SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wireless MVP Causing Sage to Skip.

I have SageTV machine setup and running quite well, having few glitches but its manageable. I purchased a wireless MVP and finally got it working. The only problem is when someone watches the MVP and someone else is watching the main Sage machine it causes the Sage computer to skip. I looked at my processor usage and it is maxed out. I have a 2.8Ghz Celeron with 512 mb RAM.

Is this expected or do I need to upgrade my PC to support the MVP better?

Does a wired MVP use less horsepower than the wireless? I'm looking at adding more to my system, but I doubt to MVP's would work connected to this machine.

Also to note, when I connect using my laptop client I get zero skip on either the client or the server. My record settings are set in the middle to better setting (forget what the actual setting is).
Old 11-07-2006, 06:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Could you verify if the SageTVTranscoder is running when this happens? Watching transcoded shows use much more cpu.

_Demo_
Old 11-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividweb
Does a wired MVP use less horsepower than the wireless? I'm looking at adding more to my system, but I doubt to MVP's would work connected to this machine.
Seems to me that wired/wireless is transparent to the server PC. The wireless-specific computation/data-chucking is done by your Wireless Router/Access Point with no penality to the server.