SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Sage Icon

New Streamzap software (version 1.3 updated November 25 2006)

Hello All,

I finally managed to make a replacement software for the Streamzap PC Remote. With it you can really configure your Streamzap button to your liking for all applications. It is specifically intended for those who are expecting a little more for the Streamzap without resorting to using Girder (man I really find this software really complex).

So among other things you will be able to :

* create more than one remote profile for matching applications (window title and or window class name)
* assign each button an action to do (sending keystrokes, messages, app command and so on)
* nice transparent OSD for volume
* menu system wiht OSD for having keys with more than one function (donators only)
* OSD for multipress keys (tap one it does one thing, tap twice it does another thing).

You can download and read about it on my web site.

License : Donationware

Note : you still need the streamzap 2.9.6 driver. To revert to the default Streamzap software all you have to do is to quit my utility.

Best Regards,
Stéphane.

Last edited by StephaneM; 11-24-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just came across your app while searching for streamzap ideas. Sounds exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for taking the time to develop it.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdcknsn
I just came across your app while searching for streamzap ideas. Sounds exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for taking the time to develop it.
Thanks, I'll issue an updated version soon, I found three little bugs :

* Double keypress issue with FastForward and Rewind buttons when repeat rate of Streamzap buttons is high (it does it too with Volume Up and Down but I was taking care of this one). Now you'll have the ability to turn on or turn off this feature for those buttons (Vol+ / Vol- / FastForward / Rewind)

* Unmuting volume (directly with the application or by other means) is causing a brief CPU spike in the software

* The default profile was created with Volume Up doing Volume Down (so you must edit the default profile for changing this)

And I'll add two new actions :

* Play a sound (wav file)
* Shutdown computer (Shutdown, Suspend, Hibernate or Restart)

It should be out in a couple of days.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to AtomicPenguin
This is exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks for taking the time and initiative to develop it.

One question...

With this utility, do the buttons on the remote have their default assigned action (from the Streamzap software) until you go in and edit them?

I can't wait to give this tool a whirl later tonight.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicPenguin
With this utility, do the buttons on the remote have their default
No, when you run my software it replace completely what the buttons on the Streamzap do (if you shut it down, then your Streamzap will go back to its default associations).

The first time you launch my software, you have one default remote profile and it does this :

* Power button : send a close message to the active window
* Volume Up / Down / Mute : increase / decrease volume by 5 points or mute the volume and display the volume OSD (also open the profile editor and change the Volume Up action as it errouneously makes the volume down).
* Channel Up / Channel Down / Play / Pause / Stop / Record / SkipBackward / SkipForward / Rewind / FastForward : send a WM_APPCOMMAND message to the default application, so multimedia players should hande them well (at least SageTV should)
* Up / Down / Left / Right : Arrow keys
* Ok : Enter
* Menu : no action assigned
* Exit : WM_APPCOMMAND for "Browser Backward" (so it should work in SageTV)
* One ..... Nine : 1 ..... 9
* Red / Green / Yellow / Blue : no action assigned.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Updated : November 14 2006

I just uploaded the version 1.1

What's new :

* Added shutdown action
* Added playsound action
* Fixed double keypress option for volume up / down / fast forward / rewind
* Fixed mute cpu spike

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Installed the new version last night and did a semi-config on it. So far works great. I am still working on getting the configuration correct. But so far it works great. Thank you.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdcknsn
But so far it works great. Thank you.
Thanks,

Stay tuned, I'll add a mouse mode soon (in a week or two).

However it will not be the same as the original Streamzap driver : instead of pressing multiple time the arrows button to move the mouse pointer, the mouse pointer will move all alone and you'll be able to change direction and speed by pressing the arrow keys. I'll do this because when you use a Harmony remote to replace the Streamzap the original mouse mode is not usable at all: mouse pointer moves erratically because of the lag induced by the Harmony. So the idea was to reduce the number of button press you have to do on the remote to mouve the mouse pointer.

But, if you are not using a Harmony or other universal remote, you'll be able to map the arrows button on the remote to mouse move (so you'll be able to build your own "mouse mode").

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Sage User

This is amazing. Thank you so much for making this! I can't wait to try it out.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Sage Icon

Updated : November 25 2006

I've just uploaded version 1.3

What's new

* you can select profile by executable name
* online profile database where you can upload your profiles and download profiles submitted by other users. You'll have to describe your profile a little (like what non obvious buttons are doing). For downloading a profile you have to be a donator though.

