SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

I just had the thought to put all of the graphics files directly into the working Images directory to save the difficulty of modifying the properties file and having to "apply" the theme. The only drawback is that if you switch to a different theme (no! ) and want to switch back, you would have to unzip the installation file again. Or should I keep it the way it is now??
Old 10-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Sage Icon

Switch back from iTV theme? Those people should just be shot on sight!
Old 10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
I just had the thought to put all of the graphics files directly into the working Images directory to save the difficulty of modifying the properties file and having to "apply" the theme. The only drawback is that if you switch to a different theme (no! ) and want to switch back, you would have to unzip the installation file again. Or should I keep it the way it is now??
I commented on this in another thread here. I think the images should still get placed in the Images_iTV folder.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I commented on this in another thread here. I think the images should still get placed in the Images_iTV folder.
Maybe I could leave it in the Images_iTV folder but have the import transfer them to the Images directory...
Old 10-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation iTV Theme & STV Import for SageMC 0.21

Update time!. I went with my last thought and now have the import file copy in the iTV image files to the working directory.

0.21 - 10/23/06
-Major update of graphics from Mike (was posted to the forum but now incorporated)
-Fix transparency of diskbar usage graphics
-Removed some (very slow) import to realign button text that is no longer required due to graphics update
-Add adjustment for new weather summary button on Main menu (new in SageMC 6.20)
-Running import file copies theme graphics from Images_iTV folder. No longer required to modifiy properties file and "Apply" the theme type on Setup page.
-Adjusted Detailed Setup button text color to made it readable with black background
-Large fonts now should not cause bottom of text to cutoff

Old 10-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Sage Icon

I get the black screen of death when I try and install this theme.

I import the "import," then I select the theme as iTV. Then exit and come back in, and the screen is all black. Have to apply 3-finger magic to get it free...

Locks up the CPU at 100%

This is with the latest version of 6.20a

Edit.

This import does not appear to get along with SageMC, at least, on my system. I had to reload the default STV to even get regular SageMC back. Not sure what is going on here.

Edit Part 2:
No idea what's happening. After I switched back from the default STV to SageMC, now all of a sudden, I have the iTV theme...

Still missing the thin bars that underline the headings in "My TV."

Edit Part 3:
Maybe just disregard this entire post? I switched to using SageMC_169-2.xml (after a movietimes and iTV import), and now the thin lines are there...

Go figure. Not too sure why it took all this swapping around to get it to work though!

Last edited by geogecko; 10-23-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

it didn't work for me
Old 10-24-2006, 06:07 AM
Sage Icon

I think that the automatic properties file changes is messing things up, perhaps?

I think if people really want to use this theme, then they should at least invest a little time into how themes work in SageMC (which really isn't too much to ask, especially if they are using SageTV, or better yet, SageMC!). It's really not all that difficult to go in and add two lines to the properties file.

I'm not sure how it works if this is already taken care of (from a previous installation), or if someone is using sageclient.properties, versus sage.properties.

It's just my $0.02, but I had a heck of a time getting it installed correctly. Perhaps it works on the developer's system due to the fact that it's already been installed...I don't really know, just speculation on my part.

BTW, very nice theme! Sorry, a little sugar in with the salt, right?
Old 10-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Sage Icon

worked for me. I was already using the itv theme so i just downloaded and extracted the new import and imported it into the SageMC_169.xml file...

i have had problems in the past switching between themes however but a server restart usually fixed that.
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenwesi
it didn't work for me
After running the import, did it automatically prompt you about restarting the SageUI for the new graphics to be visible? I dod not have Dirk's import utility library as part of the download, and that may be a problem for some people. If you go to the first post of this thread, I have added a zip file that has the iTV import file and the import library that will go in the JARS directory. Extract the zip to the SageTV/SageTV directory and let me know if that makes a difference. I will add that to the full installation as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I think that the automatic properties file changes is messing things up, perhaps?

I think if people really want to use this theme, then they should at least invest a little time into how themes work in SageMC (which really isn't too much to ask, especially if they are using SageTV, or better yet, SageMC!). It's really not all that difficult to go in and add two lines to the properties file.

