SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Unhappy Oh man, its looks totally messed up!

Okay, I just installed the iTV theme. I must be doing something REALLY wrong. But everything looks really messed up! I cant even read the text on the screen. The text forgets to go away and text overlaps text. Maybe, its possible that I have animations turned on? Animations seem to work perfectly in all the other themes for SageMC. Also, I don't even see the iTV theme listed under the SageMC themes. Did I load it wrong or something?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Okay, I just installed the iTV theme. I must be doing something REALLY wrong. But everything looks really messed up! I cant even read the text on the screen. The text forgets to go away and text overlaps text. Maybe, its possible that I have animations turned on? Animations seem to work perfectly in all the other themes for SageMC. Also, I don't even see the iTV theme listed under the SageMC themes. Did I load it wrong or something?
Make sure after you have installed the zip file you have a directory called C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images_iTV that has a good number of graphics files. It takes a good number of seconds for the import to complete. It should go back to the main screen when the import is finished. You then have to restart Sage to see the new graphics.

You will not see the theme listed on the theme page. The import file copies the graphics files for you, so you do not use the theme installation page. Themes have to be added to the properties file to show up there.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
How would the glassy selection bars affect the MovieTimesMC and WebRadioMC addons? I like the way MeInMaui's selection bars look in the main menu. But, i'm not sure if it will screw up the look for the other addons that don't come with SageMC.
Those imported pages will use whatever the selected theme is and use the same graphics files. They will have the same theme look as all of the others.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay, I will try it again. Maybe I missed something obvious. Anyway, does iTV fully support SageMC menu and various other animations. I just turned on all the different animation options in SageMC.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Make sure after you have installed the zip file you have a directory called C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images_iTV that has a good number of graphics files. It takes a good number of seconds for the import to complete. It should go back to the main screen when the import is finished. You then have to restart Sage to see the new graphics.

You will not see the theme listed on the theme page. The import file copies the graphics files for you, so you do not use the theme installation page. Themes have to be added to the properties file to show up there.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-23-2007, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay, I feel stupid now. At least I was right about one thing... it was something obvious. In your first post, I just presumed the attachment you had was the whole package for the iTV theme. It didn't have any of the images (which is what you had suspected).

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, my turn. I installed per the instructions and all I get is a black screen. Any ideas? Or how do I get back to the default.

TIA
Old 04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
SageTVaholic

BTW, there's a screen which does look right. I cant remember how I got to it, but its the sageMC setup screen where you select which TV icons to show under which parts of sageMC. There should be a bunch of check boxes there, but nothing is visible.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrrl View Post
OK, my turn. I installed per the instructions and all I get is a black screen. Any ideas? Or how do I get back to the default.

TIA
To roll back your STV file you can edit your Sage.properties or SageClient.properties with Sage closed down and edit the line that starts with "STV=" so that it specifies the previous xml file.

What version of Sage and SageMC STV are you using?
You have to make sure that the SageMC_iTV_Import.xml is in the STV\SageTV3 directory and that you wait long enough for the import to complete.

You can send your resulting xml file after the import to Morgan111b@gmail.com if you would like me to look at it.

Morgan
Old 04-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
BTW, there's a screen which does look right. I cant remember how I got to it, but its the sageMC setup screen where you select which TV icons to show under which parts of sageMC. There should be a bunch of check boxes there, but nothing is visible.
I see what you mean with the Icon Options. That screen is new for 6.3.2c and there must have been two new graphics added for that release. You can grab those from the attachment here and unzip them into the STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images directory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip checkboxes.zip (6.6 KB, 252 views)
Old 04-27-2007, 09:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Morgan!

Quote:
I see what you mean with the Icon Options. That screen is new for 6.3.2c and there must have been two new graphics added for that release. You can grab those from the attachment here and unzip them into the STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images directory.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

How long is this import supposed to take? I have had it running for 30 minutes now and it doesn't seem to be making any progress.

I installed a fresh copy of SageTV Client, then I installed SageMC and loaded it.

Then I went to settings screen and selected Load STV, then i slected the iTV.xml file.

The Load new SageTV app dialog started to fade out but it froze half way faded out and I am still sitting here waiting.

Greg
Old 11-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure its compatable with the current version of SageMC. flachbar redesigned the SageMC theme system around 6.3.4 and most SageMC imports had to be redone to work inthe new builds.the most current version of the iTV theme lists compatibilty for 6.3.2.

edit: And it appears that you tried to Load the iTV.xml. You need to already have SageMC .xml file loaded as your STV, and then import the iTV.xml instead of loading it as the STV.

edit: Looks like you figured it out while I was editing my post. Unfortunately it appears that this import has been obsoleted by newer SageMC builds, and not updated.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.

Last edited by ke6guj; 11-22-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ah ok. I also figured I tried to load it instead of import it. But when I import it, it returns quickly, but it doesn't do anything.

I guess I will move on.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
I had the same problem when I updates last week. I can load the old iTV theme but it reverts back to an older version of SageMC. I guess I will either wait for an update or try to be happy with the boring default theme.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

You won't have to wait too much longer. There should be a new version out soon that just loads like any other SageMC theme. Some of Dirks property files allow me to skip some of the things I used to do with an import file. There may be some minor cosmetic things that will be missing without an import, but I am trying to see how much I can do without that.

Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by opy01 View Post
I had the same problem when I updates last week. I can load the old iTV theme but it reverts back to an older version of SageMC. I guess I will either wait for an update or try to be happy with the boring default theme.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation iTV Theme Update!

Ok, I have the update ready that is ready for SageMC 6.3.6 and should not require as much update for future STV changes thanks to some of the changes that Dirk has been including to support themes and their properties. This does not require an import file now which looses some but not all features of the pr evious version. Some details like that will be added later. There are some things I will definitely be updating later and hope to include some more customization after further SageMC STV updates.

Details on the update are HERE.

The download is HERE.
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...eview3_HE5.jpg
Old 04-30-2008, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Wink

This look familiar

http://lifehacker.com/381695/roll-a-...r-with-leopard

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question this is confusing :(

Ok, I've got to be missing something here. I downloaded the zip, extracted to the sage tv directory (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV) but iTV doesn't show up in the theme selection under the setup menu. If i take the iTV folder from the zip (STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Themes\iTV) and stick it in the themes folder (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\Themes) then I can pick iTV from the setup menu, get the colors and images, but no layout as in the image below:

Now, I like this better than the blue, but I'd really like to get that slick layout with the date and weather and all that jazz. Is it because I'm only using 4:3 and not 16:9, or is there something that i'm really missing?

Thanks

Trevor
Old 07-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

The iTV theme is setup for SageMC, you are using the default STV.

You can switch to the SageMC STV by starting HERE
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The iTV theme is setup for SageMC, you are using the default STV.

You can switch to the SageMC STV by starting HERE
so I tried that SageMC STV, and everytime i try to load it, it freezes sagetv