SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Sage User

Google with PVR-350

I finally have version 6 working great, except for the Google videos.

Are the Google videos supposed to work with the PVR-350 using hardware-only decoding? I can see the videos on the computer monitor, but I can't see it on the TV screen or hear any audio through the PVR-350's audio-out. When the Google videos start playing, the TV displays an image of the last TV program I was watching, almost like I hit pause or there is a buffer on the PRV-350 that isn't getting flushed/reset.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
-Allen
Old 10-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Sage User

Won't work

The 350 card will only work with mpg2 files. I have the card and with the new version of Sage broke down and bought a video card so I can utilize the Google video along with using the compression to mpg4 video files.

I didn't want to spend more money, but after one day I'm pretty happy and almost wish I had bought a new video card earlier.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Sage Icon

I think the SageTVTranscoder converts the google flash videos into Mpeg2 to feed to the MVP, but I guess it doesn't do so for the 350. I gave up on the 350 a long time ago because of the numerous porblems it was known for. If you have an SDTV, then invest in an wired MVP extender, you won't regret it. You can still use the 350 as a tuner, thats what I did. If you have an HDTV, then get a modern video card with DVI or Component outputs. You'll get much better stability than the 350.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.