SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Serial Modem to update Guide

I am trying to set up a US Robotics Courier Serial modem to update my Guide. I set Sage to auto dial. Yet when it comes time to update, nothing happens. Sage does not wake up from S1. If Sage is awake, the modem is not initialized to dial. The only way I can get it to work is to have the computer at full power, Sage awake, AND the modem already dialed into the internet.
Not sure what is wrong here. Sage wakes from S1 for events and shuts down. I expected Sage to wake for the Guide update, dial the internet, do its business and then shut down.
Has anybody been able to make a similar setup work?

Update: By adjusting some Windows settings I can get the modem to autodial, however when it asks for the password, extra characters are added (Dial2) and my service disconnects. I can enter the correct password and click OK (Dial3) then go right back in and the extra characters are added (Dial4). Yet if I manually click on the dial desktop icon, I can connect with the correct password (Dial1). What gives?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dial1.jpg (32.5 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg Dial2.jpg (17.4 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg Dial3.jpg (35.4 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg Dial4.jpg (37.0 KB, 237 views)
XP SP1A; Sage V5.04; ; IN-WIN BT611T Case, custom full height conversion; Asus A7N8X VM/400; AthlonXP 2000, Palomino Core; Thermaltake Volcano 12 heatsink w/ sucking 80mm squirrel-cage fan, Zalman Fan-Mate on 5V, min setting; PNY 512MB PC2700; Gigabyte 7600 fanless, 256MB; 2 x Samsung Spinpoint 250GB; 3 x PVR250MCE; 3 x Hughes E8 OTA HD downconverters; External Fortron 400W Silent w/Performance-PCs.com extension cables; modified ZM-MC1 to 7V & 5V; Evercool 60 & 80mm fans @ 7V; StreamZap Remote

Last edited by hmca; 11-04-2006 at 12:13 AM.