SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to willgill
No sound in videos on Media MVP

I have yet to get the Media MVP completely working correctly. It's a wired version connected wirelessly via U.S. Robotics wireless bridge. The server uses the Firewire transport stream method from Time Warner STB.

In SageTV version:
5.0.4 I could play mp3's and some prerecorded videos with sound. LiveTV gave me a blank screen, no sound. SageTV support said it had something to do with detection and would be resolved in the next build.

6.0.11 Gave the same results.
6.0.12 Now I get consistent video in LiveTV, prerecorded video etc, but there's no sound. Mp3s have always played fine.

I have tried Standard and High Quality transcoding with same results. I suspect it's an issue with the transport stream's audio and how it's encoded and/or detected. Any clues?

Note: I changed my avatar to my cat for quicker response.
Server: WinXPProSP2, Athlon64 4000+ Dual Core, ASUS NVidia Premium SLI MB, 2Gig DDR, 2xGeForce 7800GTX in SLI, 2x250G SATA HD's in RAID stripe, 250G SATA Video, 250G Backup HD, Onboard Realtek sound, PureVid 1.0.2.223, SageTV 6.3.8
HTPC: WinXPProSP2, AthlonXP 1700+, 1GigDDR, ATI Radeon 2400HD AGP with , Overlay, SageTV 6.3.8
iTreadmill: Media MVP with USRobotics wireless bridge.

Last edited by willgill; 10-22-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

Do sage recorded shows playback audio fine? If so--and it is only for DVD's you have stored on the server----simply add Audio_TS in the same folder that you have Video_TS and you will have audio. This happened to me. So for example: Crash will be a folder and inside that folder you will have both the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders. The Audio_TS folder can be empty for for some reason you need it.
Hope this helps,
Juc

edit: after rereading your post I'm thinking you aren't getting audio in LiveTV either....dunno if that is the case...
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to willgill
The audio problem is only LiveTV and prerecorded shows which are Transport Streams from the firewire cable STB. DVDs play fine. I placed an official support ticket and they said it would be fixed in the next build.
Server: WinXPProSP2, Athlon64 4000+ Dual Core, ASUS NVidia Premium SLI MB, 2Gig DDR, 2xGeForce 7800GTX in SLI, 2x250G SATA HD's in RAID stripe, 250G SATA Video, 250G Backup HD, Onboard Realtek sound, PureVid 1.0.2.223, SageTV 6.3.8
HTPC: WinXPProSP2, AthlonXP 1700+, 1GigDDR, ATI Radeon 2400HD AGP with , Overlay, SageTV 6.3.8
iTreadmill: Media MVP with USRobotics wireless bridge.

Last edited by willgill; 10-23-2006 at 09:50 PM.