SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
I am having the same problem that geogecko had. Black screen after restarting sage upon applying the plugin.
May be an issue with SageMC 6.20 when starting up in fullscreen, don't know yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
What is with the thin line under the headings in MyTV? It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the theme. Especially the color.
It seemed to look good although I figured everybody would have there own take on it. I can have an option added to the SageMC Options page to turn that on/off nad change color. I can add that to the next update, which may not be that far off at this point.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
For Mikes Halloween set, there is no video_title_focus.png which is used if you use the large preview. Yout could copy the orange menu_list_focus.png to video_title_focus.png which should be close enough. Maybe we should include some Halloween sounds to go with that to replace the standard sounds...
Sorry. Missed that one.

The Halloween sounds are a good idea, but I don't know if I'll have time to find them and put a set together. Hopefully someone else can pick up the ball on that.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Sage Icon

I might be able to put something together for that. Hopefully, they won't be too annoying...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I might be able to put something together for that. Hopefully, they won't be too annoying...
I have not tested these out on my system yet, as it is in use. These may be too long to be of good use, but it's hard to find a "sound" that you can tell is Halloween, that only lasts about 0.2 seconds...

Backup your sounds directory:

.../sagetv/sagetv/STVs/SageTV3/SageMCE/Sounds

before doing this, so that you can get the originals back easy (could just rename the Sounds directory to Sounds_old or something).

Then just unzip this file in your .../sagetv/sagetv directory, and let me know how it works (have to close down Sage before installing...)
Attached Files
File Type: zip halloween_sounds_v0_1.zip (340.9 KB, 222 views)
Old 10-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation iTV Update 0.22 - 10/23/06

Changes
0.22 - 10/24/06
-Added missing header lines from video screens
-Removed OSD dialog that says to restart SageUI for new graphics to show up.
(I could only get OSD to display when importing withing Sage Studio) Was that causing other problems? Don't know, but it's gone now.
-Added ability to disable iTV divider line and color from SageMC Options menu under Visual settings and Colors settings
-Graphics are unchanged from 0.21.

The theme and import are compatible with Flachbar's SageMC 16x9 6.13a and seem to be for 6.20a. I have doubts about it working with mlbdude's last release. The import provides some simple header lines to SageMC themes and makes adjustments to text alignments and OSD dialog appearances.

This new import takes a number of seconds to run. Sage must be restart for any new graphics to be reloaded (for changes to iTV graphics, or switching back from another theme).

The download and installation instructions can be found here.

A zip file with the import file and library required to run the import, but no graphics, can be found at the bottom of this message. If updating from 0.21 or to change to iTV Theme from another theme, just run the iTV import file.

Halloween Fun
For a Halloween touch to this theme, check out MeInMaui's Halloween version of graphics in post 97 and Geogecko's Halloween UI sounds in post 125.

I'm keeping an eye for any conflict with SageMC 6.20a and the black screen lockup, but haven't been able to reproduce it myself. Seems to possibly be related to the new main screen weather for some people?
Old 10-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

So is this version the LATEST release...
Old 10-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

yes, 0.22. You can always find a history of updates from the first post in this thread. Any new update will be listed there.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

So all i do is unzip this into the sageTV directory?? Do i also go into setup and choose the xml?
Old 10-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
It is an import so just import it into your STV then choose the theme.

Miller
Old 10-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

I currently have iTV as my theme so do i need to choose it again?
Old 10-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

You never have to select the iTV Theme from the Select Theme screen. That just copies the graphics over to the current theme directory. When you run the import it will automatically copy the latest iTV theme graphics into the current theme directory whether they are the current theme graphics or not and whether they have been updated or not. If there were new iTV graphics you would have to exit Sage and restart to have them loaded, but if you are just running the new import there is no need to restart.

Last edited by Morgan111; 10-27-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks....Works now. Say, i have alot of movies and i have directory setup for each based on Genre.

[Action,Adventure]
[Biography]
[DVD's]
[Comedy, Drama]
[..]

