SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Just a quick poll: would you rather have 2-pass encodes be default and have to explicitly set an option for 1-pass or the other way around?

I'm currently leaning towards 2-pass as default but I was curious what other people thought.
I'd go for two pass by default though I'm not particularly fussed either way.

Mick.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Just a quick poll: would you rather have 2-pass encodes be default and have to explicitly set an option for 1-pass or the other way around?

I'm currently leaning towards 2-pass as default but I was curious what other people thought.
I don't care too much about 2 pass if it can be scheduled in the night. A one quick and dirty one pass encoding for dvd burning would be nice though.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'd say default 2 pass, assuming you can access 1 pass when you need to.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiegerner View Post
I'd say default 2 pass, assuming you can access 1 pass when you need to.
I agree, with cpu's getting faster and faster, 2-pass isn't that slow anymore...

thx
mike
Old 10-15-2007, 03:47 PM
SageTVaholic

2-pass default = done

Now, onto other things. I just finished implimenting tight intergration of handbrake profiles/options into the STVi and it left me with the impression that I should do everything like that.

Basically, here's how I think it should work: You select a show to compress and instead of getting a list of profiles you get a list of available encoders (HandBrake,SageTVTranscoder,Mencoder) and if you just select them you'll end up with a good in-place compression (All of the defaults will make either xvid/mp3.avi or divx/mp3.avi depending on what's available)

However, you can also select "Enable Advanced Options" before you pick your encoder and then this will pop-up a window filled with generic and profile specific options. First and most importantly, it will let you select a specific profile to use (ex: for SageTVTranscoder you can pick any of Sage's profiles) but you will also be able to set more detailed options such as bitrate, deinterlace, 1-pass/2-pass, container (avi/mkv/mp4), video format (x264/xvid/divx), audio format (mp3,aac,ac3,Ogg,copy), etc. (A screenshot would really help illustrate what i'm talking about, i'll post one tonight)

I think its a nice trade-off between power and usability (plus, less clutter in the selection window for people who don't care about the razr/psp/etc. ). I'm hoping to get a mostly working version (just compress/auto-compress favorites) released early this week.

(still to many embaressing bugs in the dvd burning code to release that , but that's really close too)

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-15-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
I agree, with cpu's getting faster and faster, 2-pass isn't that slow anymore...

thx
mike
True for divx/xvid, but I've got a quadcore machine and I can still make an h.264 profile that will grind it to a halt

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 10-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Sage Icon

I'm trying to change all my favorites to use 2 pass Divx. When I look at the log files, I see they're being encoded as xvid instead. I've verified my perl2dvd.mencoder.profiles file is correct.

I'm currently using MC 6.3.5, but I changed to an old version of MC to change the auto conversion option (I was doing 1 pass h.264). I'm not sure what else to do to troubleshoot, what can I do to correct this?
Old 10-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Soooooo, any sense of when the STVi will be ready? It seems like it's been a while. I'm using MCE right now (playback issues in sage) but I'm going to switch back once the HD extender is ready and I'd love if there was some sort of good compression solution waiting for me.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor View Post
Soooooo, any sense of when the STVi will be ready? It seems like it's been a while. I'm using MCE right now (playback issues in sage) but I'm going to switch back once the HD extender is ready and I'd love if there was some sort of good compression solution waiting for me.
What specifically works for you in MCE that is broken in Sage? Is this a EVR vs VMR9 problem?

thanks,
mike
Old 10-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yup. I've wasted too many hours trying to get smooth playback of 1080i content in Sage. In EVR it's smooth, fluid, and clear every time. I can do firewire recording via firestb and QAM via my HDHR. It's not an ideal solution (only 3 tuners, crash-prone), but I was sick of all the judder and microstutter.

Once we get the HD extender and hardware playback I'll switch back to Sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
What specifically works for you in MCE that is broken in Sage? Is this a EVR vs VMR9 problem?

thanks,
mike

Last edited by fyodor; 10-19-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Sage User

I haven't read through this entire thread but I'm wondering if I can use this mod without installing SageMC? I have a working installation of the default SageTV and I have over 100 shows I need to burn to DVD to archive for my wife.

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Angry Can't download the old DVD burning version any more!

Evilpenguin, I was just about to set up a machine and I went to download the 2.01a version 'cos I need to burn DVDs. I know you have a new version but it doesn't do DVDs yet. Can I have the old zip file for now?

Thanks
Old 10-24-2007, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

If you're using SageMC just sit tight for a bit while I finish the DVD burning stuff for the new version. Shouldn't be long now.

If you're using the default STV then you out of luck. The new version won't be done for quite a while and I'm not interested in letting an old version out the door (my old instructions are gone and i'm not going to spend the time to recreate them)
Old 11-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

Any updates on the DVD burner plugin?

Thanks
matt
Old 03-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Sage User

Having trouble

This is just what I wanted =) but I'm having trouble installing:

1) Download SageMC Video Tools STVi(Must be opened with winRAR)(Don't use the alpha release), Dirmon2, and imgBurn.
2) Install Dirmon2 and imgBurn, but don't configure them, leave that for the setup script.
3)Completely shutdown SageTV and extract the STVi into your SageTV folder.
4)Run perl2dvdSetup.exe

I can't see any perl2dvdsetup.exe at this stage?
Old 03-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyWolf View Post
This is just what I wanted =) but I'm having trouble installing:

1) Download SageMC Video Tools STVi(Must be opened with winRAR)(Don't use the alpha release), Dirmon2, and imgBurn.
2) Install Dirmon2 and imgBurn, but don't configure them, leave that for the setup script.
3)Completely shutdown SageTV and extract the STVi into your SageTV folder.
4)Run perl2dvdSetup.exe

I can't see any perl2dvdsetup.exe at this stage?
try Sage Video Tools 3.0?
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ht=video+tools
Old 03-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck View Post
I definitely have. I tried 3.0c and 3.0k

Ps, where <exactly> should I extract/copy these files into?

Either way, there is no perl2dvdsetup.exe in that archive. There is a perl2dvd folder, but no setup.exe in it

What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyWolf View Post
I definitely have. I tried 3.0c and 3.0k

Ps, where <exactly> should I extract/copy these files into?

Either way, there is no perl2dvdsetup.exe in that archive. There is a perl2dvd folder, but no setup.exe in it

What am I doing wrong?
Follow the instructions in the 3.0. I think the installation directions are different.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck View Post
Follow the instructions in the 3.0. I think the installation directions are different.
I'm sorry..? Instructions? Where are they? I downloaded version 3.0k (and c) from sourceforge and when you double-click them (winrar) they are a self-unpacking archive. I unpacked them into a directory, and there are no instructions or setup.exe that I can see. It feels rather like something I should be unpacking directly into the SageTV folders,.. somewhere, but I don't know where.

Are there instructions somewhere?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

You might try that big link in the first post of the 3.0 thread that says "download and instructions". That being said I'm not sure the plugin works anymore, I haven't tried it in over a year.
Closed Thread