SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

MVP WMV9 transcode - work for anyone?

loaded up 6.0.13 and was very happy to see that wmv9 transcode was somewhat supported. video thumbnails work great but any time i try to fire up a movie all i get is a gray screen with broken audio.

tried a few different files but it was late so no too many. i'm not sure if it was lack of processing power (only 2.8ghz p4) or if my files just weren't wanting to be transcoded?

an extender that could natively decode those files sure would be nice

thanks.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole
loaded up 6.0.13 and was very happy to see that wmv9 transcode was somewhat supported. video thumbnails work great but any time i try to fire up a movie all i get is a gray screen with broken audio.

tried a few different files but it was late so no too many. i'm not sure if it was lack of processing power (only 2.8ghz p4) or if my files just weren't wanting to be transcoded?

an extender that could natively decode those files sure would be nice

thanks.
I too was very happy that wmv9 finally got some attention. The playback quality is not great compared to the client, but at least it's a start. I sometimes get the grey screen (or even a hang) too, but mostly only when I fast forward or rewind, playback is fine most of the time.

Your cpu should be fine, I have a 2.9ghz Celeron and had 40% CPU usage with media extender quality set to low, and about 70% when set to high

Dirk