Yes, I'm pretty sure that BeforeMenuLoad hook code was added post-v5.0, when I was adding support for the partial recordings view & so on. Prior to that, it was just initialized in the attribute as that long If statement w/o a distinction between recordings & archived recordings.

There have been other changes/fixes since then, so when you have time, you might want to do a comparison of the the malore menus in the version where you grabbed the code & the latest version.

- Andy
Will do Thanks.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:01 AM
Sage Expert

How do I activate this?

I have selected imported the XML into the latest SageMC and am not sure how to get the menu to appear. I have the dynamic menu funtion enabled but the only choice of menus I see when I select 'internal screens' are xtras by Malore which I assume are designed to work with the main STV and not SageMC. Which one do I choose?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 04-28-2007, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

xtras by Malore is what you need to use.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
xtras by Malore is what you need to use.
Excellent, thanks.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does this addon work with the Foofaraw SageMC skin?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatchalov View Post
Does this addon work with the Foofaraw SageMC skin?
I don't use the Foofaraw skin so I'm sorry but I cannot answer this question. I would try just try it out and see. If it doesn't work then just roll back to your prior version.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Bob.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

does this work with the latest builds of sagetv and sagemc? I can't seem to get it to work. What steps do I have to take after I import the stv?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you defined a link to the "Xtra: Malore Menus" menu on the SageMC menu system?

I have not tested this beyond 6.3.2c but I have changes to make for flachbar's next version of SageMC so I won't be updating this for any versions between 6.3.2c and then next version that do not function. I will however be updating this for the next version that I will hopefully have done when it releases. I will also see how hard it is to add the current version of options from the default STV but I may not make it with the next release.

Edit: well had time to test this and I believe it is working correctly with versions of SageMC newer than 6.3.2c using version 0.4.3 I'm going to see what I can do to add the newer version from the default STV as an update.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 09-25-2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ah.. I missed the part about linking in the menu... got it now. Works great.

Can i get a link directly to SageTV Recordings from the main menu? Or do I have to go to Malore menus first and then SageTV recordings?