SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
For the SageTV3 stv, you need to download version 2.0d2...
Hmm, just downloaded and tried 2.0d2 and that did not help either.

I extracted over the top of the existing one, reran the setup program, restarted SageTV service, ran SageTV, imported the STVi, still no burn to dvd menu.

dave
Old 03-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Sage User

You have to add the menu item using the Dynamic menu's stvi. Here are the instructions.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
You have to add the menu item using the Dynamic menu's stvi. Here are the instructions.
I followed that and it says that you can get to the burn dvd from the advanced options menu off the recording. This is what I don't get.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Sage User

Sorry, I misunderstood which menu you were looking for. I'm not sure what would cause the other not to appear.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
imported the STVi, still no burn to dvd menu.
Which Sage version are you using? -- this requires V6
Old 03-27-2007, 04:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Which Sage version are you using? -- this requires V6
The second to last 6.1.RC release.

Not sure if this matters, but my advanced menu is full of options, while the install picture shows just a few options. Not sure why mine has more options.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:16 AM
SageTVaholic

You are definately using SageTV3.XML as a base for your import?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You are definately using SageTV3.XML as a base for your import?
I'm pretty sure it is the .xml I'll double check tonight when I get home.

thanks,
Old 03-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I'm pretty sure it is the .xml I'll double check tonight when I get home.

thanks,
Yes I'm using SageTV3.xml
Old 03-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

After Burn Cleanup.

Once a DVD is done burning, the batch file that ran ImgBurn completes it's process, but there is a problem with it. The file "videoname.dvdlist.0.burn.bat" creates the file "videoname.dvdlist.0.burn.done", as the batch file is built to do, but then does some cleanup. One of the files it tries to delete is "videoname.dvdlist.0.autoburn.bat", which is the wrong filename. "auto" isn't part of the filename. Where might I be able to edit build properties the the batch file?

Sample batch file:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE ISOWRITE /SRC "C:\SageDVD\\Reign of the Gargoyles.dvdList.0.img"  /DEST "E:" /START /TEST NO /VERIFY YES /CLOSE /EJECT /ERASE /SPEED MAX /WAITFORMEDIA /DELETEIMAGE YES
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 1000 >NUL
if exist "C:\SageDVD\\Reign of the Gargoyles.dvdList.0.img" goto end
echo done > "C:\SageDVD\Reign of the Gargoyles.dvdList.0.burn.done"
del "C:\SageDVD\Reign of the Gargoyles.dvdList.0.burn.lnk"
del "C:\SageDVD\Reign of the Gargoyles.dvdList.0.burn.jpg"
del "C:\SageDVD\Reign of the Gargoyles.dvdList.0.autoburn.bat"
goto end
:end
Intel Skulltrail D5400XS, Dual Quad Core Xeon L5420, Windows Server 2012 R2 on 200Gb partition, 32Gb RAM, 8x WD 2Tb RE4 RAID6 on LSI 9690SA-8I (DVD/Blu-Ray), 2x 4Tb HDDs (TV), Colossus, 2x HD-PVR, HDHR3 Prime, DirectTV STB, USB-UIRT, Sage v2 v3 v4 v5 v6 v7.1.9, Java v1.6 build 45, 3 Placeshifter licenses, and 3 HD-300's.
Plugins: Phoenix API, PlayOn For SageTV, Comskip Playback, YouTube, Nielm's Sage Utiities
Software: PlayOn, ComSkip Monitor, ComSkip
Old 03-28-2007, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

I finally got my dev notebook back from the repair shop so I'll mess around with the latest versions of everything this weekend to make sure everything is still working properly.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 03-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Sage Icon

I took a look at my SageTV3-1.xml file and see that the Burn DVD items are there in it. This is also the STV that I am using.

Is there a way I can just short cut to these options with the dynamic menus?

I'm wondering if there just is not enough room in the advanced options window as on mine the entire menu is full. It has the watched, don't like, convert, etc items. The picture in the install shows half the window empty.

thanks,
David
Old 03-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybonez View Post
Hi --

I had the same issue with as you. I exited Sage and checked the Sage.properties file. The evilpenguin/dvd/enabled setting in Sage.properties was set to "false". I change the value to "true" and when I reopened Sage, the "burn to DVD" option was there.

After that, the utility worked flawlessly.

Good Luck,
Mattybonez
This fixed my problem also
Old 04-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to debennett2
Few problems. I have never used this stv before and am pretty new to Sage as well but:

1) Isn't this package suppose to include the Other_programs STV? It does not. I had to download it separately when downloading the latest version.

