SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chroner View Post
I've been using this pluggin since early this year and have recently run into an issue which wasn't present before. I'm trying to figure out what I mucked up but I'm not having much luck.

When I attempt to burn recordings, the pluggin no longer uses the .edl/.txt files generated by comskip to remove commercials.

I recently added another stvi (BobPhoenix's cut point editor) which alters the cut points in the .edl/.txt files associated with a recording, so i suspect that this has something to do with the problem. However, I have looked at the .edl/.txt files and they appear to be ok.

Any ideas on how to go about fixing the issue or gaining more insight into what is happening?

Thanks
Hey Chroner,

Sorry, I meant to get back to you sooner, but its been a busy week. Can you go into your perl2dvd.advanced.prefs and enable "Save Log File for debugging", try and burn a DVD, and send me the resulting log file @ perl2dvd(at)gmail(dot)com?

Thanks!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 08-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Sage User

Sure thing, I'll give it a shot this evening.

Thanks again, your pluggin has been extremely useful over the past few months.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am having another problem with the edl's I think, I am just using the comm_cut mpg dragNdrop and it is cutting way more than what is being marked (as far as I can tell when playing back in sage all the commercials are marked correctly).

Any suggestions?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

I can't hold back any longer.... Any news on the next version?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up Back

I've been busy almost drowning a bunch for the last week, but thats done now so I'm back to work on my ever shrinking todo list.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-20-2007, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Everyone who's having DVD sync issues (or any other type of encoding issue for that matter) with the current version should download and test the tool I just posted. If it works there, it will work in the plug-in when its finished.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27425

Old 09-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Arrow Installed everything and can't see DVD options in 'Send to...'?

That's because you've not disabled the default compression in the SageMC Options menu. Select the 'Main' button and scroll to the bottom of the list. Select 'Disable' by the 'Enable Default Compression' option. I found that I had to close and reopen Sage and do this a couple of times before it 'Stuck'.

It's only taken me a couple of months to find this and fix it!

So, just in case anyone else is as stupid as me, we could make this post sticky?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Vista and Dirmon2 with Video Tools

Just a quick note if anyone tries this with Vista...

DIRMON2GUI (even when run as administrator) doesn't start the Dirmon service... Had to go in and manually stop/restart the service before the perl2dvd job would kick off. The setup program that Evil wrote does work with Vista when run as admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
That's because you've not disabled the default compression in the SageMC Options menu. Select the 'Main' button and scroll to the bottom of the list. Select 'Disable' by the 'Enable Default Compression' option. I found that I had to close and reopen Sage and do this a couple of times before it 'Stuck'.
Thanks for the tip, this worked for me, but I also noticed it took several tries to get it to work. The last thing I tried was disabling/re-enabling 'enable DVD burning' under extras, exiting Sage and restarting Sage.
Larry
Old 09-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post
Just a quick note if anyone tries this with Vista...

DIRMON2GUI (even when run as administrator) doesn't start the Dirmon service... Had to go in and manually stop/restart the service before the perl2dvd job would kick off. The setup program that Evil wrote does work with Vista when run as admin.
Spoke too soon...

The DVDs process, go to the 'silver' ready-to-burn logo, and all looks well, but Imgburn never starts when I click on the silver image.

To get it to work, I had to go into each batch file in c:\sageothers and change the line for imgburn from
"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe"
to "C:\Program Files (X86)\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe"

To make the fix for future DVD burns, I changed the line in perl2dvd.pref:

Path to ImgBurn relative to computer doing burning =C:\Program Files (X86)\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe

Hope that helps someone,
Larry

Last edited by larryf; 09-25-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, I'm in the process of updating my install/usage instructions and I accidently deleted some of the old ones . So rather than recreate them I just disabled the downloads until everything gets sorted out. Sorry!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

I'm now using MC 6.3.4a and the automatic compression isn't working. It also seems to have the problem with not giving options for what compression to use in the Series Settings.

Any news on a new version (at least one that works with 6.3.4a) or better yet the next major release?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post

The three different modes:
  1. Create Video DVD’s
  2. Compress Videos
  3. Compress Videos to Data DVD’s

If you pick 1, the script will take the shows and turn them into a video DVD that you can play on any standalone DVD player without affecting any or your original recordings.

If you pick 2 or 3, by default, the script will replace the originals with the compressed versions and if you pick 3 the script will also make a data DVD that contains the compressed videos and all their metadata.
Could I use this to compress videos and also keep the original file?

Currently in SageMC using the default compression I can nominate a folder to compress to without replacing the original file - this is very useful for me.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 10-03-2007, 07:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I'm now using MC 6.3.4a and the automatic compression isn't working. It also seems to have the problem with not giving options for what compression to use in the Series Settings.

Any news on a new version (at least one that works with 6.3.4a) or better yet the next major release?
Nope, no fix releases, just the next major one which i'm still hard at work on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner View Post
Could I use this to compress videos and also keep the original file?

Currently in SageMC using the default compression I can nominate a folder to compress to without replacing the original file - this is very useful for me.

Thanks,
Alex
Yep, i'm planning on duplicating this.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-03-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Sage Icon

If you're not releasing a fix, then back to my regularly scheduled question ... any clues or hints on when we might see the new release?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Yep, i'm planning on duplicating this.
Excellent, will look forward to trying it out.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
If you're not releasing a fix, then back to my regularly scheduled question ... any clues or hints on when we might see the new release?
I'm down to the last few bells and whistles so it shouldn't be long now. The last big thing that needs to be done is to give the "Auto-compress Favorites" logic a once over. I really want to add a new feature JREkiwi thought of which is to be able to autocompress a favorite with multiple profiles (ex. encode to hq xivid in place AND also to ipod compatable in a folder).

Old 10-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Are we there yet?

Mick.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Are we there yet?

Mick.
lol, yeah are we?

Old 10-13-2007, 08:19 PM
SageTVaholic

default: One pass or two?

Just a quick poll: would you rather have 2-pass encodes be default and have to explicitly set an option for 1-pass or the other way around?

I'm currently leaning towards 2-pass as default but I was curious what other people thought.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Sage Icon

I guess 2 would be fine (I usually use 1 to keep down my time compressing since I compress everything I record with one of my clients). Does this mean you're close to releasing?
Closed Thread