SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:55 PM

Samsung TS Sir-360 and serial controls

Samsung SIR TS-160 and TS-360 are great boxes because they can work as off air NTSC and HDTV receivers (cable and/or Antenna) and if you want you can use them as HDTV DirecTV receiver you can. DirecTV subscription is not needed for cable and antenna components however you will need a valid DTV card for the off air antenna and cable components to work. DirecTV antenna is not need for off air or cable reception to work however the guide on the box will not be complete since not all TV station embeds their guide information in their transmission.

The problem with this box is/was that sage.tv was not able to really control channel changes, surprisingly MCE was due to the fact that IR code is included in the MCE distribution.

Last night I got the serial controls working on this box and now I can reliably change channels on this box through sage.tv using serial port. You might be able to use same method to control other devices using serial ports:

Step 1. Install exe tuner plugin

Step 2. Apply attached registry change ts-360.reg

Step 3. Configure Sage to use exetuner plugin to change channels

Step 4. Copy hipwsend.exe to C:\program Files\HIP\HIPWSend.exe

Step 5 Download and install COMController http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads...oad.asp?SID=27

Step 6 Download ST-360.ccc and configure COMController to use it. Make sure The COM port is set to the correct port connected to your receiver.

Step 7 Launch ComContoller Test app and test your connection. As you send numbers to COMController your receiver should change channels.

Step 8 Now install HIP from here http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/download.asp?SID=2

Step 9 Download ST-360.hip and configure HIP to use it

Step 10You can use TestHIP to make sure everything works as it should http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads...oad.asp?SID=20

Step 11 Make sure HIP and COMController is set in the startup folder so these apps start with windows

12 Now you should be able to change your channels through sage via serial port

For sage developers: It would be great if you could made this part of your app so we don’t have to relay on 3 different applications to get this working. To change channels on these Samsung boxes one has to send the serial port to 56300/8/1/n/n and send commands to change channels in sequence by

For someone to change channel to hbo 501 one needs to send this sequence of commands to the receiver

*dtv5CRLF
*dtv0CRLF
*dtv1CRLF

Please see attached ts-360.ccc for hex codes
Old 10-17-2006, 07:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Good lord, that looks like it took you a while to get that working
I was hoping that the devs would incorporate those codes into the serial control plugin sometime soon, but I might give that a shot. Luckily, the TS360 is not my primary STB in terms of Sage, so I'm not in a big rush at the moment.

If I get an evening this week I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for taking the time to post this. Appreciate it