SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

USB UIRT IR files for NTL Pace 4001 box

Has anyone got the ir file for this remote? I'm trying to help a mate out.

CHeers
Old 11-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Sage Icon

Rename to PACE.ir
Attached Files
File Type: txt PACE.txt (1.3 KB, 333 views)
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-02-2006, 04:26 PM

I'm now round my mate's house (hence the different user ID!).

This still doesn't quite work. Once a number is sent, further sends of that number are ignored. E.g, when asking for channel '111', the Pace box only sees the first '1'. Something else which is odd is going from channel '101' to channel '102'. The Pace box is ignoring the first '1' of the '102'. This remains the case even if I leave it a few minutes on '101' before requesting '102'. I've tried defferent delays from 100 ms to 1500 ms between code sends, with no effect.

I think that the Pace remote must be sending codes that can't be learnt by the USB-UIRT. The sage software says that the code is learnt and that the button can be released. What happens if a special code is sent by the remote when the button is released? The sage software would miss it. This special code would not be sent during channel changing and I guess this is what is confusing the PACE box. What do you think?
Old 11-03-2006, 02:41 AM
Sage Icon

I think I just used that file without any training of the software...

If you are training it, make sure you're not doing it from a client, and not doing it in service mode, as the learning doesn't work properly in those cases.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 11-03-2006, 04:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

So, are you saying that you've used this file with your PACE box and it works?

I seem to rememeber that the long code numbers in the .ir file are the same as the ones given on remoteCentral.com for the Marantz/Philips learning remotes. I sthis true? Otherwise, can you explain the format?
Old 11-03-2006, 04:21 AM
Sage Icon

Yep, used with a PACE 4000 while I still had it, worked a treat. No idea what the format is, I just downloaded it from the forums here somewhere and used it for most of the past year, worked perfectly.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Are you using a USB UIRT?
Old 11-03-2006, 05:58 AM
Sage Icon

I was, yes.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

When I was saying 'Pace', I might not have been tellin gthe whole truth! It's not made by Pace. NTL have got other companies making them now. Maybe there's a quirk in the new box that's causing this.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Sage Icon

Then you need to find out who makes it and look for one of those IR files!
Old 11-06-2006, 02:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

File to allow ir control of NTL cable boxes

Edit: I've tried this and it works well. I've attached the file to this post. (Remove the .txt off of the end. I don't remember the full path where the file should go but it is under 'common' in your save folder somwhere.)

I've gone one step better! I'm made up an RC5 file. The USBUIRT automayically handles these code including all the flipping bit stuff. I got the actual codes from remotecentral.com. My mated says that this new file works a treat. Problem is that the file is at work (Well, I am in my last week at Motorola and I don't really have much better to do!). I'll attach it to this post when I get into work this morning. Would it be a good idea to create a new folder in the download section for these .ir files?
Attached Files
File Type: txt PACE1.ir.txt (363 Bytes, 329 views)

Last edited by motobarsteward; 11-08-2006 at 08:35 AM. Reason: added working file