SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Vbox Cat's Eye 3560 stopped working after scanning for channels

I should've learned my lesson. I should know by now that once I get SageTV working properly, I should leave well enough alone. The HD recording bits are sooo easy to screw up and nearly impossible to fix, once they're screwed.

I have two PVR-150 SD cards, a FusionHDTV3+, and a Cat's Eye Vbox 3560. I had it all working perfectly. I did NOT scan for available channels, initially -- I just took what downloaded and all was well. The downloaded list doesn't mention KNVAHD, even though I should be able to get it. I tried mapping it manually but didn't get anything (no signal). Then I told the FusionHDTV3+ to scan for available channels. It found KNVAHD, plus all the missing "sideband" channels. Now, whenever Sage chooses the Fusion card, life is good. When it chooses the Cat's Eye, I get no signal on any HD channel.

I've tried removing the cat's eye and rebooting. I've tried removing both the HD sources (from Sage) and rebooting. I've done a cold reboot. I've tried scanning with the Cat's Eye.

Life would be good again, I guess, if I could just get back to where I was. I can't even do that, because there's no way that I know of to get Sage to forget the dogforsaken scanned channels list and go back to the downloaded one. I'm so ticked off right now, I could (and did) scream. I *just* rebuilt the whole box, from scratch, to fix something that just magically stopped working and caused sage to BSOD my box over and over again during any HD recording. I know the problem's not hardware, because everything was working fine after the rebuild. Now, after 4 days of functionality, Sage has once again lost its tiny little mind again.

I'll file a support ticket with Sage, in addition to this posting, but last time I tried that, the support guy was spectacularly unhelpful and a little bit rude. I don't look forward to repeating that experience.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cord,

Old thread but how did you fix this?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

Not sure if it helps, but there is (or was) a pretty specific method for un-installing the vbox drivers. I have it at home, so I could post it tonight if you want.

FWIW, I had spotty results letting sage scan for channels. I got a channel list from antenna web and checked them all manually using the signal strength utility that came with the vbox tuners. Once I verified reception I just installed the tuner and set the channels up manually.

HTH

Jesse
HD300 X1
Old 01-20-2008, 02:13 PM

Vbox 3650 driver uninstall

Not sure if it helps, but there is (or was) a pretty specific method for un-installing the vbox drivers. I have it at home, so I could post it tonight if you want.

Jesse:

I am interested in the method for uninstalling vbox drivers. I've been having trouble with my Vbox 3650.