Also pay attention to two things :

* the profiles.xml in c:\document and settings\all users\lm gestion\lm remote keymap will be updated by version 1.3 and as such you'll not be able to downgrade to 1.2 or older (so back it up just in case)

* the x10net.dll for the Firefly is now excluded in the installer, so when you'll remove the previous version it will certainly unregister this dll and installing version 1.3 will not fix this : so you may have to reinstall your Firefly drivers (use the download link for the drivers on my web site).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Sage Icon

Hello All,

For those who downloaded the version 1.7 before the 25 december, the Firefly and Streamzap edition download links were swapped. So you ended up downloading the wrong edition. I have fixed the download links so you can download the right edition (donators version were unaffected though).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:50 PM

Has anyone figured out how to foreground SageTV? I can't get the foreground functions to work correctly.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhy
I can't get the foreground functions to work correctly.
The "automatic foreground" feature will work only if :

* You created a profile for SageTV
* In this profile you use the "Window Class" or "Title" for finding SageTV (you must NOT use the "Executable name") and checked the "Automatically bring window to foreground" check box.
* You forced LM Remote KeyMap into this profile by using the "ChangeProfile" action in the default profile. For instance, in the default profile for the "TV" button assign a "ChangeProfile" action and choose the "SageTV" profile and assign a "LaunchApplication" to launch SageTV (Also do not forget to add a "ChangeProfile" action on the "Power" button to change the profile to the default profile when exiting SageTV)

So basically with this feature you tell LM Remote KeyMap that you will use excusively SageTV from the time you press on the "TV" button, until you press the "Power" button and as such it can bring the SageTV window to the foreground.

You can also do it in a different way, for instance you may only want the "Play" and "Pause" button to work exclusively with SageTV (whatever application is in the foreground). To do this you can use the "FindWindow" action with "SendMessage" action or "Foreground" action in the "Play" and "Pause" button in the default profile. But it's a trickier setup and may not be what you want to do.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Sage User

Question Streamzap On and Off

I purchased a streamzap to control my Sage Client. I am generally satisfied with the default commands. However, I want to be able to push one button to turn it off and on. I have dedicated one of the colored keys to launch sage but can't find a way to exit the app.

I downloaded the LM software. However, the LM default setup does not address these two issues. Moreover, I find the Streamzap software to be better than the "default" LM setup.

I see that you can completely program each key but don't want to figure out and program every single key.

Is there a simply way to add this functionality to either the streamzap or the LM replacement??
Old 01-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbowser
I purchased a streamzap to control my Sage Client. I am generally satisfied with the default commands. However, I want to be able to push one button to turn it off and on. I have dedicated one of the colored keys to launch sage but can't find a way to exit the app.
The "Power" button on the remote should close SageTV either in my software or the default Streamzap software.

Quote:
However, the LM default setup does not address these two issues. Moreover, I find the Streamzap software to be better than the "default" LM setup.
In the default profile of my software the "Power" button is set to close any applications. However the default profile is a default basic profile so you have to customize the default profile and create a profile for SageTV (and other softwares you want to use with your Streamzap).

Quote:
I see that you can completely program each key but don't want to figure out and program every single key.
If you don't want to figure out each key you can make a donation and you'll be able to access the profiles online database where you can pick up a profile for SageTV

Quote:
Is there a simply way to add this functionality to either the streamzap or the LM replacement??
With the default streamzap software you cannot do anything more than what you did : assign the "Red" button to launch SageTV and use the "Power" button to close it (you may have to choose the right option for the "Power" button as it can be set up to shutdown your PC).

In my software this is somehow similar :

* Assign the "Red" button to launch SageTV
* Create a "SageTV" profile
* In the "SageTV" profile assign the "Red" button to close SageTV (but personally I wouldn't choose the same button to launch and close)
* In the "SageTV" profile modify the buttons that doesn't do anything or you want to change (from the default profile).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the prompt reply, I will check it out.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Sage User

SageTV Placeshifter

Does the donation version have a profile for SageTV Placeshifter?

-thanx
Old 01-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclayer
Does the donation version have a profile for SageTV Placeshifter?
There are currently two SageTV Placeshifter and one SageTV profiles (mine) for the Streamzap remote (there are SageTV profiles for the Firefly and Firefly Mini also).

If you get any problems with these profiles, you can always ask for help here to improve your profile.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Im sorry, In retrospect this post was a little more abrasive than I had meant, It was a result of a long day of dealing with bad people, Therefor I appologize for any one I have offended by the Pre-edited post.

Last edited by traker1001; 03-11-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by traker1001 View Post
I can understand wanting people to pay for your stuff, However aren't you kinda leading people on saying donation ware? Basically What I see is a limited version with a much better version available and profiles if you "Donate", This by all definition is shareware.
You see it the way you want. This is for me really a donation ware, because:

* you are not forced to make a donation
* you can really donate exactly what you want
* there is only some extra features if you donate but these features are not preventing you for using the software for what it is designed to do.

My own experience with donations is that if you don't offer some extra for the donation, then you receive no donations at all. So I try to do my best to find some intecive features and with the donations I can buy hardwarde / software to keep up making softwares.

Quote:
Someone please tell me im wrong, The only reason I go off in this tangent is because I thought maybe this might be a viable alternative to the girder setup i was going to try and save me some time and improve my streamzap remote, however I really end up wasting my time in the long run and cant even try these profiles without ponying up money.
From my point of view yes it's a real alternative for Girder, and you can invest time into it if you want to customize your Streamzap. The extra features are not needed at all for this (Downloading profiles submitted by other users, Mouse Mode / Menu Mode / Nav Mode : thoses are really conveniences features that won't cost you 40$ ).

Quote:
My point is... I wish when people created said "Doantion ware" they would put it on the front page of there website, You can access this and this and this for free, but your missing out on this and this and this unless you "donate".
I don't understand it's cleary advertised in the "How to use it" page on my web site.

Regards,
Stéphane.