Is there a way i can have the system read all this into the appropriate genre in sage instead of me picking each one up and telling it. Also i noticed the .my is there and don't mind edting each on telling it which genre it belongs to.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have not tested these out on my system yet, as it is in use. These may be too long to be of good use, but it's hard to find a "sound" that you can tell is Halloween, that only lasts about 0.2 seconds...

Backup your sounds directory:

.../sagetv/sagetv/STVs/SageTV3/SageMCE/Sounds

before doing this, so that you can get the originals back easy (could just rename the Sounds directory to Sounds_old or something).

Then just unzip this file in your .../sagetv/sagetv directory, and let me know how it works (have to close down Sage before installing...)
So did these just pretty much suck? Not even a word...crickets chirping and what not...
Old 10-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So did these just pretty much suck? Not even a word...crickets chirping and what not...
I updated click3.wav. I didn't notice that it had 3-4 seconds of dead time afterwards...
Attached Files
File Type: zip halloween_sounds_v0_1.zip (478.6 KB, 210 views)
Old 10-28-2006, 08:54 AM
Sage Icon

I havent gotten to the sounds yet, I will try them out today!

Morgan, are all the popup windows supposed to be black? When I am viewing the details of a recording, and select 'delete' I get a blue acknowledgement popup. So far, thats the only one I have found like that, all others were black (like IMDB popup for instance, or Options popup).
Old 10-28-2006, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenwesi
Thanks....Works now. Say, i have alot of movies and i have directory setup for each based on Genre.

[Action,Adventure]
[Biography]
[DVD's]
[Comedy, Drama]
[..]

Is there a way i can have the system read all this into the appropriate genre in sage instead of me picking each one up and telling it.
Well this question really belongs to the main SageMC thread, but I will answer it here:

yes, you can do that. In the 'My Videos' menu, choose the 'File System' / 'View by List' view, select the directory, and bring up the options menu. It offers options to change the category / subcategory for all files contained in the folder.

Dirk
Old 10-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Morgan, are all the popup windows supposed to be black? When I am viewing the details of a recording, and select 'delete' I get a blue acknowledgement popup. So far, thats the only one I have found like that, all others were black (like IMDB popup for instance, or Options popup).
I knew there were some that had not been covered. I will hunt out more that may be missed, like that one, for the next release.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Sage Icon

ok cool... I thought I had found another one a few days ago, but now I dont remember where it was. If I find more, I will let you know.

Found one: Edit Aspect Ratio screen while viewing a show. Another one: Cancel record confirmation popup.

Also, is it possible to have the iTV import version number listed in the System Info page, much like the SageMC version is?

Last edited by Kirby; 10-28-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Found one: Edit Aspect Ratio screen while viewing a show. Another one: Cancel record confirmation popup.
Thanks

Quote:
Also, is it possible to have the iTV import version number listed in the System Info page, much like the SageMC version is?
Hmmmm, yes I think so! Good idea.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Newbie needs a hand

Hi all..

I'm a freshly registered convert to Sage (from trying GBPVR).

I jumped right into the latest V6 beta and am pleased with the stability and picture quality from the use of Full Screen Exclusive Mode... Something that the guys at GBPVR are lacking (and avoiding implementing).

Anyhoo - I'm blown away by this STV ! The down side is that I can't get it to install

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I've done:

1. Installed, configured, and tested / used Sage 6 yesterday. No additional extensions or STV's. Works fine.

2. Downloaded the complete ZIP for iTV (I think is .22?!?) from
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=134

3. Unzipped it to the Sage\Sage folder.

4. Went into Sage and did the import - heres where it goes wrong...

5. Sage begins import, but never finishes (gave it 15-20 minutes). The screen partially faded to an import dialog and then hung with no processor activity from it.

6. Restarting it resulted in the lifeless black screen.

Fortunately, I had backed up the entire Sage folder, so I was able to recover quickly.

I tried the above three times with the same result.

What newbie mistake am I making???