SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Sage User

Clarification on my setup

I recently upgraded my SageTV server to an A64 system, and started having all sorts of wierd freezing in recordings after things ran for a while - seemed to actually be overheating of my Diamond PVR card. I moved it to my client PC and now have that running as the server right next to the TV.

I'd like to take the old server, throw in a Hauppage PVR-150, and setup a dual server config as documented in the appendix (one network encoder+client mode).

I'm running over a 54mbit wireless network, which seems OK for client playback, but hopeless for live tv when recording to the remote share. Is there any way to tell the server to record only to its local drive, and the network encoder to do the same?

I'm thinking moving the receivers to the same PC and just running a client in the other room is the only way to guarantee what I want.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Personally I wouldn't use network encoders unless I absolutely had to. First it complicates your setup and secondly now that Sage is charging for upgrades it will be more costly to upgrade.

I believe Sage can do what you're asking, but I'll have to leave that to someone who knows more about it than I do.