SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Sage User

How do you clear unused icons from "other programs"

I have several icon thumnails left over in my "other programs". They all have yellow markers. When I click on them nothing happens. How can I delete them?

Mike
Old 08-21-2007, 08:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcap View Post
I have several icon thumnails left over in my "other programs". They all have yellow markers. When I click on them nothing happens. How can I delete them?

Mike
You'll need to delete them manually through windows.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 08-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Sage Icon

I did not see this is the thread, but admitedly I did not read every post.

If I recorde to a standard DVD format, does this plugin re-encode the video before burning? I was under the impression that it does not need to be re-encoded if it is stored in DVD format from the beginning.

Does removing commercials affect this in anyway?

thanks,
Old 08-24-2007, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I did not see this is the thread, but admitedly I did not read every post.

If I recorde to a standard DVD format, does this plugin re-encode the video before burning? I was under the impression that it does not need to be re-encoded if it is stored in DVD format from the beginning.

Does removing commercials affect this in anyway?

thanks,
You are correct, if the show is already in DVD format and there is room on the disc then the show will not be re-encoded. And no, commercial cutting does not have any affect on this (except to make it easier to fit onto the disc).

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 08-24-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Sage User

Sage DVD Burning NOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.McDaniel View Post
Will do when I get home from work. Thanks for the help!

Jason
Hey guys, I hope you figured out how to fix the qdvd problem. If so, would you share it with the rest of us? The problem is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukauk View Post
When I click on Burn to Video DVD it creates a shortcut and a jpg in my C:\sageOthers folder, but doesn't create a .qdvd file in my C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\qdvd Folder folder (yes, the name of the folder is "qdvd Folder"). I think this is failing because the programs are looking in the wrong folders for the files that are being created, but I don't know how to redirect them to the correct folders. I see paths in perl2dvd.pref, and I attached the files that I think are related in a zip in my previous post (with screen shots). I see comments in there, but I'm not savvy enough to confidently interpret them.
Evan
Old 09-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Sage User

just wanted to say that i think this is a great stvi. i do have a couple questions/concerns though. i've only burned one disc using your plugin, but the audio on the disc was out of sync (tried to play both on a pc and standalone dvd player = same result). is there a setting or fix or workaround for this? also, after the imgburn burns the disc, it doesn't seem to give the focus back to sage. well, actually sage is minimized and does not return to fullscreen. is there a way to get it to go back to fullscreen without using the mouse. i would love to just be able to use my remote.

in case it helps, here's my info: using sage 6.2 with latest java. sdtv recorded at standard dvd or long play dvd. not sure what else would be relevant.

thanks for the help.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Sage Expert

I have not been able to get the Burn DVD to come up in the options menu. Any thoughts? I am using the default STV but I did have SageMC installed at 1 time.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevine View Post
I have not been able to get the Burn DVD to come up in the options menu. Any thoughts? I am using the default STV but I did have SageMC installed at 1 time.
Try this version from earlier in the thread.

John
Old 09-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Try this version from earlier in the thread.

John
Thank, John. Try it when home again.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Sage Expert

That worked. Thank you much. I will now continue with the remaining instructions.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, I'm in the process of updating my install/usage instructions and I accidently deleted some of the old ones . So rather than recreate them I just disabled the downloads until everything gets sorted out. Sorry!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

This is something I am looking for so are you going to make this avaliable again soon?

Thank you
Bill
Old 10-09-2007, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Once everything is up and working in SageMC (very soon!) i'll start looking at porting over (at least) the DVD burning.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Once everything is up and working in SageMC (very soon!) i'll start looking at porting over (at least) the DVD burning.
Cool .. I can't wait.

I am using SageMC so it'll be great to see it ported over too!

Bill
Old 10-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Sage User

I hope it gets done this weekend, as we just transition the entire media center from beyond and media portal to Sagetv MC, but we have no ability to burn DVDs from Sage, and my girlfreind is getting cranky
Old 10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by warwon View Post
I hope it gets done this weekend, as we just transition the entire media center from beyond and media portal to Sagetv MC, but we have no ability to burn DVDs from Sage, and my girlfreind is getting cranky
Hey, I hope so too. My girlfriend is getting cranky that i'm spending all my time working on this

Although, like I said before, the SageMC version of this will be done very soon, but the plug-in for the default STV will *not*.

If you're not familiar with SageMC I recommend taking a look. Its a full featured "skin" for SageTV that is the equal or better than the default one in many ways. I've been using it for years.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=141

Old 10-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Sage User

I installed that Sage MC skin as soon I test out Sagetv.

I placed my ordered after two days of testing Sagetv, and got rid of Beyondtv and Media Portal.

Now I have a small memory footprint for my Media Center, Windows XP machine, all happy.

I'm slowly installing good plugins, and now I"m justing waiting on the DVD
Old 11-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Sage User

It's been awhile since the last update. Is there any way I can at least get a copy of the older version of DVD burning?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

There were some more serious issue with the DVD code than I had originally thought. I need some time to really look at it and get it up to the high quality that the general compression code is at. All I can give you is i'm working on it and i'll release it when i'm happy with it.

As for the old version, well, hopefully it will never see the light of day ever again It was way too complicated to setup/use/maintain, the instructions were accidentally deleted, it hasn't been updated for the latest STV's, and I never even want to think about it ever again
Old 11-21-2007, 07:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
As for the old version, well, hopefully it will never see the light of day ever again It was way too complicated to setup/use/maintain, the instructions were accidentally deleted, it hasn't been updated for the latest STV's, and I never even want to think about it ever again
I agree that the instructions were hard to use/follow (I was never able to get it running, for whatever that's worth).

I appreciate your work on this. It'll be great to have this product out there; once you're happy with it.

Matt