SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Sage User

Help with moving files

Recently I started to play around with transcoding to Xvid and I developed a script that will perform the steps below:

-1. Run VideoRedo and place the comercial free mpg outside the Recordings folder
-2. Run ffmpeg and convert the mpg to xvid @ 1400 kb/s
-3. Touch the xvid using the mpg as the reference file
-4. Check and see if Sage is recording (by checking the HDD size for 1 min):
4.1 If recording wait for 5 minutes then check again
4.2 If not recording, close Sage, delete original mpg, comercial free mpg and move the avi to the Recordings folder
-5. Restart SageTv
The problems that I have so far are related to the way Sage interprets the new files: either it moves them to the import library (which I don't want that) or deletes them.
I went through the steps over and over again, and in theory Sage should not do anything if the new files (avi) have the same filename as the old mpg. My questions are:

1.Why is SageTv deleting the avis soon as it's restarted?
2. Why does it move the avi to the imported library if the filenames are the same?
3. How to solve this?
Thanks!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Which version of Sagetv are you running? Your signature says SageTV 4.0.0.56 .

I am using 6.11 and I never shutdown sage nor did I ever shut it down with 5.04. I encode to a temp folder touch the file... delete the original. Move the avi over to the recording folder... Sage picks up the avi.

The steps you are taking should be working..... bit I am not sure that SageTV 4.0.0.56 recognized avi's correctly.