SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
EP,

If you want to use a very good version of Mencoder the one that comes with mediacoder is constantly being optimized. It is also good for creating batchfiles etc...

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/index.htm
Wow, mediacoder is really great. I should be able to swipe some way better mencoder cli commands from it! Thanks for pointing that out to me

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 01-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
There have been a lot of people complaining about losing sync. I'll check that out this weekend.
Would some copies of my recording help in any way?? If so, let me know where I can upload one to, and I will get right on it.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12
Would some copies of my recording help in any way?? If so, let me know where I can upload one to, and I will get right on it.
Nah, I shouldn't need you to upload anything, but if you could go into your perl2dvd.advanced.profiles, enable saving log files to zip, make a new DVD, and post the resulting zip file it would help a ton

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 01-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Grooves12 are you capturing through the MT plugin? Ive had some recodings doing the same thing and running the recording through VideoRedo fixes them. Then I can encode the dvd.

Technazz
Old 01-05-2007, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Grooves12 are you capturing through the MT plugin? Ive had some recodings doing the same thing and running the recording through VideoRedo fixes them. Then I can encode the dvd.

Technazz
MT plugin?

Old 01-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Technazz
Yes, I am... what are you doing with video redo?? I don't do any compression to any of my recordings, just would like to burn them to DVD.

I saw in the thread for the original DVD burning mod (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17484) that it was capable of burning to DVD without transoding. Is that still the case, or is it forcing transcoding and that is causing the problems??
Old 01-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
MT plugin?
Mytheatre Plugin.

It is basically a network encoder, that allows us to use DVB-S streams in Mytheatre. (The supposed "support" by Sage is severely lacking.) Mytheatre handles all the tuning of the DVB-S streams, and passes the video along to Sage, via a Network Encoder Tuner, and the Sage does the recording.

More info can be seen here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12473
Old 01-05-2007, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, I am... what are you doing with video redo?? I don't do any compression to any of my recordings, just would like to burn them to DVD.

I saw in the thread for the original DVD burning mod (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17484) that it was capable of burning to DVD without transoding. Is that still the case, or is it forcing transcoding and that is causing the problems??
If your video is in a DVD compliant format (like DVD standard play) and the there's enough room on the DVD the videos will not be recompressed.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mytheatre Plugin.

It is basically a network encoder, that allows us to use DVB-S streams in Mytheatre. (The supposed "support" by Sage is severely lacking.) Mytheatre handles all the tuning of the DVB-S streams, and passes the video along to Sage, via a Network Encoder Tuner, and the Sage does the recording.

More info can be seen here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12473
Ok, in that case I definitely need to see one of your logfiles.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Also if it helps to diagnose it... the video I tried recording to DVD was 3hours 30 minutes long... and the DVD shows the video length of 1 hour 47 minutes. Almost exactly half.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Its called quickstream fix. It cleans up the MPEG. I find sometime MyTheatre has some stream errors once in a while.

Technazz
Old 01-05-2007, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Also if it helps to diagnose it... the video I tried recording to DVD was 3hours 30 minutes long... and the DVD shows the video length of 1 hour 47 minutes. Almost exactly half.
Yeah, with a video that long you have to recompress it to make it fit, but it shouldn't be causing any problems like your seeing.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Its called quickstream fix. It cleans up the MPEG. I find sometime MyTheatre has some stream errors once in a while.

Technazz
how long does it take to run against a recording, and is it possible to streamline the process to make the DVD burning plugin do this automatically??
Old 01-05-2007, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
how long does it take to run against a recording, and is it possible to streamline the process to make the DVD burning plugin do this automatically??
You can't do it automatically in the current version, but in the next one you should be able to run an infinitely long chain of commands on a file which would work for you guys.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

It really fast. Just as long as to save the file.

Technazz
Old 01-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Technazz
Another thought, although a bit unrelated. Are you doing any commercial skipping with your setup?? I tried it in the past and got poor results, because it seemed like sage would never go to the same exact point twice when jumping around commercials. I assumed this was a decoded problem with not being able to keep a proper timeline, but perhaps it is an issue with the .mpg file needing to be cleaned up??
Old 01-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Another thought, although a bit unrelated. Are you doing any commercial skipping with your setup?? I tried it in the past and got poor results, because it seemed like sage would never go to the same exact point twice when jumping around commercials. I assumed this was a decoded problem with not being able to keep a proper timeline, but perhaps it is an issue with the .mpg file needing to be cleaned up??

Yes, Comskip/Comskip Monitor works fine. I havent really any problems like you described lately although I have seen that on some HDTV recordings in the past.

Technazz
Old 01-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Sage User

I've been experiencing a problem lately with sage, but I'm now sure if it's related to this mod, the mce mod or just a problem with sage altogether.

For some reason, there are times when I go to play a recorded video and at the very start, a dialog box pops up asking if I want to restart, delete or stop the program. I know the video is starting from the begining but it seems as if sage thinks it's over.

Has anyone else noticed this if so, is there a fix as it gets rather frustrating.

A temporary workaround is to skip 10 seconds into the program as soon as you play it, but if your not fast enough, it will keep asking what to do.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2007, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

That's really strange behavior. I recommend reverting back to the original version of Sage16x9.xml and seeing if it still happens there.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

EP - have you had a chance to address the problem with SD video with AC3 sound being dropped when creating a DVD image? Everything that is recorded from my r5000 boxes, both SD and HD, has AC3 sound so I can't create a DVD image for my SD stuff Thanks
Closed Thread