SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Using Serial Modem to Update Guide

I tried asking this question in the Hardware section with no replies. Can someone provide an answer to how you get the HTPC to wake from S1 and the modem to auto dial and update the guide. For now I do it manually.

Original Link: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20897
XP SP1A; Sage V5.04; ; IN-WIN BT611T Case, custom full height conversion; Asus A7N8X VM/400; AthlonXP 2000, Palomino Core; Thermaltake Volcano 12 heatsink w/ sucking 80mm squirrel-cage fan, Zalman Fan-Mate on 5V, min setting; PNY 512MB PC2700; Gigabyte 7600 fanless, 256MB; 2 x Samsung Spinpoint 250GB; 3 x PVR250MCE; 3 x Hughes E8 OTA HD downconverters; External Fortron 400W Silent w/Performance-PCs.com extension cables; modified ZM-MC1 to 7V & 5V; Evercool 60 & 80mm fans @ 7V; StreamZap Remote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

If I remember correctley, S1 is only a 'shallow' sleep. If you schedule a task to do this using the task scheduler, then it should wake up and do it. You'll need to write a small .bat file for the scheduler to call. A complete description of how to do this can be found in the wiki in the sections concerned with setting up the UK EPG (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9340). I did actually get mine working from S3 (Hibernate) by setting a 'wake time' in the bios about 5 minutes before the scheduled task was due to run. The action of your grabber trying to access the internet should start up your dial up connection. I also feel duty bound to point out that my xmltv file is over 30Meg in size. This may take some time download with dialup. The last line of by bat file was to call a command line utility to put the machine back into hibernation. I think it was call Slawdog smart shutdown. The classic version was free, I think. I did this becasue I had to set the screen saver timeout so long for the download that the machine would never go back to sleep.