SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage has experienced a critical error and must close

I keep getting this error with version 6 and I never got this before. When I get this error, Sage is still running and I can still use it, but I have the error box on top of my screen. Once I click the close button on the box it will close Sage. Another problem I keep getting is World Of Warcraft will crash after I updated to version 6. I do understand how this would affect a game, but I did make an image of my system before I upgraded Sage. I have restored that image and both Sage and WOW work great. I then upgrade to Sage and start getting both Sage and WOW crashing. The only thing I have done different with Sage is I am not using any plugins with the new version and I am running it in full screen only mode, which I believe is now supported. I am going to open a bug report to Sage, just wondered if anyone else is having a similar problem. Chad
Old 11-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I am running it in full screen only mode
If you're referring to full screen exclusive mode, I'd bet that's your problem. Many games run in that mode and there could be a conflict.

Mike
Old 11-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I agree, but Sage is getting the error even when the game is not running. When I do run the game Sage is shutdown to the system tray. I do not mind even exiting Sage from the system tray if that will fix the game problem, but my main concern was Sage getting the error. This happens almost everytime I am done watching a show Sage recorded, it then brings me to the list of other shows I have recorded, then when I scroll I get the error in Sage. I have not gotten the Sage error from just watching a show. It has only happened when I am useing the menu. Chad
Old 11-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I get the same error, intermittantly when I use the menu.