SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 04:17 PM

I am in the same boat.

Im in the same boat as aukauk. I am getting the same error when trying to use the drag and drop batch file and I am experiencing the same problems. What threw me off was I initially installed everything into the Sagetv dir and not the sagetv\sagetv dir. That cleared up my initial problems importing the STVi's but I still have something going on.

I should add that when I go to the "other programs" page its blank no matter what. I am going to follow Aukauk's posting and the replies to it and try to work it out since the errors are so close, before I start uploading log files.

Jason

Last edited by Jason.McDaniel; 08-01-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukauk View Post

When I drag and drop an mpg file on C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\single_dvd_dragNdrop.bat, it fails like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>cd "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV"

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV>perl2dvd.exe "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV" "G:
\WiVo1\Sage\ABC7News-301382-0.mpg" "ABC7News-301382-0" "" ""
Staring in easy dvd mode
Sagedir : C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV
Video[0] : G:\WiVo1\Sage\ABC7News-301382-0.mpg
Title[0] : ABC7News-301382-0
Episode[0] :
Description[0] :
Setting logfile = G:\WiVo1\Sage\ABC7News-301382-0.mpg.dvd.log
No file given
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\gm.exe composite: Unable to open file (C
:\sageOthers\C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\.burn_i.jpg) [Invalid argum
ent].
Died at script/perl2dvd.pl line 1171.

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I went back to the begining of the thread just to try to find anything that might help and came across an old post by larryf that I had read 100 times but this time I thought I would try it. He said that in the perl2dvd advanced preferences he changed the wait for edl file from 3 to 0 which is from always to never.

I did that and now the drag and drop batch file is working.

Its making the jpg and shortcut in the sageothers dir and its making the qdvd file in that folder as well. Its just not doing anything other than that. When I go to otherprograms there is nothing there just a blue blank screen. So i'm getting closer!

I just went in under global options or settings and set Dirmon2 to come on when I boot up. It wasn't set up so that is going now. Everything is working like it should except the "Other Programs" shows nothing. I can go in and watch the directories and it will process them and I can burn the resulting img file to dvd and it works just great. Nice dvd menu's too! But I am getting no status or anything on the other programs menu. I will continue to follow the thread hopefully get this going here by the weekend. I have been going over the jbarr and larryf posts from the beginning of the thread and they seem to be pointing in the right direction.

Jason

Last edited by Jason.McDaniel; 08-01-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Sage User

Ok, I just changed the wait for edl file from 3 to 0 (from always to never) in the perl2dvd advanced preferences, as Jason did, and now the drag and drop batch file is working for me too, and I used IMGburn to make my first DVD! I noticed some error warnings though in the DOS window. I've attached the ABC7News-301382-0.mpg.work_files.zip that was created during the drag-n-drop.

Like Jason, though, SageTV is still not doing any DVD burning through the Other menu (which I've renamed DVD Burning). Some help would be great.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ABC7News-301382-0.mpg.work_files.zip (168.8 KB, 227 views)
Old 08-03-2007, 01:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukauk View Post
Ok, I just changed the wait for edl file from 3 to 0 (from always to never) in the perl2dvd advanced preferences, as Jason did, and now the drag and drop batch file is working for me too, and I used IMGburn to make my first DVD! I noticed some error warnings though in the DOS window. I've attached the ABC7News-301382-0.mpg.work_files.zip that was created during the drag-n-drop.

Like Jason, though, SageTV is still not doing any DVD burning through the Other menu (which I've renamed DVD Burning). Some help would be great.

Thanks.
I wouldn't worry to much about the warnings/errors as most of that is ffmpeg or mencoder being verbose and dramatic.

As for the Other Programs menu problems, is this a burning problem or a problem where you schedule a DVD and it doesn't even make an image?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 08-03-2007, 01:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.McDaniel View Post
Everything is working like it should except the "Other Programs" shows nothing.
Can send your SageTV.properties file to perl2dvd(at)gmail.com?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 08-03-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Can send your SageTV.properties file to perl2dvd(at)gmail.com?
Will do when I get home from work. Thanks for the help!

Jason
Old 08-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Jobs fail (most of the time..)

Hi,

I installed the Plugin and after a couple of tries managed to burn 2 DVDs.

But most of the jobs I created failed (red indicator in Other Programs).
The job itself is created and picked up be dirmon but right after it started the log shows the following error

Code:
Could not find I:\dvdburn\SpongeBob Schwammkopf - Wo die Liebe hinfällt - Meerjungfraumann  Blaubarsch-Bube Der Film(5).dvdList.0.WorkFolder\SpongeBobSchwammkopf-EinneuesLebenSchneckenwahnsinn-5620448-0.2dvd.mpg
I tried serveral times with different shows and pretty much always get the same error

Hope somebody can help.

thx

Martin
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (16.7 KB, 202 views)
Main System: Athlon X2 +3800, Asus A8N-E, 4GB RAM, 1x 200GB SATA, 3x 400GB SATA, 1x 500GB SATA, Geforce 7600GT, 1x Hauppauge PVR500, 1x Hauppauge PVR150, SageTV 6.2.4, XMLTV+Clickfinder to XMLTV, Windows XP Pro
Bedroom: Hauppauge MVP
Old 08-03-2007, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.McDaniel View Post
Will do when I get home from work. Thanks for the help!