2) I went through the entire setup process step-by-step but am missing something here I think as I have the burn to dvd option available to me and I have installed the other_program menu item but I:

a) Have nothing in my "qdvd" folder which just so happens to be named "qdvd folder". Is that suppose to be like that?
b) I checked for "shortcut and a jpg in your sageOthers folder". There is no such folder to be found. Am I suppose to create this manually?
c) It says to drag a recording onto the "single_dvd_dragNdrop.bat". I don't have that anywhere.

Was the last release just a bad release or am I missing some critical step in all of this? Thanks so much for any help!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

I moved the alpha release to hidden to keep it from confusing people when they are downloading files. If anyone wants it for some reason, just wing me a PM.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 04-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

I finally got it all working. Here is what I found did not work according to the directions, maybe I read things wrong?

1. evilpenguin/dvd/enabled was set to false causing the burn DVD option to not appear.
2. dirmon2 was not automatically configured. I already had dirmon2 setup and configured to run comskip for me. I run it in service mode. Maybe this kept the setup program from configuring it for me?

After fixing these items it worked and the drag-N-drop .bat files worked also.

One question, is there a way to have it create the DVD file structure along with the .img file? I typically like to check out the DVD before burning it to disk.

Great plugin BTW.

thanks,
David
Old 04-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Sage User

SourceForge and Dragon Global Downloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
From now on the downloads will be hosted by the good people over at SourceForge.

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=181485

This is going to make developing much easier!
When I follow your SourceForge link, I get a download page showing these two files in an html table:

Quote:
Package Release (date) Filename Size (bytes) Downloads Architecture Type
Totals: 1 2 16259318 509
perl2dvd
Latest v2.0.1 Notes (2007-01-30 20:57)
SageMC_VideoTools_STVi_2_0_1a.xml Mirror 68824 208 Platform-Independent Other
SageMC_Video_Tools_v2_0_1a.zip Mirror 16190494 301 i386 Other
Clicking on the first one opens a window promising a download, but none results. The second one seems to deliver the intended file (should I assume my Athlon processor architecture is i386?). If the first one is not needed, can you take it off the download page? It looks like it might be the one I'm supposed to use, and I tried a half dozen possibilities to get it to download before giving up on it.

Also, maybe it's down temprarily, but clicking on the Dirmon2 link you provide opens a webpage offering these:

Quote:
DirMon2
Latest Stable Version
0.6.3 - 27 December 2006
Old Versions
etc.
and clicking on any of them produces an HTTP 404 Not Found error. If I go back to Dragon Global and follow the download links for Dirmon2, I can download DirMon2Setup.0.6.3.exe. Is this the file you intend to be used? Your instructions say to install Dirmon2, but not configure it, so I'm wary whether this .exe will do more than you intend.

Finally, I'm curious why you prefer that we all go and get a zip program I've never heard of rather than just use WinZip?

Thanks for your contribution, and patience with newbies like me. Don't know how you do it.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:24 AM
Sage User

Question Winzip vs Winrar for SageMC_Video_Tools_v2_0_1a.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi Dave,

I think the file is actually a 7zip file, so you need something like Winrar to extract it.

Dirk
I decided to try using Winzip, and it seems to work just fine. Here are text files showing the names of the files that were unzipped:
SMC1.txt
SMC_JARs1.txt
SMC_perl2DVD1.txt
SMC_qdvd1.txt
SMC_STVs1.txt

Can I trust files unzipped by Winzip?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukauk View Post
Can I trust files unzipped by Winzip?
No, if you want the right format you should use something else.

I prefer IZARC. It unzips any format.

John
Old 04-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

You can imagine my excitment! I've found your STVi, installed it, following the instructions. Ran through adding a load of video files. It all seems to work. I go to my 'Other Programs' and there's nothing there! poot!

I've look at the log file (dvdList.log) in the DVD folder and found that everything goes OK up util the point: -

gm = C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\perl2DVD\gm.exe
Full Path = \\netstore01\PUBLIC\(TV Recordings)\Kids\Shaun\Shaun the Sheep-Whos the Mummy and Fleeced.divx
ERROR - Video type not supported (yet)

The files I am trying to use are all divx. Do you not support this file format yet or is the message a Red Herring?

And another question. I am running this on a client. Why does it not like me having my temp folder on the C Drive? It actually raises an error when I try to write an mpeg2 to DVD. The error is :-

** ERROR **
Scrath path, C:\DVDtmp, is formated dangerouly. Please use a directory that isn't on the C drive, isn't a UNC path, and isn't the root of a drive

I only have one drive in my Sage Client, the C drive and there is no whay I can add another.

Last edited by motobarsteward; 04-10-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Closed Thread