I'm not sure how it works if this is already taken care of (from a previous installation), or if someone is using sageclient.properties, versus sage.properties.
Jason, the properties file no longer has a part in the installation process. At the end of the import, the import code deletes the Images directory and copies the files from Images_iTV to Images. So there is no need any more to edit the properties file or go to the Theme setup screen. Did you get the Sage restart message after you had run the import? If nothing else, you could add "debug_logging=TRUE" to your properties file, run the import, and then send me the debug log. That may tell me something.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

I don't remember getting the prompt to restart after loading the import. Possibly I have the same problem as cenwesi did, and just need to install the import lib or something?

I'll check into that when I get home.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I have added a zip file that has the iTV import file and the import library that will go in the JARS directory. Extract the zip to the SageTV/SageTV directory and let me know if that makes a difference. I will add that to the full installation as well.
The full installation now has the import utility. There are older versions of the import that would be a problem also. The new df_sageutils.jar is dates 9/8/06.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The full installation now has the import utility. There are older versions of the import that would be a problem also. The new df_sageutils.jar is dates 9/8/06.
That's probably my problem. Mine was an older one that came with the MovieTimes Import for SageMC...

Hmm...funny thing. Either the MT plugin zip file was updated, or I put the df_sageutils.jar in there myself for some reason. I just redownloaded it and it's not in there anymore...

Last edited by geogecko; 10-24-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am having the same problem that geogecko had. Black screen after restarting sage upon applying the plugin.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but after manually editing the properties file back to SageMC-169.xml ver 6.2.0a and reapplying the import about 6 times it finally opened and seems to be working. I'm just not going to touch anything!

What is with the thin line under the headings in MyTV? It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the theme. Especially the color.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

I downloaded the new install and am still having the black screen issues.

I'll post a debug log.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (34.7 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by clmolnar; 10-24-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Sage Icon

ok-maybe i did it wrong because it didn't prompt me to restart.....should it?
I just downloaded the import, extracted it to the sagetv/sagetv directory then imported it....hmm
i'll try again tonight i guess..

can you post some screenshots so we know what the new icon sets are supposed to look like?
Thanks,
juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
ok-maybe i did it wrong because it didn't prompt me to restart.....should it?
I just downloaded the import, extracted it to the sagetv/sagetv directory then imported it....hmm
i'll try again tonight i guess..

can you post some screenshots so we know what the new icon sets are supposed to look like?
Thanks,
juc
Actually I went to my server with the default STV on it and loaded the SageMC STV, and then install the ITV package and ran the import. I did not see the prompt either. It looks like I am only seeing that OSD when I run the import from within Studio but not when imported from the Setup screen. It looks like everything gets copied and setup correctly, but no prompt (basically the same thing you see when applying a new theme). It looks like there may be a SageMC 6.20 issue when starting up fullscreen resulting in the blank screen on startup when in fullscreen, although I did not have that problem when installing it on my server.

This package had the updated graphics from Mike that have a better glow and are resized for all of the different buttons so that they don't look streched out (especially on the sides) and prevents text from running into the blue glow. Also has the diskbar graphics in blue and revamped up/down scroll arrows. There will be some totally new icons later on. IF you want to make sure you have the newest ones loaded you can compare the number of files in the Images and Images_iTV directories, and also eyeball the file times on the latest files in each directory.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Hi All,

Me again. I was thinking that maybe everyone could use a little help getting into the "spirit" of the next holiday. It ain't much, but here is my first holiday themed graphics pack. It just somehow seemed appropriate with the black background and all.

Enjoy!

Aloha,
Mike
Ok I am missing something on here. Should the preview video window have an orange glow button or the text below the preview window have it? Or neither? After installing all this, I get a blue glow around the text only.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Ok I am missing something on here. Should the preview video window have an orange glow button or the text below the preview window have it? Or neither? After installing all this, I get a blue glow around the text only.
For Mikes Halloween set, there is no video_title_focus.png which is used if you use the large preview. Yout could copy the orange menu_list_focus.png to video_title_focus.png which should be close enough. Maybe we should include some Halloween sounds to go with that to replace the standard sounds...
Old 10-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Sage Icon

Now there's a thought! Halloween sounds! I will just copy over that video_title_focus file with the one you suggested (or edit it to the proper size). I thought that was the issue, but wanted to make sure.