Jason
No, I was looking for the sage properties file (sage.properties I think), not the perldvd.pref file. I want to check your STVi info

Old 08-03-2007, 05:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltraud View Post
Hi,

I installed the Plugin and after a couple of tries managed to burn 2 DVDs.

But most of the jobs I created failed (red indicator in Other Programs).
The job itself is created and picked up be dirmon but right after it started the log shows the following error

Code:
Could not find I:\dvdburn\SpongeBob Schwammkopf - Wo die Liebe hinfällt - Meerjungfraumann  Blaubarsch-Bube Der Film(5).dvdList.0.WorkFolder\SpongeBobSchwammkopf-EinneuesLebenSchneckenwahnsinn-5620448-0.2dvd.mpg
I tried serveral times with different shows and pretty much always get the same error

Hope somebody can help.

thx

Martin
This plug-in isn't very, how shall I phrase it, worldly and can't handle non-english charactors reliably. This is something i'm aware of and really hope to fix in the future. Sorry

edit: also there's a path charactor limit that sometimes get exceeded.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
No, I was looking for the sage properties file (sage.properties I think), not the perldvd.pref file. I want to check your STVi info
Well duh. I got in a hurry and got confused. I will send that file pronto.

Jason
Old 08-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
As for the Other Programs menu problems, is this a burning problem or a problem where you schedule a DVD and it doesn't even make an image?
It doesn't even make an image. When I click on Burn to Video DVD it creates a shortcut and a jpg in my C:\sageOthers folder, but doesn't create a .qdvd file in my C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\qdvd Folder folder (yes, the name of the folder is "qdvd Folder"). I think this is failing because the programs are looking in the wrong folders for the files that are being created, but I don't know how to redirect them to the correct folders. I see paths in perl2dvd.pref, and I attached the files that I think are related in a zip in my previous post (with screen shots). I see comments in there, but I'm not savvy enough to confidently interpret them.

FYI, I've progressed using Jason's advice with dragNdrop bat file and ImgBurn as a work around, so I know those programs work if called upon.

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-04-2007, 05:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This plug-in isn't very, how shall I phrase it, worldly and can't handle non-english charactors reliably. This is something i'm aware of and really hope to fix in the future. Sorry
I wait in anticipation

Quote:
edit: also there's a path charactor limit that sometimes get exceeded.
Switched of "Include Episode Names in Filenames". I'll check if it makes a difference.

Thx for the help
Main System: Athlon X2 +3800, Asus A8N-E, 4GB RAM, 1x 200GB SATA, 3x 400GB SATA, 1x 500GB SATA, Geforce 7600GT, 1x Hauppauge PVR500, 1x Hauppauge PVR150, SageTV 6.2.4, XMLTV+Clickfinder to XMLTV, Windows XP Pro
Bedroom: Hauppauge MVP
Old 08-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi EvilPenguin,

Any thoughts on my issue outlined in http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=219 ?

Thanks!
-Jay
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 08-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

Penguin -

Just installed the DVD burning STVi, but can't see to get it to fire off a qdvd file. I think I have everything installed where it needs to be. Using the sage server to schedule and transcode, another to burn.

From this:
---- add2DVDQ preferences ----
Path to store mutlifile dvdlist's=C:\sageOthers

it appears that if I tag some videos to create a multi dvd, then I should be getting some files in this directory. I'm not getting any sign that anything is actually happening when I tag a file for a single or multi dvd.

How do I troubleshoot this issue - qdvd files aren't being created?

thanks

Matt
Old 08-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Sage Icon

With the objective of not distracting evilpenquin from working on his upcoming version, here's an update of the stvi that fixes the missing Burn to DVD button in SageTV 6.2.6

John
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV_DVD_Burning_stvi.zip (18.4 KB, 334 views)
Old 08-17-2007, 05:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks John!

Old 08-17-2007, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
With the objective of not distracting evilpenquin from working on his upcoming version, here's an update of the stvi that fixes the missing Burn to DVD button in SageTV 6.2.6

John
There is more then that missing I do not see the Compress Video button??
Old 08-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
There is more then that missing I do not see the Compress Video button??
That comes from the Auto Compress import.

Forgot that I hadn't put the updated version of that up on the download site

John
Old 08-18-2007, 08:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post

John
Hour did your fix it? Just wondering if the same fix could work for the Sage MC version.

Erik
Old 08-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadErik View Post
Hour did your fix it? Just wondering if the same fix could work for the Sage MC version.
What's the problem with the SageMC version?
What version of SageMC?
I did post a fix for some stuff (can't remember exactly what the problem was) over here.

John
Closed Thread