SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

toricred,

Your Compressions should run ok. FFMPEG comes into play when you are transcoding to DVD. So you should be ok.

I have a sample below of a profile I use.

Code:
mencoder: Video Encoding Profiles...
------------------------------
	Profile           =ed_1PassXvid
	Command           =|
	Pass 1 Options    =%input% -ofps 25 -subcp cp1252 -sws 2 -vf scale -zoom -xy 320 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts threads=1:autoaspect:trellis:chroma_me:chroma_opt:hq_ac:quant_type=h263:bitrate=800 -af channels=2 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128:highpassfreq=-1:lowpassfreq=-1 -o %output% 
	Pass 2 Options    =none!
	Container         =avi
	mb/30 minute      =
        custum Res        =
	Audio Options     =
        copy AC3          =0
        est. Audio Size   =1.09
	Video filters	  =
	Output Folder     =
------------------------------
PS if you create a profile make sure you add it to your Sage Properties see ex below.

Code:
evilpenguin/compress/profiles=ed_1PassXvid,2-Pass Xvid,2-Pass x264,2-Pass Divx,1-Pass Xvid,1-Pass x264,1-Pass Divx,comm_cut_mpg,custom1,custom2,custom3

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-25-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Sage Icon

Where do I put the profile?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Where do I put the profile?
the profiles go in "perl2dvd.mencoder" which can be found in your SageTV folder....you can open it with notepad.

Read more here
Old 06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Sage Icon

I'm doing this on a client and don't see the line in the sageclient.properties. I also don't see a sage.properties. Where else would I add the profile?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

You have to add it in the Sagetv Server. On the Client all you need is the "perl2dvd.mencoder" the "perl2dvd.mencoder" has to be the same at the server and all your clients. This means shutting down the Server and editing the properties with the new profile name.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Sage Icon

I need it on the server even if I only use it on the client?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I need it on the server even if I only use it on the client?
No. You can do the whole install on only a client and run it all from there.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Sage Icon

I got that working, but I'm still having the problem with the volume being extremely low on compressed files. I'm using AC3Filter and I was wondering if the output of the avi files was a format not supported by AC3Filter and thus I'm not getting the boost for these files. Is this possibly the problem?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:18 AM
SageTVaholic

If the file is in a format that Sage is using mplayer for (x264, I think) then AC3Filter won't even be used. There should be a setting that forces Sage to use dshow for mpeg4 playback, but I can't find it right now.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-28-2007, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Problem solved

Well, it took a little time, but I finally got everything straightened out with my new job! Since I'm not a spy, or anything awesome like that, there's no need to be so secretive: I'm working in Microsoft's HD-DVD group, which should explain why I thought this plug-in might have been an issue. About the only catch is that I can never add any HD-DVD functionality to the plug-in, which I was never planning anyway, so I guess I can live with that .

So, once I get settled in my new apartment, I can finally get this darn plug-in finished !

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Well, it took a little time, but I finally got everything straightened out with my new job! Since I'm not a spy, or anything awesome like that, there's no need to be so secretive: I'm working in Microsoft's HD-DVD group, which should explain why I thought this plug-in might have been an issue. About the only catch is that I can never add any HD-DVD functionality to the plug-in, which I was never planning anyway, so I guess I can live with that .

So, once I get settled in my new apartment, I can finally get this darn plug-in finished !
Congratulations! And we're glad to have you back in the group. Now you can agitate for Sage supporting HD-DVD playback as a way of saying thank you to your new bosses.

Thanks,
mike
Old 06-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If the file is in a format that Sage is using mplayer for (x264, I think) then AC3Filter won't even be used. There should be a setting that forces Sage to use dshow for mpeg4 playback, but I can't find it right now.
OK, I found the setting to use mplayer by default and it is already set to false. Still have the same problem. In addition, there is a setting for mplayer/audio_renderer. This is set to dsound, but I can't find any information about it. Could that be the setting?

Oh, and congratulations. Microsoft has really picked a winner. I just hope you don't decide to use MCE and stop visiting us on the forum.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

PAL aspect ratio problems

I've spent a bit of time today trying to sort some aspect ratio problems that I've been experiencing when burning video dvd's.

I have two different types of tuner card in my system;

2x pvr150 PAL which record 4:3 mpegs from SD DVB set top boxes
1x Hauppauge Nova-T 500 dual tuner dvb card which I use to record 16:9 SD (PAL)

The problem that I've been seeing is that when processed and put onto a DVD, the 4:3 ratio recordings are bunched up so that the picture area (actually a 4:3 recording of 16:9 dvb signal from the stv) becomes bunched up into a 1:1 ratio at the center of the screen.

16:9 recordings from the Nova-T actually look a bit better than this but become stretched to 4:3 and take up the entire screen.

