SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

Arrow STV Import: Video Out Popup Menu for SageMC

This import adds a popup menu to choose the new output resolution of the extender interactively (similar to the "Detailed Setup" > Multimedia > "Output Resolution" menu in the default STC). The menu is mapped to the "Video Out" remote button while in the media player.

This STVi replaces the default behavior of the "Video Out" remote button while in the Media Player. In other portions of the UI the "Video Out" button is the default behavior (cycling through available resolutions).

Currently this import can not be disabled via property items once installed...

This import is only for SageMC and the HD extenders.

Download Link:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=311
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just wanted to chime in and thank you for this one. I have some timing issues between my HD200 and TV, so I have to use a custom resolution which I have to reselect every time I power cycle the HD200. This STVi, in tandem with a sequence in my Harmony remote give the the ability to easily switch to that custom res with one click of the remote.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

excellent ... glad you like it.... i keep meaning to rewrite this plugin and integrate my plugin that displays the output on the timebar and add customizable native output resolution switching... its a work in progress (at least in my head)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 10-10-2009, 06:09 AM
SageTVaholic

somewhat related to this, but does your format display plugin also grab the framerate? I'd like to be able to autoswitch refresh rates on my PC client (between 60 and 24). I had attempted to use ReClock to do this, but since it actually detects the real framerate, it causes a lot of switching on poorly encoded broadcasts (a lot of local broadcasts are constantly flipping between FILM and VIDEO flags). ReClock tries to switch resolutions each time... not idea. I'd rather be able to just read the media file's fps property, and use that, so each file will only cause one switch.

To do this, I'd basically just need to be able to call a command line at the start of each file, and use 12noon display changer to change it to 24 or 60...

EDIT: Just checked the screenshots, and it seems it does indeed detect/display framerate... veeeery interesting.. hehe. just have to learn how to turn that into a commandline and call it from studio...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
somewhat related to this, but does your format display plugin also grab the framerate? I'd like to be able to autoswitch refresh rates on my PC client (between 60 and 24). I had attempted to use ReClock to do this, but since it actually detects the real framerate, it causes a lot of switching on poorly encoded broadcasts (a lot of local broadcasts are constantly flipping between FILM and VIDEO flags). ReClock tries to switch resolutions each time... not idea. I'd rather be able to just read the media file's fps property, and use that, so each file will only cause one switch.

To do this, I'd basically just need to be able to call a command line at the start of each file, and use 12noon display changer to change it to 24 or 60...

EDIT: Just checked the screenshots, and it seems it does indeed detect/display framerate... veeeery interesting.. hehe. just have to learn how to turn that into a commandline and call it from studio...
right now it doesnt do a very good job at it though. it will also miss detect dvd and hd-pvr resolution/framerate. the version i am running here is slightly better but still not great. the rewrite will definitely have the ability to parse framerates and resolutions... The main reason why i want to fix the native resolution switching is for 1080p24 material... i want that at 24fps not 60(without changing anything manually)...

of course im mainly interested in doing this for the hd200... but its probably also possible to make it call a commandline for pc clients / reclock / etc.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Sage User

Can get video out popup to work

To Razrsharpe,

I've tried to install this video out popup but nothing happens different when I press the Video Out button on the remote. It still just cycles through the resolution choices.

I'm trying to use this with the videos on my server in extended mode.

I'm using SageMC, the latest release.

Anything you can tell me to help will be greatly appreciated.

Louis
Old 04-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Sage Icon

@mathelo... it only is active during video playback... if you are anywhere else in the ui (menus, video screens, etc) the video out button behaves normally (ie cycles)... if it still does not work during video playback then something weird is going one... probably relating to being imported correctly... after you import the STVi (from My Menu -> Settings -> Import STVi) if it still does not work you can zip up the resulting stv (something like sagemc_***-#.xml with the most recent modified date) and send it to sagetve @ gmail . com and i can take a look at the stv to see whats up.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
@mathelo... it only is active during video playback... if you are anywhere else in the ui (menus, video screens, etc) the video out button behaves normally (ie cycles)... if it still does not work during video playback then something weird is going one... probably relating to being imported correctly... after you import the STVi (from My Menu -> Settings -> Import STVi) if it still does not work you can zip up the resulting stv (something like sagemc_***-#.xml with the most recent modified date) and send it to sagetve @ gmail . com and i can take a look at the stv to see whats up.
Just sent the file.