SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-15-2006, 06:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Interfacing with DVB card via Java

Hi all,

I'd like to learn how to interface with my TechnoTrend S2-3200 DVB-S card, preferably via Java. I believe that an EPG gets sent in the clear on a certain frequency, and I'd like to examine it and get a feeling for how suitable it is for use in Sage. The only language I'm really familiar with is Java; I've been trying to get a handle on Deplhi to be able to use Anders' SBDARecorder as a starting point, but the additional learning curve of picking up a new language as well as understanding all the directshow filter stuff and demuxers and what not moves it from being fun to being too much of a chore for my freetime.

I'm finding it very difficult to get started with working out how to do this. No-one seems to have written a BDA -> Java wrapper yet. I'm wondering how difficult it would be to write this myself using JNI, but I really don't know where to begin!

Ideally I want a situation where I can pass a method the necessary frequency info and get back an InputStream that I can read from. I have a feeling that this ought not to be too difficult, the card is after all designed to do exactly that; but I can't find any "getting started" type articles to give me a kick start into it.

Client:
Sage Client 6.1.9, Java 1.6.0_01, AthlonXP 3000+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 6150, ForceWare 93.71, nForce 8.26, PureVideo 1.02-223, SageMC 6.3.2c