After turning on all of the debug options and performing some tests I've discovered that the culprit appears to be the dvdauthor portion of the process. The dvdauthor process uses an xml file in the work folder eg: "Lost - One of Us(2).dvdList.4.config.xml" which contains entries like the following;

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<dvdauthor dest="\\Xerxes\dvdwork\\Lost - One of Us(2).dvdList.4.imgFolder">
<!-- DO NOT edit the 2 lines above -->
  <vmgm>
    <menus>
      <video format="pal" aspect="4:3" widescreen="noletterbox"/>
      <pgc>
        <button> jump titleset 1 menu; </button>
        <vob file="\\Xerxes\dvdwork\Lost - One of Us(2).dvdList.4.WorkFolder\menuBackground.menu.mpg" pause="5"/>
        <button> jump titleset 2 menu; </button>
        <vob file="\\Xerxes\dvdwork\Lost - One of Us(2).dvdList.4.WorkFolder\menuBackground.menu.mpg" pause="5"/>
      </pgc>
    </menus>
  </vmgm>
  <titleset>
    <menus>
      <pgc>
        <button> jump title 1; </button>
        <button> jump vmgm menu; </button>
        <vob file="\\Xerxes\dvdwork\Lost - One of Us(2).dvdList.4.WorkFolder\subMenuBackground.0.menu.mpg" pause="5"/>
        <post>jump cell 1;</post>
      </pgc>
    </menus>
    <titles>
      <pgc>
        <vob file="\\Xerxes\dvdwork\Lost - One of Us(2).dvdList.4.WorkFolder\GoodGame-364675-0.2dvd.mpg" chapters="0,5:00,10:00,15:00,20:00,25:00" />
        <post>call vmgm menu;</post>
      </pgc>
    </titles>
  </titleset>
  <titleset>
    <menus>
      <pgc>
        <button> jump title 1; </button>
        <button> jump vmgm menu; </button>
        <vob file="\\Xerxes\dvdwork\Lost - One of Us(2).dvdList.4.WorkFolder\subMenuBackground.1.menu.mpg" pause="5"/>
        <post>jump cell 1;</post>
      </pgc>
    </menus>
    <titles>
      <pgc>
        <vob file="\\Xerxes\dvdwork\Lost - One of Us(2).dvdList.4.WorkFolder\Lost-OneofUs-353055-0.2dvd.mpg" chapters="0,5:00,10:00,15:00,20:00,25:00,30:00,35:00,40:00,45:00,50:00,55:00,60:00,65:00,70:00" />
        <post>call vmgm menu;</post>
      </pgc>
    </titles>
  </titleset>
</dvdauthor>
What I have found through trial and error is that if I replace all instances of

with

<video format="pal" />

dvdauthor is able to automagically determine the correct aspect ratio for the file and treat it appropriately.

I've been able to stop the dvd creation process when it gets to the dvdauthor stage, edit the .xml file as above, manually complete the dvdauthor and mkisofs processes and successfully burn a dvd with perfectly behaving aspect ratios. I've checked this with a mixture of 16:9 and 4:3 files on the same disc with no problems.

I haven't been able to find any user editable setting that will stop the aspect and widescreen attributes from being included in the dvdauthor xml file.

Would it be possible to either remove these settings from the process or to add a parrameter that allows the user to define what settings should be included (in case the aspect and widescreen values are required by others out there)?

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any ideas or questions.

Mick.

PS: I could record some short pal files and make them available for download if that would help.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Unfortunately, that's something that can't be fixed through configuration. But, if you can make a small clip (~3 sec) and email it to me @ perl2dvd(at)gmail.com, i'll be sure it works in the next version.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 07-01-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

By the way, the autocompress stopped working again when I put in Sage 6.2.4 beta. (By the way, somebody gave me 2.0.1b and that was what got it working.

All the configuration settings still appear, but the automatic compression isn't hapening. Of course, the manual recordings are compressing very well.

P.S. When do you anticipate releasing the new version?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Sage Icon

I got it working when I reverted back to flachbar's SageMC. I was trying twieder's version of SageMC Redeux and for some reason it quit working. Now that his enhancements are an stvi, I won't make the mistake again.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, for finding that, i'll check out the STVi and see where its breaking.

As for the new version, I just a have a few small but very tricky STVi changes then i'll be ready to go.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Unfortunately, that's something that can't be fixed through configuration. But, if you can make a small clip (~3 sec) and email it to me @ perl2dvd(at)gmail.com, i'll be sure it works in the next version.
Hi EP,

I've sent the clips through. Let me know if I can help with testing anything.

Mick.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Should we take it that you got some progress done on the legal side of things????? If only the send to menu was working

Erik
Old 07-04-2007, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Hi EP,

I've sent the clips through. Let me know if I can help with testing anything.

Mick.
Thanks, I got the clips and can see the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadErik View Post
Should we take it that you got some progress done on the legal side of things????? If only the send to menu was working

Erik
Yep, everything is sorted out and I'm back to work.

Closed Thread