SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

I posted this over at the HDHR forum but I figured I'd give it a shot here as well,

In the Sage properties file there is a setting to set whether or not a recording is saved/created as a Program stream or a Transport stream, at least that my understanding of what it does. The below line is my understanding of where to set that switch:

mmc/encode_digital_tv_as_program_stream=true

My question is, why do I still get Transport streams from HDHR recordings with the above switch set to "true"? In fact, whether it's set to "true" or "false", I still get Transport streams from the HDHR. Is there another property file setting I should be adjusting??

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I believe that option no longer works in the newer versions of SageTV. It was removed for some reason.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar View Post
I believe that option no longer works in the newer versions of SageTV. It was removed for some reason.
That seems to be the case, in my experience anyways.

So the question is now, is there a way to have Sage save these recordings as Program Streams instead of the native Transport Stream the HDHR creates?
Old 07-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
So the question is now, is there a way to have Sage save these recordings as Program Streams instead of the native Transport Stream the HDHR creates?
I believe that the new BDA support for the HDHR in Sage6.2.x will let Sage capture the recordings as PS.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I believe that the new BDA support for the HDHR in Sage6.2.x will let Sage capture the recordings as PS.
Okay, I'll give that a try, it's just that I'm leery of trying new versions when what I have is working so well(other than this particular issue).

Is 6.2.x stable, no glaring issues...??
Old 07-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Sage Icon

I'm using 6.2.4 with no known issues. There were some studio API changes that affected some alternate STVs, but those STVs have been updated for the most part.

As for actually using BDA, I'm not using it for my HDHR . It looked like a lot of work to me, and I figured I'd wait for it to stablize a bit before I jumped into it.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Same for me. Works great with network encoder support. I'm waiting for BDA support to mature a little to avoid having to manually create a manual channel mapping file ...and cant stand it being hardcoded at the root of my C: drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I'm using 6.2.4 with no known issues. There were some studio API changes that affected some alternate STVs, but those STVs have been updated for the most part.

As for actually using BDA, I'm not using it for my HDHR . It looked like a lot of work to me, and I figured I'd wait for it to stablize a bit before I jumped into it.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

From some of the threads I've glanced at it looks to be somewhat problematic, although if it gives me program stream files it may be worth trying.

Last edited by Keenan; 07-17-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

It's really disappointing that the BDA support isn't stable yet, because using the HDHR as a network encoder has it's own issues: particularly timeline corruption and having to start the HDHR Manager before the SageTV Service.

Hopefully Sillicon Dust and Sage can work out the kinks by the time 6.2 ships.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a known problem with Comskip and HDHomeRun for some HD content? None of my FOX HD stuff is correctly being interpreted over the last few months. I thought it use to be, not sure if it's an HDHR change, Comskip or what.

I've seen some talk about timeline issues with the HDHR. is that related?

Maybe this isn't the best place to post this...
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 08-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Sage Icon

my setup has issues w/ Y&R (wife's soap) via HDHomerun. comskip is about 95-98% accurate on the skips, but the stvi seems to jump back about 15-20sec. so she has to right-arrow w/ the remote to hit the mark. Monday there was a glitch in the audio. somehow it got scrambled up. video was fine. haven't seen any issues w/ SD. man I hope the comment in the RC notes means the HD Extender is near. It takes my box about 2hrs to compress HD to standard-DVD w/ ac3 SD format.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.