SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Sage User

Multiple Vista View Saber 2020 Update

Hello all,
I reciently talked to Vista View and asked them when the driver update that will support multiple cards in one pc will come out and they responded with the following:

The change has not been made yet. Vista driver development has taken
priority.

I will let you know when the new drivers release.

Shimon Hirschhorn

V.P. Sales & Marketing

Vista View LLC
Toll Free: 1-888-322-2955
Phone: 678-420-7475
Fax: (404) 843-1416
shimon@vistaview.tv

Why they would prioritize a driver for an OS that isn't even out yet rather then give customers who have already bought the cards support on a major problem is beyond me. But it looks like it will be a while.

The problem with the current drivers are explained in a previous email sent to me:

The problem is a driver problem, sort of. The Drivers themselves will work
with multiple cards. The problem is that they do not publish enough
information to make it usable to a program. You can get them to work in
Graphedit if you guess the correct ID for the 2 boards. There is no way
for a program to guess.

We know what must be done, and we have scheduled the change. Other matters
have a higher priority.

Thanks,

Shimon Hirschhorn

V.P. Sales & Marketing

Vista View LLC
Toll Free: 1-888-322-2955
Phone: 678-420-7475
Fax: (404) 843-1416
shimon@vistaview.tv

I wonder if there is a work around using Graphedit like we do for firewire until the new drivers come out? Anyone with thoughts on that?

If anyone else has heard anything on this please post it here!

Thanks
Armyb77
Old 10-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYB77
Why they would prioritize a driver for an OS that isn't even out yet rather then give customers who have already bought the cards support on a major problem is beyond me. But it looks like it will be a while.
Vista is slated for public release in January. No matter what everyone wants to think, it's going to sell, and sell very well. I'm guessing VV wants to capitalize on the sales by having drivers for their big seller for Vista. I honestly can't say as I blame them, it surely can only help sales of their products.

I'm just waiting on Sage to start supporting it, as I'd like to use Placeshifter on my Vista laptop, but thus-far I only get a black screen & audio. Do I think Sage should stop working on other problems and fix PS in Vista? No, it's not where the majority of their customers are going to be, but I'd bet VV's sales for Vista MCE PC's will be alot higher than their sales up to now, especially if they have their drivers ready on release day.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

1 DualTV and 1 Vistaview gets you 4 SD tuners with suposed better quality than Hauppauge. How much better I don't know. And from a picture quality standpoint (calibration), if the above don't allow access to Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, Sharpness, and "Blur" settings...just how much better than a tweaked PVR500 are they? I want to build another 4 SD tuner box, but this current SD capture situation has me pulling my hair out I never thought multi-tuner HD (OTA and/or QAM) would be easier to setup (HDHomeRun with what looks like imminent Sage support)

P