SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

get get imported media to work...

i've been have strange problems with imported media... i could only get imported videos to work on one mvp (the other mvps and even the server would show up empty). i was also not able to access mp3s from anything except the server. it was strange, so i went ahead and made the jump to sage service and removed my old dir's and replced them with UNC paths. now none of my media is present anywhere.

i enabled file sharing on the folders that i wanted to share. The share path on the network hard drive is C:\documents and settings\Den\My Movies (as well as My Music, My Pictures). i used the sage folder navigator to selected the shared folders by navigating up until i got to <network> and i located the folders there.

after a half day of waiting, sage is still showing the folders as empty. i've used the refresh button, restarted computer etc. i followed the manual as best possible, not sure what to do...
Old 10-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

So what are your import paths in Sage? Should be in the format:
\\computer_name\share_name\subfolder\subfolder
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

\\DEN\My Movies
\\DEN\My Music
\\DEN\My Pictures
Old 10-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan15
\\DEN\My Movies
\\DEN\My Music
\\DEN\My Pictures
DEN is the PC, and My Movies is the name of a share?

Also, if using the service, the service needs to run with a logon with a password, IIRC.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 10-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Also, if using the service, the service needs to run with a logon with a password, IIRC.
could that be why my imports aren't working? i've been running the service on an xp box with only one login and no password...

if i use a password, how do i make sure that when the computer reboots for whatever reason, it starts up with all of the startup programs running (sage service, sage ui, dirmon, etc..)?
Old 10-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan15
could that be why my imports aren't working? i've been running the service on an xp box with only one login and no password...
Yup, if no password for the login, it may have issues with network shares/

Quote:
if i use a password, how do i make sure that when the computer reboots for whatever reason, it starts up with all of the startup programs running (sage service, sage ui, dirmon, etc..)?
IF you have a login with password, then you can set up windows to always start and login with that account. open a dos prompt and type
Quote:
control userpasswords2
there should be a box "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". Uncheck that, click APPLY, and you should get a prompt asking for a user name and password that you want Windows to start up with. Depending on the network sharing on your other computer, you may need to add the same username and password to the network computer so your Sage computer can access the share.

Last edited by ke6guj; 10-14-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Sage Icon

Possibly an easier solution (the one I use) is TweakUI. Go to microsoft.com and seach for "powertoys". Download the TweakUI powertoy and install. This gives you loads of different customisation options for Windows XP, including setting an autologon username and password (must be set up in User Accounts CP Applet first). Then use the same username/password for the service. Easy!
Old 10-15-2006, 10:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

i setup the sage service control panel to logon with the user and password, and now it appears to be working... i've got several mp3's so far, no pictures, and no videos, but i figure it's still queing up. since the reboot 5 minutes ago...

thanks for all the help!

edit:
Just checked again and all is there! thanks! one thing to note. i had trouble finding my dvd's on my hard drive... i had to go into the configure menu of the imported videos section...

Last edited by jryan15; 10-15-2006 at 01:10 PM.