SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Sage User

PLAY DVD not working - Help

OK, I have spent about 3 hrs tring to get the PLAY DVD to work and no luck. I have searched the forums and did not find anything that helped.

I have Intervideo V6 and it works great!
Everything in Sage wroks great except playing DVD or Importing DVD (HardDisk DVD's) They all say 0 mins. When I play a DVD ROM, i get a black screen and maybe a 1/2 sec of play back then a fatal AV and sage shuts down (Error iviaudio.ax) Not sure where to go. I have tried changing the DVD Audio and Video Decoders/Encoders to both Intervideo and CyberLink and they all act the same (I am shutting down and re-starting the Sage TV Server each time). Any suggestions would be appricated. I am a registered (Paid for it) Sage TV customer. I am using Hauppauge PVR-250 as my tuner and it works great. Recorded shows work great, even Google Video's work great!.

Thanks In Advance.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Sage User

OK, I got SAGE to play the video (Needed newer Codec), and I can play Harddisk DVD' also. No luck on playing Harddisk DVD's with Placeshifter.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrookfield
OK, I got SAGE to play the video (Needed newer Codec), and I can play Harddisk DVD' also. No luck on playing Harddisk DVD's with Placeshifter.
As far as I know, DVD playback is not supported in Placeshifter.
TV Storage: 11 TB (4x1.5TB for recording, 5TB for archive)
Clients: 3
SageTV Extenders:5
Old 11-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidget
As far as I know, DVD playback is not supported in Placeshifter.
Correct. And, v6.0.13 should now give an appropriate error message to that effect (item 2 for the Placeshifter Updates in the v6.0.13 release notes).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Sage User

Yes, Just upgraded to .13 version and you are correct. Sorry that I did not figure that out sooner. I have to ask why it is not supported If it is harddisk DVD? I really like the program and hope to contribute to the group in the future. I will try and research my issues better before I jump the gun and ask for help.

Again thank you

Bill B
Old 11-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I have to ask why it is not supported If it is harddisk DVD?
The Placeshifter client simply does not have any DVD decoder/playback ability for handling the menus & so on that a DVD would require. (And, no I can't answer any questions about the future.)

You could try importing the VOBs in a separate dir (instead of in a DVD folder structure) & playing them in sequence via a video playlist.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Sage User

Well, I am able to play a ripped VOB file, but it only plays 2 mins and 17 seconds. I have tried other VOB files and they all limit to about 2 minutes. I moved the VOB files into a non-dvd structure folder as you sugested, but no luck. I was really hoping to get my harddisk DVD's to play. I do not need the menus and I understand the FF & RW are only for the current VOB file, put putting them together in a playlist would be a workable solution. I saw that someone back a couple of versions ago created a DvdPlayList.jar , MXL file to add menu options, but it appeared to be only an older version STV. GOt to say, that Sage is awsome and I will be learning me some STUDIO soon.

Cheers,

Bill B
Old 11-03-2006, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

If you're on a LAN, SageClient plays DVDs great.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Sage User

Still do no know why the VOB's only run for 2 Mins. If they would play for their actual times, I would just build play lists and be happy.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Since it is happening with the beta, save your log (sagetv_0.txt) from a time when it happens & file a bug report to see what SageTV suggests.

- Andy
Old 11-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Sage User

OK, Filed a Bug report and sent the log file. Find it interesting that the Imported Harddisk DVD's play fine, but I cannot play a individual VOB. Also that the Playing time for the Hardisk DVD's say 0 rather then the 2 hrs that the movie actually is. I also downloaded the trial of Intervideo WinDVD 7 (I might just buy it) to get the latest Intervideo DVD decoders and they now great. I was hoping thewy might resolve the 2 min VOB issue, but no luck. I also tried the new SAGE Client and get this error when I try to play an imported Harddisk DVD

THere was a Playback error in Playback. Details:
Sage.PlaybackException: Error(-3.0x80070057);
There was a problem accessing the filesystem for playback.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-03-2006, 11:34 PM
SageTVaholic

The client needs to see the DVD at the exact same path the server does.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Sage User

I thought that the Sage TV Service was just going to stream it. Does this mean that the client plays the Harddisk DVD through a network share? So if I setup a network Share and have both the SageTv and the Sage Client both refer to the DVD folder via it's share name, then it will work.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I thought that the Sage TV Service was just going to stream it.
Some formats, such as DVD, cannot be streamed via the server to SageTVClient, so the client would need to access such files directly.

Quote:
Does this mean that the client plays the Harddisk DVD through a network share? So if I setup a network Share and have both the SageTv and the Sage Client both refer to the DVD folder via it's share name, then it will work.
Yes. You can change the video import directory to use a UNC path or a mapped drive. If you are using service mode, you'll need to use UNC paths and have the service log in as a user w/a password & that user will need permission to access the network path. Oh, and of course the client needs permission to access it too.

- Andy
Old 11-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Sage User

OK, I understand that to get the full DVD feature set You would need access to the folder. BUT.. Why can I play a VOB as a media file (A least I can play 2 mins of a VOB, my original issue) but I cannot string them together in a play list and play them one after another (Understanding I loose Menus and other DVD Navigation features). Seems that the RAW MPG2 and audio in the VOB can be streamed, just that SAGE does not know how long it is without the Other files in the VIDEO_TS folder. Am I on the correct path here. I have read posts that others have been able to create play lists with VOB files, I just have not be able to do it.