SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:14 AM
Sage User

can't run version 6

I just installed version 6 over version 4 and when I try to start it up I get the following message:

"Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again. If your clock is correct, please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report code 2499,2883,2854)."

My system clock is set correctly, and version 4 was working just fine a few minutes ago. No clue what this is about.

Help!

Oswulf
Old 10-25-2006, 02:43 AM
Sage User

I've removed version 6 and installed version 5 which I've never run before and it works fine. Tried once again loading version 6 over 5 and get the same message as before.

At least I've got a working version now, but I bought the license for version 6 and would like to be able to run it.

Again, system clock is correct, and the fresh version 5 install doesn't seem to have any issues with it.

Oswulf
Old 10-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Sage Icon

Have you checked your BIOS time?

You need to raise a bug report with Sage Support if BIOS is okay.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 04-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Exclamation

This is rediculous; Bios and system clock is fine and I get this message so no V6 install today.

Not helped by the reinstall to V5 now can't find ExeTuner pluging so now no sagetv at all

Happy easter everybody!!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Sage Icon

Java version?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

1.5.0_11 b03 the latest version available as I upgraded before I started. I've learn't that lesson on past occasions.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

While I haven't tried any of the java 1.5's, I read too much on these forums about how bad 1.5. I will say the 1.6 version is great!
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 04-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Angry

I saw a thread that suggested I needed JRE 6 where was that information in the SageTV install packege?

I had assumed that doing the Java upgrade did just that, but no it only upgraded V5 to 1.5.0_11. Anyway eventually found JRE 6.1 used add remove programs to remove all the different 1.5.0_x versions I had accumulated and then installed JRE 6 and SageTV 6. I still have the same problem with the clock message. So I have removed Sage TV 6 and reinstalled SageTV V5 which then installed JRE 5 as well!!

This is getting beyond a joke now. I can't even get SageTV v5 runing now becuase it won't find the exetuner plugin.

Sense of humour is now rapidly diminishing. I've been using SageTV since V2 and never had this level of problems with the main package before
Old 04-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletop View Post
I saw a thread that suggested I needed JRE 6 where was that information in the SageTV install packege?
Java v6 is not needed to run SageTV, that is why there is no mention of such a requirement.

You are running into an issue that is probably outside what anyone on this forum can help with, so you should contact SageTV tech support.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswulf View Post
I just installed version 6 over version 4 and when I try to start it up I get the following message:

"Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again. If your clock is correct, please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report code 2499,2883,2854)."

My system clock is set correctly, and version 4 was working just fine a few minutes ago. No clue what this is about.

Help!

Oswulf
You need to send an email to tech support. They can supply you with the information you need to fix this problem. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Already done; and now in contact with them so have included a link to this thread. I will post the outcome when we get it resolved
Old 04-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This is rediculous; Bios and system clock is fine and I get this message so no V6 install today.

Not helped by the reinstall to V5 now can't find ExeTuner pluging so now no sagetv at all

Happy easter everybody!!
Doubletop,

After you get your system working again, you might want to get imaging software so you can take an image before making significant changes to you computer. If you had an image, you could easily restore the system to a point in time when it was working. Recovering from an image has saved me many days and hassle of manually rebuilding a system.

Dave
Old 04-22-2007, 03:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Angry

I said I'd come back with the answer

WARNING

SageTV V6.0 requires an additional subscription, unlike all the previous versions. If you install V6.0 to try it out using 15 day trial and you get the error message:

"Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again. If your clock is correct, please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report code xxx,xxxx,xxxx,xxxx)"

Get on to Support straight away and they will send you a key and procedure to unlock the clock problem (there's been no explanation as to why this is necessary). You have to do it immediately because while you are waiting for a response your 15 day trial period is ticking away. Even if you revert to your previous version while you are waiting.

If you leave it too long the key times out and you get another error message "This key is expired. Please contact the author of the program for a new one”

Go back to support and all you will get is this helpful advice:

"It looks like now the trial has expired for version 6. Unfortunately, we have no way to extend the trial. The only way to reset that trial is to do a clean reinstall of the OS."

Which if you've ever had to rebuilt your SageTV system from the ground up and tried to get it back to the point you left it is not something you would want to do lightly. You will then realise how much work went into getting it the way you wanted it in the first place.

Point taken from davephan about the imaging software, but all this shouldn't be necessary especially now it seems the only way for me to get V6 going would be to cough up the licence fee. Which sort of defeats the point of a trial period.

Do I appear happy with this whole situation?

Last edited by Doubletop; 04-22-2007 at 04:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you previously run through your 15 day trial (say back in 4.0? or 5.0?) before you purchased Sage? I installed 6.0 and had no problems for the first 15 days. As for 6.0, it does have an upgrade fee.

See here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22116
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ht=upgrade+fee

Just to name a few.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 04-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I said I'd come back with the answer

WARNING

SageTV V6.0 requires an additional subscription, unlike all the previous versions. If you install V6.0 to try it out using 15 day trial and you get the error message:

Do I appear happy with this whole situation?
The upgrade fee is chump change...
Old 04-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Angry

I've been a licenced user since I trialed V2.2 so haven't had a problem before.

However, the point is this problem stops you from taking advantage of the 15 day period when it isn't your fault, and nobody from SageTV apears to be interested in doing anything about it. The only advice has been "Re-install your OS".
Old 04-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Sage Icon

How about using a system restore point?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had my suspicions about the response from SageTV support was wrong and this is nothing to do with the trial period. If you get the error and support send you a clock key you have to use it straight away otherwise it times out itself and you'll need to send them the new error code to get another key.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Sage Icon

Such a nerve, Sage trying to protect their IP...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 05-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Administrator

That reminds me... Doubletop: did you check your PMs for info from support? I don't know if that one will expire soon too.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.